Bannerlord MP is a disaster and garbage, Taleworlds MUST stop being stubborn and ignoring their own community

Are you agreeing with me?

• Yes

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • I cannot agree with everything (write in the comments below please)

Votes: 25 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 21.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It's fine for skirmish and captain, but it's completely garbage in all other gamemodes.
When the one-life battle game mode arrives (if it ever does), I imagine all Skirmish players will want to flock to that instead. Just like all the other game modes, a one-life game mode wouldn't work well with the current class system, since the current class system is literally founded on imbalance, with the amount of lives per round being used as the only counterweight to that deliberate class imbalance. Any semblance of balance that TW has attempted to create through this terrible balancing act completely falls apart when players are restricted to a single life per round.

They've been wasting their own and everyone else's time developing the class system around skirmish mode (and hilariously attempting to do it in tandem with balancing the same class system around captain mode.) This problem was pointed out by several people over a year ago by now, and TW is still going at it, stubborn as ever.

I'll just keep eating my popcorn while this game continues to be in development for the next 10 years because TW is still trying to figure out how to make a single, intentionally imbalanced class system work for all game modes.

When the one-life battle game mode arrives (if it ever does), I imagine all Skirmish players will want to flock to that instead. Just like all the other game modes, a one-life game mode wouldn't work well with the current class system, since the current class system is literally founded on imbalance, with the amount of lives per round being used as the only counterweight to that deliberate class imbalance. Any semblance of balance that TW has attempted to create through this terrible balancing act completely falls apart when players are restricted to a single life per round.

They've been wasting their own and everyone else's time developing the class system around skirmish mode (and hilariously attempting to do it in tandem with balancing the same class system around captain mode.) This problem was pointed out by several people over a year ago by now, and TW is still going at it, stubborn as ever.

I'll just keep eating my popcorn while this game continues to be in development for the next 10 years because TW is still trying to figure out how to make a single, intentionally imbalanced class system work for all game modes.
*game continues to die

Taleworlds MUST stop being stubborn and ignore their own community​

YOU CAN MAKE THIS GAME BETTER EVEN IF YOU STOP BEING STUBBORN AND LISTEN TO YOUR OWN COMMUNITY

Mixed messages there. I'm assuming you meant "ignoring" in the title. I actually have the opposite opinion. I think they ARE listening to the community and that's the problem. Most people are idiots who have zero clue what they are talking about and the developers spend way too much time basing all their fixes around a consensus of morons.

Most people tell them to just scrap multiplayer and work on singlplayer... and that's why they have an all but dead multiplayer that will probably never ever come back no matter how much they work on it later.

They don't actually get hands on and play the game to try and understand how it plays. They just use their stupid forums to try and figure out what most people in the community think they want.... but as I said most people in the community don't have a clue what they want or what would make the game better. Most people can't even recognize when the game is having a genuine issue.

Look how rare it is for people to talk about the siege tower AI anymore... and I bet you anything the devs probably don't even realize it's still broken. There are clear fundamental problems that have been there since launch that should have been immediately fixed but still exist because people want perks.... all the devs would have to do is sit down and play the game for a while to realize this.

I would have much preferred they actually made the mechanics of the game function properly before adding any perks at all. But don't say that in front of this community because they will just go "DUDE DA PERKS DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR DEY SO IMPORTANT DUH PERKS DUUUUUUUUUUUUUR"

Mixed messages there. I'm assuming you meant "ignoring" in the title. I actually have the opposite opinion. I think they ARE listening to the community and that's the problem. Most people are idiots who have zero clue what they are talking about and the developers spend way too much time basing all their fixes around a consensus of morons.

Most people tell them to just scrap multiplayer and work on singlplayer... and that's why they have an all but dead multiplayer that will probably never ever come back no matter how much they work on it later.

They don't actually get hands on and play the game to try and understand how it plays. They just use their stupid forums to try and figure out what most people in the community think they want.... but as I said most people in the community don't have a clue what they want or what would make the game better. Most people can't even recognize when the game is having a genuine issue.

Look how rare it is for people to talk about the siege tower AI anymore... and I bet you anything the devs probably don't even realize it's still broken. There are clear fundamental problems that have been there since launch that should have been immediately fixed but still exist because people want perks.... all the devs would have to do is sit down and play the game for a while to realize this.
If it is adressed to me, I have clue what is going on, I see multiplayer is broken, lacks of content and dying. And I know what am I complaining about. I dont see any roadmap, any really big plans to improve that multiplayer, just "increased bow velocity from 9 to 10" every patchnote. I really dont understand, why so many people voted for "No". So you want MP to be dead and you dont want all these awesome features, like private servers, custom maps, custom multiplayers, just dont get it.

If it is adressed to me, I have clue what is going on, I see multiplayer is broken, lacks of content and dying. And I know what am I complaining about. I dont see any roadmap, any really big plans to improve that multiplayer, just "increased bow velocity from 9 to 10" every patchnote. I really dont understand, why so many people voted for "No". So you want MP to be dead and you dont want all these awesome features, like private servers, custom maps, custom multiplayers, just dont get it.

No I'm saying that you are telling them to listen to the community when the community is telling them to forget about MP altogether. I think they have been listening to the community, which is why they haven't worked on MP.

Did you even read what I wrote, bro?

I wrote a whole 5 paragraph essay... go back and try to understand it before you make me write more.

No fu this. They had 9 years.
That is true, but I am tolerant to Taleworlds, if at least they had exact plans and roadmap for a year.

No I'm saying that you are telling them to listen to the community when the community is telling them to forget about MP altogether. I think they have been listening to the community, which is why they haven't worked on MP.

Did you even read what I wrote, bro?
Yes, I have read it. I dont see any post, where is something about "forget about that MP". If there is one post about that, its written by an idiot and it doesnt matter so much, calm down :smile:

Yes, I have read it. I dont see any post, where is something about "forget about that MP". If there is one post, written by an idiot it doesnt matter so much, calm down :smile:
Then you clearly don't pay attention to anyone's posts but your own. There are way more people telling them to "focus on SP" than telling them to fix MP. That's the problem. They need to ignore these idiots and realize that SP is already at least somewhat playable, so they need to work on MP or it's never going to get off the ground.

People were complaining and warning them about the class system ever since the alpha but they refused to change it.
So they are just stubborn -_-

Then you clearly don't pay attention to anyone's posts but your own. There are way more people telling them to "focus on SP" than telling them to fix MP. That's the problem. They need to ignore these idiots and realize that SP is already at least somewhat playable, so they need to work on MP or it's never going to get off the ground.
I have seen many posts, but maybe I wasnt so deep. I can agree with you, all elements should be ready before release

Is it worth mentioning that Bannerlord is still Early Access?
EA is almost 1yo. I see decent improvements in SP, but MP is still unplayable

EA is almost 1yo. I see decent improvements in SP, but MP is still unplayable
It's sad that every EA game seems to have a fresh new slew of suckers who defend the game as if it's gonna be so much better one day... News flash, they never fulfill their "final release" promises. If you have crap in EA you are gonna have slightly dressed up crap on release.

It's sad that every EA game seems to have a fresh new slew of suckers who defend the game as if it's gonna be so much better one day... News flash, they never fulfill their "final release" promises. If you have crap in EA you are gonna have slightly dressed up crap on release.
I am still waiting for the castles building mechanic, which was promised :LOL: But with updating of Engeneering perks, "build castles faster" disapeared from the description of the one perk. So I dont know, should I wait for it :sad: Agreeing with you.

I am still waiting for the castles building mechanic, which was promised :LOL: But with updating of Engeneering perks, "build castles faster" disapeared from the description of the one perk. So I dont know, should I wait for it :sad: Agreeing with you.
This is the problem with EA games, man. They promise the moon EVERY TIME. I miss the days of complete games. Early access has absolutely destroyed gaming and idiot kids think it's some sort of privilege to pay for broken games that will never be fixed. Back in the day beta testers did not pay for the game. You had to basically fill out an application and apply, and if you were selected they would send you all kinds of free stuff. Posters, t-shirts, toys, stickers, and of course free copies of the final game on release.

Back then they actually wanted people who could give reliable feedback, and there were even professional game testers. Now they realize they can just convince a bunch of new dumb kids who haven't yet learned the EA is a scam that it's some exciting great thing.

Hypothetically it can help dedicated developers with little money carry out a larger project than they otherwise could.... the problem is it also completely opens the market for making big promises, collecting a ****load of money, and then not keeping your promises because why tf would you when you already made the money you wanted to make.

I bet you anything taleworlds will move on to a DLC before they ever fix this game.

This is the problem with EA games, man. They promise the moon EVERY TIME. I miss the days of complete games. Early access has absolutely destroyed gaming and idiot kids think it's some sort of privilege to pay for broken games that will never be fixed. Back in the day beta testers did not pay for the game. You had to basically fill out an application and apply, and if you were selected they would send you all kinds of free stuff. Posters, t-shirts, toys, stickers, and of course free copies of the final game on release.

Back then they actually wanted people who could give reliable feedback, and there were even professional game testers. Now they realize they can just convince a bunch of new dumb kids who haven't yet learned the EA is a scam that it's some exciting great thing.

Hypothetically it can help dedicated developers with little money carry out a larger project than they otherwise could.... the problem is it also completely opens the market for making big promises, collecting a ****load of money, and then not keeping your promises because why tf would you when you already made the money you wanted to make.

I bet you anything taleworlds will move on to a DLC before they ever fix this game.
Yeah, I miss completed games too. But, tbh, Taleworlds were fair to us, dont buy EA if you want completed game. If youre playing MB since 2009 as me, you should remember very first MB. Before it was alpha, so that is not really new method of developping for TW.

That feature was completely scrapped, apparently they had problems to balance the AI around it and decided it was too complicated.

TW testing new features: Can a 5y old understand this just looking at it? if yes then implement else scrap :lol:

The class system punishes new and casual players. If you don't get kills, you get a peasant class that is even harder to get kills with. At least if you were no good in Warband you could get a big shield to turtle behind and focus on armour; and pick up a good weapon. Another trend in Warband was the extremely good players would use peasant gear just as a way to show off.

And @Aerational , since beta they did not listen to the community. They listened to what they wanted to hear. I know a lot of people that were in beta, and they all quit in frustration. Then they released the game, and MP died very quickly while SP was at least playable, so they looked at the stats and saw 95% of the players were playing SP. They assumed it was because people loved SP, but in actuality it was because people hated MP.

The class system punishes new and casual players. If you don't get kills, you get a peasant class that is even harder to get kills with. At least if you were no good in Warband you could get a big shield to turtle behind and focus on armour; and pick up a good weapon. Another trend in Warband was the extremely good players would use peasant gear just as a way to show off.
That peasant class thing has less to do with the class system itself but with the peasant classes not having the basic kit to survive on the battlefield though with the recent changes to the recruit suggest that that might change with future patches.
In Warband (mostly siege) I had the impression that not just extremely good players discarded armor but anyone who wanted to stick out. What I noticed and did far more often was that even extremely good players didn't pick heavy armor because it was incredebly expensive (If you wanted to wear the best armor consistently you had to get like 5+ K/D consistently), and got people to completely tryhard against you.

Back
Top Bottom