SP - General Bannerlord needs funerals.

Users who are viewing this thread

tahaadar

Regular
Bannerlord has a feature to die by age or by the cut of the steel. Its one of the key differences between bannerlord and warband, but without funerals for those characters its just makes them look and feel like a another generic npc. This is one of the most lacking aspects of bannerlord. It feels more like simulation genre than sandbox. Please start to improve immersion by these little touches. I dont think its challenging development side, but of course im no developer. It can be as simple as choosing dialoge sequences in the funeral about the departed and getting influence dependant on those dialoge choices.

Last edited:
First we need some basic Feasts!
Then we could have "upgraded" fiests for birth/wedding/coronation/ascension/funeral special variants :smile:

I fully agree we need all kinds of Immersion-features.

First we need some basic Feasts!
Then we could have "upgraded" fiests for birth/wedding/coronation/ascension/funeral special variants :smile:

I fully agree we need all kinds of Immersion-features.
We all know feasts is a must have, and i think devs at least think about this after all those feast suggestion threads.

Yeah, hopefully :smile:

But without basic/genereic feast at least I struggle to see how the specific variants should work.
Well as you can pressume funerals cannot happen without deaths, so we already have base for the funerals unlike feast sadly. Right know there is nothing that hints or bases a feast feature. f.e. the marriage ceremony is hinted after you're married and probably will be added.

Bannerlord has a feature to die by age or by the cut of the steel. Its one of the key differences between bannerlord and warband, but without funerals for those characters its just makes them look and feel like a another generic npc. This is one of the most lacking aspects of bannerlord. It feels more like simulation genre than sandbox. Please start to improve immersion by these little touches. I dont think its challenging development side, but of course im no developer. It can be as simple as choosing dialoge sequences in the funeral about the departed and getting influence dependant on those dialoge choices.
+1 - I really like this. Deaths should be more impactful then they are - I can talk to a widow'ed Lord and they don't have a specialized dialogue. Even adding that would be good. The funeral idea is great and could be a specialized event at the end of the war (or ad-hoc)

With that, I wish deaths *would* be more strategically impactful. You can kill a ton of Lords of another faction and it doesn't seem to make them anymore willing to peace out despite their permeant manpower reduction from having an eligible party be wiped out.

In this regards, i would say that npcs are unaware on who killed their entire family. I leave Monchug alone in this world, killed is hole family and the only thing he said to me was "I heard you took Marunath"

Back
Top Bottom