Bannerlord needs a lore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Developers are betraying this beautiful and great game by not writing a lore for it. If you're lazy, then just leave it to the notables of the community. (By notables, I mean trusted, known and intelligent people whose capable of writing a good lore, not ones that answering and spamming in random threads to just get a rank up.)

With much respect, have a good day.

What exactly do you mean by lore? I mean the lore exists, maybe what you mean it's any presentation for that lore. In that, yeah I agree 100% the game has no interaction or info to get and it RPG elements feel bland and boring.
ps: did you made your account today and starting posts non stop? Lmao

What exactly do you mean by lore? I mean the lore exists, maybe what you mean it's any presentation for that lore. In that, yeah I agree 100% the game has no interaction or info to get and it RPG elements feel bland and boring.
His account was made on Dec 14 2017

I think he means quality lore that is tied in and plays out in the real world around you. Not convoluted tales about some torn banner and some brothers kids or whatever that tripe was

I think he means quality lore that is tied in and plays out in the real world around you. Not convoluted tales about some torn banner and some brothers kids or whatever that tripe was
Well that is exactly what I meant, battanians, vlandians, the empire they all have lore and ideas around them but they're are poorly presented around the world or not even presented at all

The lore per the "Folly" that we were required to follow up on doesn't even affect gameplay. The story talks about inter faction grudges and internal frictions. It'd be nice if we saw some of it play out.

As i see it they're trying to place some lore, but it's been very weak

All we know is the Calradoi is not native of the Continent, they conquered people, they have a senate, a Imperator, not even lored during the Republic we know. And 20 years back we had a fool, Drusos Neretzes, and a hungry power senator, Arenicos Penthicos, but a very intelligent one.

Vlandia homeland is also beyond the sea

But, I agree Calradia needs a history, a lore of important evens and people... Arenicos even doesn't show up on the "family tree"

As i see it they're trying to place some lore, but it's been very weak

All we know is the Calradoi is not native of the Continent, they conquered people, they have a senate, a Imperator, not even lored during the Republic we know. And 20 years back we had a fool, Drusos Neretzes, and a hungry power senator, Arenicos Penthicos, but a very intelligent one.

Vlandia homeland is also beyond the sea

But, I agree Calradia needs a history, a lore of important evens and people... Arenicos even doesn't show up on the "family tree"

Battanians, Aserais and Khuzaits are the natives of the continent. Before Calradoi, Battanian High Kingdom ruled in central Calradia. I'm saying Calradia but this name was given after the conquest., I don't know what was it before.

Battanians, Aserais and Khuzaits are the natives of the continent. Before Calradoi, Battanian High Kingdom ruled in central Calradia. I'm saying Calradia but this name was given after the conquest., I don't know what was it before.

I'd suggest they hired writers and explained the concept of the game and vision of the world for them to write, but.. that isn't priority, the Game development is, since this game is based on the player hero story.

The only lore that could work is before Bannerlord, in the ancient times.. Even between Bannerlord and Warband a true lore of Calradia doesn't fit anymore, since the player can change History

Aren't the Calradoi originally tribes from the Rhodok highlands (don't know if the highlands has an official name) whom united into a republic before conquering most of Calradia in their golden age?

And i agree with OP aswell, lore made games like the tes series become even a cult hit, yeah skyrim brought lots kf new players and made the series extremely popular but that was because of all the passionated fans who heralded it to everyone they knew and keep to this day discussing every single aspect of Tamrielic life be it mundane or even metaphysical.

Bannerlord follows the same trend of obscure lore snipets as warband and i hope tw improves on it with more quests, dialogues and things like books etc

If you stich together every single snipet of lore we have now you can get a good image about who was whom but i would like more, think A Song of Ice and Fire, it's mostly generic medieval western low fantasy (which i like) but the lore makes it unique and created a huge fan base to discuss every like aspect of Westeros (until the show trashed on it but thats another story)

Aren't the Calradoi originally tribes from the Rhodok highlands (don't know if the highlands has an official name) whom united into a republic before conquering most of Calradia in their golden age?

They came form somewhere in Western Sea and settled on the lower parts of the Continent at first, lower Vlandia and where the Rhodoks built their kingdom, Pravend I believe is the ancient Capital Baravenos

Something like the Illiad, about Aeneas reaching the Latium

They came form somewhere in Western Sea and settled on the lower parts of the Continent at first, lower Vlandia and where the Rhodoks built their kingdom, Pravend I believe is the ancient Capital Baravenos

Something like the Illiad, about Aeneas reaching the Latium
Oh nice, that first part had sliped through me, ty for the repply!

Oh nice, that first part had sliped through me, ty for the repply!

But like I said with Bannerlord now even if they create a lore could be only before Bannerlord timeframe, because Bannerlord and Warband is only 120 years apart I guess and the player can change history. I'd love see new continets, or hear more about the old Republic, maybe they became a Empire just like the one we know ( Ancient Rome)? There was someone like G. Julius Caesar? Pompey? Sulla? Octavian?

Hell.. I even would like to play like a Republic with the Old Offices and Magistracies

That's what I'd like to know, because Calradia history knows is up to the player

Warband introduces a part of history that the Hero (Bannerlord) doesn't even exist, but now he does

Prophecy of Pendor has unbelievably rich lore that really tied into the game world. Was worthwhile to listen to conversations and possibly find out where the hidden Elf kingdom lair was, where to uncover a rare Qualli Gem (which gave all kinds of bonuses), open up unique Knights Orders even featuring the original People of Pendor that could be upgraded o the fearsome SilverMist Ranger Units. I once did a whole playthru recruiting only Native Pendorians and it felt totallty unique -as it should. As it is -Bannerlord is the OPPOSITE of this feeling

What I'd like to know is how the continent changed so drastically in such a short period of time....

What I'd like to know is how the continent changed so drastically in such a short period of time....
Which period of time?

hahaha

Between Bannerlord and Warband?

There's few controversy... If the Empire managed to got back together didn't lasted long, and who won maybe was Garios.

The the Vlandians invaded Battania probably and then the Empire... which go against some conversation with Harlaus that the Swadians had inumerous Queens, Kings and Emperors, since wouldn't take long for Warband period come upon us

Back
Top Bottom