Bannerlord Online mod

Users who are viewing this thread

This ultimately isn't a good thing when it comes to PVP right? I say this because in native bannerlord multiplayer, if I have 300 ping then the only impact that'll have on other people is seeing my character reacting slowly to things. It seems like in Bannerlord Online if I have 300 ping and swing at somebody, my hit will just go through them without applying damage initially and on their screen they won't even see me swing at them yet. Then all of a sudden I will see the damage apply, and the enemy will be wondering how I even hit them.

I might not be understanding this properly so correct me if I'm wrong, but Native multiplayer handles players with high ping much better than Bannerlord Online's system will correct?
This depends on the implementation. My example was just a basic explanation of how I think it might be achieving a lightweight-look.
If there are no checking ( which I doubt this is the case ) then you can "mock" combat and send data as if you are hitting someone and drop their health - even in no ping case. But if there are a timestamp checking and two-way checking ( i.e. you hit someone, server checks if you are even at the same place, if your last combat params/hash matching etc etc then it can allow ) But in your local-copy you could still be seeing that person getting a hit, bursting blood etc, but that might not be the case in real life which is confusing for the trigger person - which is you, in this case, as a high ping person.

So I wouldn't say it handles better but more fairly for both sides. But of course, these are all based on vague assumptions I make. I'm not MP dev or network guru.

This ultimately isn't a good thing when it comes to PVP right? I say this because in native bannerlord multiplayer, if I have 300 ping then the only impact that'll have on other people is seeing my character reacting slowly to things. It seems like in Bannerlord Online if I have 300 ping and swing at somebody, my hit will just go through them without applying damage initially and on their screen they won't even see me swing at them yet. Then all of a sudden I will see the damage apply, and the enemy will be wondering how I even hit them.

I might not be understanding this properly so correct me if I'm wrong, but Native multiplayer handles players with high ping much better than Bannerlord Online's system will correct?
I feel the same as you. Bannerlord Online combat feels very horrendous at this points

@EbdanianAdmiral dude, do you really expect the game to perform well on 130 ping? Bannerlord has many problems, but high ping performance is a non issue, its physical limitation for this type of game.
I dont? Warband was awful with high ping as well. I just think its stupid to act like "having 300 ping and it feels bad" is a detractor for the mod when the same can be said for every precision based multiplayer game in existence

I dont? Warband was awful with high ping as well. I just think its stupid to act like "having 300 ping and it feels bad" is a detractor for the mod when the same can be said for every precision based multiplayer game in existence
Warband was not awful with high ping. It was playable competitively up to 230 ping depending on your role and region.

Warband was not awful with high ping. It was playable competitively up to 230 ping depending on your role and region.
If you were a pro player of course, send a casual with +200 ping and you get an ass kicked. Now 300? I played Bannerlord with a "stable" ping of 300 and it was playable, but it did felt awful, blocking with two handers was next to impossible because you would block and the attack hits anyways, with some exceptions (no it wasn't because I was bad, I knew I had blocked several times in case you guys were wondering) Nonetheless, the combat in this game will feel way better once it has servers in NA, so this ping issue shouldn't be a reason to judge the mod itself. Hopefully... SA one day too? ? If they beat Taleworlds to it I will laugh my ass off

''Warband competitive playable up to 230 ping''

Someone give this man a troll badge.
He's a pro player for NA iirc, he came to SA to help teams beat our asses and he played with +200 ping I think lol, we lived in peace in SA until you americans came with your fancy rules and your fancy tactics!!! Scum!!!

While I do enjoy the mod so far, it does indeed feel a bit fishy. How is it that this mod pops out of nowhere, but has enough resources to support the servers? Who even created it? I have never heared of that Storm54 guy before.
Still, it's a great project with lots of potential imo. IF it's legitimate.

Anything above 100 it starts getting tricky, things you do at low ping don't behave in same way and thus your warband habits are changing. I know I'm terrible at bumpstabbing once I start trickling above 100 ping, but anything below it and you'll see me do the same **** I do on any other server.

Having a lot of fun with this mod while not taking it too seriously. Mod had just been released and looking promising overall with 1000 player servers so I don't think we need to be very critical of everything.. I don't think bannerlord had this much active multiplayer for a looong time. Although I don't know if cracked version can have access to the mod that might also affect the results. This also shows that bannerlord need of private servers with custom maps/mods. Hope it can be implemented before 2021 Q3 without losing the interest of good amount of player base.

Big thanks to the mod creators for their work.

This depends on the implementation. My example was just a basic explanation of how I think it might be achieving a lightweight-look.
If there are no checking ( which I doubt this is the case ) then you can "mock" combat and send data as if you are hitting someone and drop their health - even in no ping case. But if there are a timestamp checking and two-way checking ( i.e. you hit someone, server checks if you are even at the same place, if your last combat params/hash matching etc etc then it can allow ) But in your local-copy you could still be seeing that person getting a hit, bursting blood etc, but that might not be the case in real life which is confusing for the trigger person - which is you, in this case, as a high ping person.
It'd be interesting to see whether it's clientsided or serversided. Discussed it a bit yesterday whilst trying out the arena (easy 100 gold per win). They don't tell us the ping so it could just be bad latency to the server making for weird non-blocks, weapons reaching further than they appear or getting insta-headshot by arrows which clearly missed. Might attempt to do a network check later.
I found my skills degraded quickly going from 15-30 to around 60 whilst in melee in WB/NW, but I'm sure players who're used to bad pings have learnt to play on such conditions far better than I've, but it doesn't void the fact that bad ping is a handicap for anyone because less reaction time, stuttering gameplay and so forth.
Also, there is nothing wrong with the Patreon, I don't see how you big brainers manage to call it illegal.
You are not allowed to:
• Restrict access to gameplay features
• Sell any form of in-game content, cosmetic or otherwise (items, perks, skins etc.) via payment or donation rewards
• Sell in-game currency for money (or any other means that facilitate the buying of in-game content through real spending)

If there's something I dont like about this dev is that he's selling weapon/horses for money, why not just accept any donation you get and that's it? We don't need to turn this thing into a microtransaction scheme

If there's something I dont like about this dev is that he's selling weapon/horses for money, why not just accept any donation you get and that's it? We don't need to turn this thing into a microtransaction scheme
He's already infiltrated everyone who downloaded the mod and signed up's computer, now this. He's getting greedy.

He's a pro player for NA iirc, he came to SA to help teams beat our asses and he played with +200 ping I think lol, we lived in peace in SA until you americans came with your fancy rules and your fancy tactics!!! Scum!!!
This says more about his opponents than it does about him

Back
Top Bottom