Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.6
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I've been having some issues lately.

I got into Bannerlord not long after it was released on Steam, and put more than a hundred hours into the game, before taking a break from the game. In that time I didn't experience anything more than a crash or two.

However, I have been having a very strange issue that appeared after I tried to re-install the game. For some reason, the game will not launch. I have tried reinstalling, verifying files, updating graphics drivers and OS, installing without Windows Defender, and just about every other thing recommended to get Bannerlord to work properly. At the time of this post none of these have helped.

After looking through the game files, it appears that Steam is installing the game files properly, but for some reason the bannerlord.exe is not installing. I don't know why this is happening, and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Computer Specs:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 980
    GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6109
    CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
    RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-E/USB 3.1
    Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Last edited:
If it's just the .exe missing the most likely issue is antivirus silently blacklisting / quarantining the file.

Troubleshooting it is going to depend on the AV, but the easiest way to check would be to disable / deactivate the antivirus, verify the files via Steam so it picks up and redownloads the missing .exe, then try launching it. Assuming that works you probably need to add an exception to the antivirus to avoid it trying to kill the file (assuming the file is safe of course; there's an outside chance Steam might be sending an infected file for some reason, but most of the time it's just the AV's process scanner deciding the telemetry or anti-cheat is doing something it doesn't like and deciding to nuke it)

Okay, looks like the .exe is now there.

However, the game still refuses to launch through steam. Running the .exe. as administrator seems to do the trick, though.

Back
Top Bottom