Resolved Bannerlord Launcher Crashes, Bannerlord.exe Works With No Issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

jbake777

Recruit
So I am having a problem like many others before me have. The Bannerlord Launcher launches for 2-3 seconds then crashes. The Executables also didnt work, however, after reinstalling Battle-Eye, the executables work again. So I can launch the game and play no problem but if I ever want to install mods in the future I need the launcher to work. I have perused multiple different forum posts on this subject and tried many fixes. Here is what I have done so far...

• Uninstall and Reinstall the game
  • Verify the integrity of my files via Steam (Twice)
  • Reinstalled Battle-Eye (Fixed executables not Launcher)
  • Allowed Bannerlord in Windows Defender
  • Allowed Bannerlord Full Access on my Firewall
  • Attempted to run the Launcher in compatibility mode (Vista Service Pack 2)
  • Run the Launcher as Administrator.
  • Purge all XML files not native to the Game itself
  • Uninstalled all mods before I attempted to reinstall again
  • Update my GPU drivers
I also heard the Launcher has some issues with Nvidia GPUs? I don't know how that would interfere with a game launcher that takes literally no GPU usage to run but I digress. If any one else has any ideas how I can get this to work I would be grateful.

Hi! Have you tried a clean install?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.
Ah yes now I know what you mean. I have not done a clean install. I'll uninstall the game again and then go into my user folder this evening and clear out all my files and attempt a reinstall.

Nice Suggestion! I'll give an update when I try this.

Yes, please! Thanks in advance.
So just completed doing a clean install... Uninstalled the game... Deleted my files from my user folder in documents... Made sure nothing was left of bannerlord...

Reinstalled game and launched it annnmnnd the launcher still crashes after 2-3 seconds.

Any other suggestions?

Holy **** man ive been dealing with this too. This just randomly happened to me today and idk what to do. The exe also works for me but literally nothing else works and I dont like the exe because I cant use mods or multiplayer

Holy **** man ive been dealing with this too. This just randomly happened to me today and idk what to do. The exe also works for me but literally nothing else works and I dont like the exe because I cant use mods or multiplayer
I still haven't found a fix for it either and it seems like a big mystery.

Can you delete the contents of the folder below and try again?
"Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Data\Native"

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom