Bannerlord MP is a disaster and garbage, Taleworlds MUST stop being stubborn and ignoring their own community

Are you agreeing with me?

• Yes

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • I cannot agree with everything (write in the comments below please)

Votes: 25 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 21.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

That peasant class thing has less to do with the class system itself but with the peasant classes not having the basic kit to survive on the battlefield though with the recent changes to the recruit suggest that that might change with future patches.
In Warband (mostly siege) I had the impression that not just extremely good players discarded armor but anyone who wanted to stick out. What I noticed and did far more often was that even extremely good players didn't pick heavy armor because it was incredebly expensive (If you wanted to wear the best armor consistently you had to get like 5+ K/D consistently), and got people to completely tryhard against you.
Its also heavy and makes you a massive target.

It's sad that every EA game seems to have a fresh new slew of suckers who defend the game as if it's gonna be so much better one day... News flash, they never fulfill their "final release" promises. If you have crap in EA you are gonna have slightly dressed up crap on release.
I just hope for the best with Bannerlord while keeping the expectations of others realistic. Some people have been around long enough to know that Taleworlds moves at their own beat and sooner or later gets it right. The smart ones accept that reality and offer constructive criticism.

Many get stuck in stage 3 (Anger) & stage 4 (Bargaining) of the 7 Stages of Grief and threads like this are created. These threads rarely do anything but commiserate frustration. I suggest accepting the reality that the game will improve over time (a long time even) and provide constructive criticism or move on.

Last edited:
I just hope for the best with Bannerlord while keeping the expectations of others realistic. Some people have been around long enough to know that Taleworlds moves at their own beat and sooner or later gets it right. The smart ones accept that reality and offer constructive criticism.

Many get stuck in stage 3 (Anger) & stage 4 (Bargaining) of the 7 Stages of Grief and threads like this are created. These threads rarely do anything but commiserate frustration. I suggest accepting the reality that the game will improve over time (a long time even) and provide constructive criticism or move on.
We will accept that the game will improve once they release custom servers.

My critisism isnt constructive enough, or I dont get what you wanna say? I dont want to accept the fact, that my favourite game franchise is dying, because developpers do everything wrong. That is why forums are existing, for criticism and suggestions. Maybe it will improve over time, but I havent seen any improvents in MP almost in one year of Early Access.

We will accept that the game will improve once they release custom servers.
Yeah! I'm looking forward to custom servers too.
There are 8 years to prove you wrong
I like smart discussions.
My critisism isnt constructive enough, or I dont get what you wanna say? I dont want to accept the fact, that my favourite game franchise is dying, because developpers do everything wrong. That is why forums are existing, for criticism and suggestions. Maybe it will improve over time, but I havent seen any improvents in MP almost in one year of Early Access.
You did provide points on how to positively improve the game. Constructive criticism is clear, to the point and easy to put into action and I think you did a decent job at that.. but claiming that developers do everything wrong is too general, unhelpful and ignores the reality of game development.

Here is an example of constructive criticism

The reality of game development is that adding features takes manpower, time and prioritization. Taleworlds has a moderate sized team of developers and their manpower seems to be prioritizing singleplayer and backend improvements for the time being. They are well aware of the missing features you listed and there isn't much we can do to speed up the process. Fortunately per the devs there is big multiplayer update supposedly in the works in the near future.

The devs put tons of time and effort into a game we love. I'd much rather see people support Taleworlds in their feats and praise their accomplishments so far while delving deep into the upcoming features/improvements they are excited for.

Last edited:
Class limits have finally trickled into the NA competitive scene and the rule has got to be one of the most craven and spiritless decisions I've encountered.

Yeah it's stupid. I don't know why we're giving competitive a go when we're forced to play around mental inhibitors preventing me from even trying cool **** with the new classes :lol:

You wouldn't be asking and pleading for constructive criticism when veteran warband players constructive criticism was completely avoided during beta and initial stages, I mean players from 10 years ago that wrote pages and pages of feedback that the devs chose to ignore, why the hell would anybody bother to give constructive criticism to a company that decides to avoid every conversation and don't even have the decency to answer back. The only thing the players can do is criticise and calling the game garbage is more than valid in my book, based obviously on how this company deals with it

TaleWorlds has already dug their grave for multiplayer: it is only matter of time when it decides to jump in.

I am very doubtful mods will be able to recreate the same fun Warband's multiplayer had, and even the singleplayer part. I think we just have to admit this game is and will remain an unfinished disappointment, made by people who think just because they made one cult game 10 years ago, they can do it again with a bunch of interns and almost no expert staff. In 2010, it was acceptable, but in 2020, it is not.

Of course, I would love it if the game would be finished, but ever since the EA launch, basically nothing major changed: it's all just minor changes with maybe one "pseudo-major" change.

The reality of game development is that adding features takes manpower, time and prioritization. Taleworlds has a moderate sized team of developers and their manpower seems to be prioritizing singleplayer and backend improvements for the time being. They are well aware of the missing features you listed and there isn't much we can do to speed up the process. Fortunately per the devs there is big multiplayer update supposedly in the works in the near future.

The devs put tons of time and effort into a game we love. I'd much rather see people support Taleworlds in their feats and praise their accomplishments so far while delving deep into the upcoming features/improvements they are excited for.
The reality is they went the wrong direction in MP, and, while it may have looked good on paper, it really sucked in game, and 95% of the beta players told them so. I will give them kudos for trying something new, but they should have accepted it wasn't going to work and perhaps the beta players had a point.

Stances and block delays seemed like a cool idea. This would allow good players to master timing, and definitely would make dueling between two 'masters' more interesting. But in actuality it was just annoying. Game play had to be slowed down so people would have a time to react and use stances, but even with the game as slow as molasses a regular player still can't fight their natural reactions in blocking and hitting. Plus it,s not often you are in a duel, usually you are fighting as a group and with swings coming from all directions you just can't calculate your position and stance to counter (well, some people can, but they are autists).

Flag system in siege seemed like a really good idea, saving the attackers from running so far and the defenders from having to wait out a timer. But it just led to frustration as the defenders would never know quite where they were needed, and once a section was captured you could not recapture it. Warband sieges were a lot more organic with pushes and counter-pushes, plus the defender cav could keep busy trying to stop attacker reinforcements while attacker cav defended their reinforcements. And honestly it's not so bad to have little breaks after your death.

As for the class system, I see no justification in it. I have no idea why they wanted to take all individuality from the game. Like, really guys, WTF?

The reality is they went the wrong direction in MP, and, while it may have looked good on paper, it really sucked in game, and 95% of the beta players told them so. I will give them kudos for trying something new, but they should have accepted it wasn't going to work and perhaps the beta players had a point.

Stances and block delays seemed like a cool idea. This would allow good players to master timing, and definitely would make dueling between two 'masters' more interesting. But in actuality it was just annoying. Game play had to be slowed down so people would have a time to react and use stances, but even with the game as slow as molasses a regular player still can't fight their natural reactions in blocking and hitting. Plus it,s not often you are in a duel, usually you are fighting as a group and with swings coming from all directions you just can't calculate your position and stance to counter (well, some people can, but they are autists).

Flag system in siege seemed like a really good idea, saving the attackers from running so far and the defenders from having to wait out a timer. But it just led to frustration as the defenders would never know quite where they were needed, and once a section was captured you could not recapture it. Warband sieges were a lot more organic with pushes and counter-pushes, plus the defender cav could keep busy trying to stop attacker reinforcements while attacker cav defended their reinforcements. And honestly it's not so bad to have little breaks after your death.

As for the class system, I see no justification in it. I have no idea why they wanted to take all individuality from the game. Like, really guys, WTF?

You echo a lot of similar sentiments shared among my friends. Regarding the last comment you made, there were so many ways they could streamline equipment selection to make it more casual friendly. Yet they didn't. And they still added stances.

Even if mods can save the game, a ton of players wont know about them, and Taleworld most likely wont advertise them, so they'll just continue thinking well Bannerlord multiplayer is garbage. Such a missed oppertunity.

Back
Top Bottom