MP Bannerlord Multiplayer Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

This is feedback for multiplayer.

After certain update on May, Multiplayer is getting less and less playable due to certain issues (some persisted for long time):

1) After introducing the network icon in multiplayer, I've notice I'm getting alot of packet loss and ping issue. Before that patch I wasn't having problem and things seems more smooth before the update. Though it is slightly getting better after few weeks. I've tried pinging the server using the software that is provided in another thread and everything seems fine with low ping and no packet loss but it was otherwise while in game.

All these issue happened without indication of packet loss or bad ping in my screen.

2) Hit detection. I found attacks goes through opponent's body. Projectile such as javelin can pass through opponent chest whom run straight at you at close distance, this is quite common and. Worst offender are a few times though even though rarely my melee sword swing can go through opponent body entirely (I can assure it is a hit as more than half of my blade just went through the body of the opponent's back). This makes no attack is reliable and easily getting attacked when i'm relying on stun locking an opponent from successful attack.

3) Attack speed. It is so hard to play melee sometimes as I cannot understand how an opponent can spam attack without delay. Some/few individuals can perform attack continuously on one side without me having chance to counter attack even if they are using slow swing weapon.Take sturgia Long Two handed axe as example vs empire gladius. After blocking and trying to attack I notice opponent already started swinging before I my swing begin forcing me to go back to defend. It is even more prominent when fighting against shorter weapon like short swords. To clarify I've try make sure i'm in "right stance" doing "right swing" but same result. The problem is only certain few players have such godly attack speed. I often have to resort to play cavalry/range in-order to reach top in the score table.

4) Not realistic enough combat. I know this game aims to make combat as realistic as possible but in some form it fails. This is a feature that I do not agree on. When you play multiplayer, the so call "better players" is like a "kung fu" fighter. You see them do super speed swing like a crazy monkey which doesn't happen in history. Soldiers don't fight like that. If you try mimic them you may get headache as you swing with your screen too much. Do soldier really fight like this in history?

4) Master Faction. I'm not sure about other region server. In East Asia server, Vlandia is the master Faction. It is so popular that you can see 34 (others) vs 59 (vlandia) players scenario. The numbers are not relative as you can often see 10-20 players higher in vlandia even in non peak such as 10 vs 30... Often you will feel like getting raped when spawned especially prominent vs this faction (another issue with spawning as well). Vlandia has got annoying amount of damage in every sense.

a) Voulgier can 1 hit with franceskas/voulge almost everyone.

b) Peasants (90 point?? why not empire is 100? and why khuzait rabble is 100 while weaker than Vlandia peasant) is cheap with high armor and good 2 Handed weapons. It caused balancing problem as this makes vlandia easier to get high rank units while their high rank unit is similar or even cheaper than other faction alternative.

c) Arbelist is so freaking cheap at 110??! this is not right at all while many faction is more expensive for their range option such as Empire Archer Militia which is every way weaker. Even more is Crossbow damage is high. They can also be effectively used in melee/point blank often. Kick a shield opponent then shoot (requires practice though). I rather face khuzait bowmen than these arbelist as they are so popular and due to vlandia's population, it is often a massacre.

d) Sharpshooter. Vlandia signature unit. Less a nuisance compare to arbelist due to cost(140). I still consider them cheap if you compare it to similar rank range unit. perhaps price them at 150/160? They have very good damage with high 1 shot capabilities if you're slightly wounded. Big Shields! and good sword. Compare it to Khan's guard (160) and Fian(160)? I do felt they have similar killing power and yet a good defense but at "20" cheaper price. Note that Fian has high damage but the bow's aim seems to be slow (they aren't really good at range dueling where you can hide and reload crossbow or fighting a fast bow so they are balanced by their speed)

Crossbows: why allow them to look around when reloading when the animation shows their head is down looking at the crossbow? Maybe add this restriction for the first part of reloading and they will be alot less OP as they won't be so aware of their surrounding.

e) Sergeant are as good as Empire Legionary. Shouldn't it be weaker? Vlandia got no weak unit?

5. Spawn location. Did developer make a mistake on this? Spawn in the middle of opponent maybe good for surprise attack but if you play a range character then is suicide. Even if you're melee it is often suicide as you spawn with few opponent around you while no allies on sight. Why not just spawn away from opponent team or in middle of your team. Makes no sense when opponent can teleport behind you after you've check few seconds ago and thought it is safe.

6) TDM scoring and $$ balance. Although there is increase of $$ if your team has less player but it is often or most of the case unable to out beat the opponent team on score. With even skills 2 peasant will not easily lose to a Cataphract, even worse when they can upgrade their weapons after killing opponent which further close their power gap from equipments. In many case if skill is even, numbers > quality. Often time it is hard to fight many with little even if you have superior quality. Games with much number difference (especially if >20% higher number of opponent) you will often see snowballing.

7) location detection. This is very prominent when you do a trust attack on horse while there is an ally/opponent moving in the same direction beside you. The character model will suddenly played a fast-foward like animation and moved further infront.

:cool: Rubberband or The Force. After the most recent e1.4.1 hot fixes as of today. I'm facing issue where my character model is suddenly pushed backward/side/front making it so hard to determine when to attack. it can moves few meters away.

9) Collision detection for weapons. There is something very absurd. Menavlion/long weapons can do so high/1 shot damage with range literally in your face. I don't get how these weapons can have their blade part can go through the ground and cut you (this won't happen if you swing at ground without opponent). I see people swinging at the ground when you stick yourself to their face and you get full damage from their pole hitting you.

10) Blocks. Honestly. I thought it was base on physics? But blocking by holding your weapon up on right fail to block opponents attack from left when they are standing on my left (I know we should block left but that is not logical). I'll illustrate.

X: character position
A/B: opponent.

Visually, opponent's right swing (the swing comes from left if they stand infront of you) from position A and B seems to clash/block their swing if you put your weapon up on the right. But the opposite is true in this game which is counter intuitive. You see the opponent's weapon goes through your weapon and hit you.

11.Quick weapons disappearance and bugged items. After this new patch. If you drop your weapon, you no longer can pick it back up and it will disappear. It happens randomly and quite often. Sometimes I tried to pick an item (not my eq) and there is no response at all even though they don't disappear.

12. Weapons don't attack. Rare but it did happen. My weapon just don't want to swing or shoot/Throw. I need to swap to something else and swap back to it to unbug.

Edit: I have to keep adding into the list as it starts to get annoying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom