Need More Info Bannerlord on integrated graphics

Users who are viewing this thread

excitingcactus

Firstly, I would just like to say that Bannerlord looks amazing and this post is not a really a criticism because my current laptop is below the minimum requirements. However, I think there will be a lot of people in a similar position and it may be something that is easily solved. As soon as I launched Bannerlord I realized the game was struggling but weirdly my laptop wasn't. When I went to performance I saw that this is because it is trying to use 128MB of 'dedicated' VRAM! Its reading the maximum available to the graphics card and limiting usage to that value. This is fine if you have a dedicated graphics card but this value doesn't mean much for a modern integrated one. The game doesn't run even close to smoothly when run at absolute minimum settings, even at 800x600! So it really is trying to run with that amount of memory despite the fact that with 8GB of RAM available it should be able to pull at least a spare 1GB from system RAM. For comparison, Dark Souls 2 has a minimum requirement of 512MB, uses nearly 2GB total and runs smooth as butter at high settings on my laptop. Same with Divinity Original Sin.

I never expected the game to run well on these low end integrated systems but I think if it was allowed to access the normal shared RAM as with all other modern games running on integrated graphics then Bannerlord would be very playable on the lower graphics settings. After all it only needs ~1.6GB memory according to the in game performance settings. Let me know if anyone else has had a similar experience or if I have misunderstood what is happening altogether?

*Obligatory reply to the "why even bother on a laptop", will be getting a new desktop soon! Also some people can't afford stuff :smile:

Worth trying to play on geforce now, it's a service which has high end gaming computers in the cloud and you basically game on their systems via the internet.

Worth trying to play on geforce now, it's a service which has high end gaming computers in the cloud and you basically game on their systems via the internet.
Thanks! they really haven't marketed this well, never heard of it before but its ideal cos I have great internet. That will probably tie me over until I have a PC that can handle this.

Back
Top Bottom