Bannerlord on Game Pass and still a mess

Users who are viewing this thread

Sad that those of us that pre ordered or bought early struggled to enjoy the game with the innumerable bugs. Here we are a few months later and the game is still in a bad state on console, with barely any bugs resolved and most or all major bugs from launch still in the game.

After multiple corrupted files ending playthroughs and fatigue from the barrage of crashes and hindrances of major bugs like only getting xp for the last 5 recruits after a 1000v1000 battle, I took a few month break to let the devs fix the game.

Now I see that it's free on game pass and you're talking about releasing a dlc? Lmao I wish this were a joke. Disgrace to the mount and blade series. I can't speak for pc, but paying pre order price for a game I couldn't even finish that is now free almost feels like a scam. To think of how many years we looked forward to this game.

Waited almost a decade for the game to be developed, what's another year or two for it to work well lol maybe in 2024 will be enjoyable.

I can't speak for pc, but paying pre order price for a game I couldn't even finish that is now free almost feels like a scam.
Don't worry, buddy.
What you said is a typical console M&B experience.
How would you know you're playing a console M&B game without experiencing all this?

And seriously? Were you waiting for Bannerlord for a decade to play it on a console?

Don't worry, buddy.
What you said is a typical console M&B experience.
How would you know you're playing a console M&B game without experiencing all this?

And seriously? Were you waiting for Bannerlord for a decade to play it on a console?

Yea, Warband was one of the best games I had ever played so naturally when Bannerlord was announced I was ready.

Edit: I played Warband on pc, but haven't kept up with pc gaming for a few years so I didn't have access to Bannerlord during beta.

Yea, Warband was one of the best games I had ever played so naturally when Bannerlord was announced I was ready.

Edit: I played Warband on pc, but haven't kept up with pc gaming for a few years so I didn't have access to Bannerlord during beta.

It is just as you said.
Leaving it and returning after two or maybe three years would be wise.
The game might get stable, but I am pessimistic about the console version, for it likely will not support installing any modules.
You may get DLCs in the future, but it's not 100% sure they would release on consoles. I am sure you noticed that Warband DLC had yet to be released on either PlayStation or Xbox.

It is just as you said.
The game might get stable, but I am pessimistic about the console version, for it likely will not support installing any modules.
You may get DLCs in the future, but it's not 100% sure they would release on consoles. I am sure you noticed that Warband DLC had yet to be released on either PlayStation or Xbox.
DLC is a whole different conversation. In my few years of console gaming I've already learned we're second class gamers, an afterthought for devs. Our money isn't as good as steams and ya get used to less features and bad UIs. For now I just want a smooth playing experience and to see them build on some of the base game. Like the upcoming alley changes and control over companion formations instead of putting my cav archers in with infantry are decent examples. I've seen many great ideas for improving base game features on here, so hopefully TW are taking notes. Once TW gets the major bugs squashed and focuses on steady improvements Bannerlord will easily be a $50 game(except it's free on game pass now that's it's starting to work properly lmao).

However, the fact that they pumped us for full price pre-orders and a few months revenue then went to game pass well before the game is even running smoothly is incredibly disrespectful to the console community. I didn't even get a crappy cosmetic or horse or even an in game sound track to celebrate my pre-order status and supporting the devs. Hopefully they at least use that sweet Microsoft money to give us a gamepad UI that doesn't feel like it belongs in a 90s game.

It is just as you said.

They already said that every game content will be on consoles as well. On PS5/Series X the game needs some optimization but it is not in a bad shape. The problem is on older consoles, but i don't see any valid reason to spread pessimism

Back
Top Bottom