Bannerlord Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlord map with data from the 2018 Gamescon footage. Some one might have some use for it.
It would be nice if Taleworlds gave different regions on the map different names or the lakes names.

Going to enjoy my Empire play-through! Wonder if I should get the senate to rule once more... RESTORE THE SENATE! SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

Wonder what imperial faction others will play and why?

Is it just me or does the northern empire look incredibly vulnerable? It's surrounded by enemies and its shape makes me think it should be easy to cut it in half.
Can't wait to test this hypothesis with the southern empire.

Oxtocoatl said:
Is it just me or does the northern empire look incredibly vulnerable? It's surrounded by enemies and its shape makes me think it should be easy to cut it in half.

Something else about the empire i find weird is that it is completely landlocked. that is a terrible geographical position for an empire.

Oxtocoatl said:

True, in the centre, south of the large lake, it looks that way. But that may well also be the heartland of the empire, where the strongest cities and fortifications are.

Hopseflop said:
Something else about the empire i find weird is that it is completely landlocked. that is a terrible geographical position for an empire.

It is already only the remains of the larger empire of earlier centuries, that ruled all the continent.

Still, it is peculiar that the empire should have lost all it's ports first. They are easier to supply and the motivation to defend them is strong. Rare is the empire that doesn't have a big port city somewhere.

Oxtocoatl said:
Still, it is peculiar that the empire should have lost all it's ports first. They are easier to supply and the motivation to defend them is strong. Rare is the empire that doesn't have a big port city somewhere.

Agreed I feel like the Western Empire should be controlling that little strip of land from Vlandia which borders the ocean.

Phalnax811 said:
I really hope there are visual borders (toggleable). I know it's been said before.

Disagree. Border disputes are a common reason why historically countries declare war on each other, which has extended all the way to WWII until modern mapping techniques and the Cold War ended these disputes. Having a modern map would make no sense and severely tone down the impact of border disputes if there is a map that says clearly whose land belongs to whose. Im basing these assumptions under the assumption that Satellites and computerized measurement tools don't exist in Calradia.

Attembourgh said:
Phalnax811 said:
I really hope there are visual borders (toggleable). I know it's been said before.

Disagree. Border disputes are a common reason why historically countries declare war on each other, which has extended all the way to WWII until modern mapping techniques and the Cold War ended these disputes. Having a modern map would make no sense and severely tone down the impact of border disputes if there is a map that says clearly whose land belongs to whose. Im basing these assumptions under the assumption that Satellites and computerized measurement tools don't exist in Calradia.
Absolutely true. Lots of borders on modern maps were meant to be drawn perfectly straight, but often maps simply were not good enough, sometimes they did not take curvature of earth into account etc, which is why many borders today are weird.

Oxtocoatl said:
True, but since they are important it also could be one of the first places invader wants to capture. And this is remnants of an empire, it could well be that they had to concentrate all their efforts and funding to their land forces, at expense of naval forces. If they have rich land, they may not need external supplies and trade as much. And because they are surrounded on all sides, they might not have been able to send reinforcements until it was too late. And remember that once Empire ruled entire continent - maybe parts of it revolted against the Empire, local garrisons joining the enemy and getting supplied from those ports.

Attembourgh said:
Phalnax811 said:

But in Warband, considering how game works there is borders. As long as they don't change the system which creates debateable lands. There is no need for the game to act like there is one.

They could at least spell the Kingdom of Satania correctly.
I do hope the whole overhead map is colored in faction colors, no silly green and brown terrain stuff. You also want to know when you are crossing a border and have goods to declare.

Ruler of Calradia said:
Oxtocoatl said:
True, but since they are important it also could be one of the first places invader wants to capture. And this is remnants of an empire, it could well be that they had to concentrate all their efforts and funding to their land forces, at expense of naval forces. If they have rich land, they may not need external supplies and trade as much. And because they are surrounded on all sides, they might not have been able to send reinforcements until it was too late. And remember that once Empire ruled entire continent - maybe parts of it revolted against the Empire, local garrisons joining the enemy and getting supplied from those ports.

The Vlandian blog tells us:

They came from overseas, mercenaries and adventurers, speaking the tongues of many lands, taking the empire's silver to guard the frontiers ... But the empire never had as much silver as it needed, and treasury officials soon learned that it could pay its mercenaries with land grants and titles. This was perhaps not the most far-sighted of policies. ... It was not difficult, during the recent interregnum, for Osrac Iron-arm to declare himself king, independent in all but name. He seized the imperial capital of Baravenos and the lands along the coast, and that was how the west was lost to the empire.

So it seems the empire gave away land under the assumption that it would still rule it as overlord of the new owners, but this policy backfired.

As to why they would lose coastal lands first, Baravenos (Pravend / Praven), apparently the largest coastal city, was taken by force at an opportune time (interregnum). Also, maritime travel and trade in early medieval times was mostly limited to waters near coast, which led to the high volume of sea trade in interior seas like the Mediterranean and the Baltic Sea. The waters along the Calradic coast don't seem to be an interior sea, so it is possible that the larger geography of the world (which we know as yet little of) makes trade along the coast not all that viable, and thus the coastal towns less valuable.

John C said:
The waters along the Calradic coast don't seem to be an interior sea, so it is possible that the larger geography of the world (which we know as yet little of) makes trade along the coast not all that viable, and thus the coastal towns less valuable.

Well if the people of Vlandia came from overseas, it does suggest the ocean could be an inland sea. even if you look at the map, only a small distance from the sea is visible. So there is certainly a possibility that it is an inland sea.

Yes, it could still be of course. We can't tell for sure, especially without any clear measure of the size of Calradia. It is, I think, sometimes called a continent, but it seems very small for that. It would be great if Taleworlds would at some point create a map of the entire (known) world that Calradia is part of.

Back
Top Bottom