In Progress Scene Editor Bannerlord Modding Kit - Paint Layer Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
After latest update for bannerlord 1.53 and modding kit, my paint layer system is totally bugged. While everything is looking fine in editing mode; when testing, all texture layers are messed up. 2nd layer does not show at all, or if it shows it got blue weird visual artifacts instead (mostly if there are smooth-painted areas). Also tiling, alpha blending and texture color changes does not show at all for any of the textures/materials when testing in the editor.

PS. Already tried checking file integrity for bannerlord and modding toolkit, already reinstalled and already completely remade the whole map and still had same result at the end.

Thanks.

Computer Specs:
GPU: gtx 1660
GPU Driver Version: 432.00
CPU: i5 10400F
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: H410M
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 500gb SSD

Last edited:
Solution
We are aware of the issue. Hopefully the issue will be fixed in one of the next patches. Meanwhile, you can delete the "ShaderCache" folder inside the "YOUR_MODULE_NAME/SceneObj/YOUR_SCENE_NAME". Thanks for the report.
I can tell you this is a pretty common bug with the editor's test mode, though as long as it looks fine in the editor, the issues don't seem to persist in the base game. So while it's definitely an annoying bug, it shouldn't cause an issue with maps ingame if you import them for the campaign or for custom battle.

We are aware of the issue. Hopefully the issue will be fixed in one of the next patches. Meanwhile, you can delete the "ShaderCache" folder inside the "YOUR_MODULE_NAME/SceneObj/YOUR_SCENE_NAME". Thanks for the report.

Solution

Update: I dont have any extra module, using "native" as scene contest requested that. More importantly, deleting "ShaderCache" folder does nothing; while editor shows texture layers normally, when testing; layers are all messed up and still looks same as the video i uploaded on earlier post.

Hopefully the incoming fix is not only about the shadercache folder since the problem resides within somewhere else, at least in my case. If you guys need extra information/files etc. just let me know, i'll try my best to help fixing the problem if needed.

Last edited:
I also have a problem with paint layer.
When i set flora on a layer, it isn't added to the existing painted layer. It's added only if i paint using that layer.

Back
Top Bottom