Bannerlord "Just accept what we give you and stop crying" vs Valheim Roadmap

Users who are viewing this thread

Full Valheim Roadmap and Planned Updates

In total, there are four planned and named content updates for Valheim coming at some point in the future, as detailed by PC Gamer. There is also a fifth rumored update detailed below. We will also update this roadmap as more information releases, so be sure to check back for more.

Hearth and Home (Coming Soon)​

Hearth and Home will add numerous food recipes for all things food preparation. Additionally, this update will improve and add more features to building structures in the game. Notably, Hearth and Home is the update that will come to the game, as it was teased recently in this steam post by developers at Iron Gate Studio.

Cult of the Wolf (Release Date Unknown)​

There is not much known about the second update, called Cult of the Wolf, besides that it will involve adding combat and exploration and new encounters. It also may add more content to either the Deep North or Mountain biomes.

Ships and the Sea (Release Date Unknown)​

Ships and the Sea is an update that will add ship customization and add more content to the ocean biome. However, it is unknown when exactly the update will arrive, so we will update this section when more info becomes available.

Mistlands (Release Date Unknown)​

The fourth update is called Mistlands, and it will add content and develop the mysterious biome called Mistlands. Along with this, we imagine some of the content that will get added will be new creatures, resources, and maybe a new boss for that area.

Potential Updates (If Odin Wills it)​

The following are all potential updates the developers listed on their roadmap on steam. The exact date when these updates will come out is unknown, but hopefully they will arrive at some point, as some of them sound very interesting and intriguing.
Valheim, a game made by 5 people with a barebones website already has a roadmap of what they want to do in the future in a game that only charges 20$ for it.

Bannerlord just slaps you in the face and says "here is a cool animation video anyways see you in the next 2 months where we will bring you a cool slideshow" please Taleworlds just make a roadmap or tell me this is all we can expect so I can finally die of dissapointment, call me toxic all you want I'm being f scammed here
While Valheim was good, me and my mates were done with it after 1 month.

Guess what game I always come back to in between games?

Oh I get the point, another thread taking a dig at TW.

It's a pretty weak one though. Look at Valheims road map...

Coming soon
Release Date Unknown
Release Date Unknown
Release Date Unknown
If Odin Will its

Yeah, super useful.
Yeah... you're not getting the point at all. No use arguing here.

Oh I get the point, another thread taking a dig at TW.

It's a pretty weak one though. Look at Valheims road map...

Coming soon
Release Date Unknown
Release Date Unknown
Release Date Unknown
If Odin Will its

Yeah, super useful.

Tale Worlds plans for the future of Bannerlord:

Valheim is a flavour of the month survival game with no core, just a handful of mishmashed features that sound cool, and ugly tasteless visual design. But since literally zero good games have come out since 2016, people are desperate for anything they can point to and say "look! Video games aint dead!" for a few weeks without much commitment because it costs £20.

The reason indie developers put out roadmaps is because it garners attention after the main release, not necessarily because they are actually working on more stuff. Prior to the age of digital distribution, roadmaps were all internal. Taleworlds probably has a roadmap, but theyre an archaic space turk corporation stuck in the early 2000s so they probably dont see why they should tell random people what theyre working on.

Valheim is a flavour of the month survival game with no core, just a handful of mishmashed features that sound cool, and ugly tasteless visual design. But since literally zero good games have come out since 2016, people are desperate for anything they can point to and say "look! Video games aint dead!" for a few weeks without much commitment because it costs £20.

The reason indie developers put out roadmaps is because it garners attention after the main release, not necessarily because they are actually working on more stuff. Prior to the age of digital distribution, roadmaps were all internal. Taleworlds probably has a roadmap, but theyre an archaic space turk corporation stuck in the early 2000s so they probably dont see why they should tell random people what theyre working on.
And why wouldnt they even follow their roadmap lol. I geniunly dont understand why people are coming here with their opinion on wether they think Valheim is good or not. I'm talking about expressing what their plan on the game is. Its not so hard to understand, for real. And there's no evidence to say that Irongate wont accomplish what they had put in their roadmap. Only time will, tell, if I'm proven wrong then I invite you to show me, in a year or so.

And there's no evidence to say that Irongate wont accomplish what they had put in their roadmap. Only time will, tell, if I'm proven wrong then I invite you to show me, in a year or so.
The reverse is also true: there is no evidence that they actually will. It is literally a marketing thing at this point, the same way gameplay trailers were back in the 90s and early 2000s. "We need to see a gameplay trailer!" "Wow! Look at their gameplay trailer!" "Man, this game is ****, it doesn't have a gameplay trailer..." Nowadays, enough people have been burned that a whole generation of gamers has come up expecting gameplay trailers to be hype-boosting bull**** but roadmaps are even less than that.

Your game had to at least function for a gameplay trailer to sizzle, after all.

The reverse is also true: there is no evidence that they actually will. It is literally a marketing thing at this point, the same way gameplay trailers were back in the 90s and early 2000s. "We need to see a gameplay trailer!" "Wow! Look at their gameplay trailer!" "Man, this game is ****, it doesn't have a gameplay trailer..." Nowadays, enough people have been burned that a whole generation of gamers has come up expecting gameplay trailers to be hype-boosting bull**** but roadmaps are even less than that.

Your game had to at least function for a gameplay trailer to sizzle, after all.
Uhm, the evidence is that they have said they will, and that the game is clearly working for them and there is no reason for them NOT to update it, since they have the resources to do it? Your point makes no sense

Uhm, the evidence is that they have said they will,
agnes.jpg

And why wouldnt they even follow their roadmap lol
Because implementing ideas are not as easy as coming up with them, and sometimes it gets hard enough that you have to cancel plans. This is partly why game dev roadmaps are internal. Developers have to cut their dreams all the time. Spreading such information to the public will only disappoint them when that cancellation happens, and for what? Just to make people feel good over the promises for a while? Why do you think this community is so pissed at Taleworlds? Because they talked too much.

First they announced Bannerlord too soon, leading to countless "Bannerlord when" outrage. Then they built up hype with dev blogs and all that. Then they failed to make dreams into reality (which is common), and people are pissed because their expectations are already so high. The early announcement makes it even worse since it makes people think it's been in development for 8 years.

I understand that creators are excited about their projects, but seriously, shut the **** up and work.

Edit: This is specifically for unofficial fan games, but it's still similar.

womanwinking.jpg
You're literally basing yourself on dumb acussations lmao, Bannerlord players are really braindead at this point, swallowing 60 hours of ng 10k denars into his town reservation and raising new recruits to attack another army to sell all the loot to attack another army to sell all the loot so he can make a bigger army to attack more armies to sell more loot to be in peace time to stay in a castle for 1 hour hoping his wife gets pregnant to wait until another war comes to attack another army to sell all the loot and then attack another army to sell all the loot and then defend his town and sell all the loot and then wait for a little bit while he sells all the loot and then attack another army and sell all the loot and then attack another army to sell all the loot to attack another army to sell all the loot to form another army and siege another town and sell all the loot and putting 10k denars into his town reservation and raising new recruits to attack another army to sell all the loot to attack another army to sell all the loot so he can make a bigger army to attack more armies to sell more loot to be in peace time to stay in a castle for 1 hour hoping his wife gets pregnant to wait until another war comes to attack another army to sell all the loot and then attack another army to sell all the loot and then defend his town and sell all the loot and then wait for a little bit while he sells all the loot and then attack another army and sell all the loot and then attack another army to sell all the loot to attack another army to sell all the loot to form another army and siege another town and sell all the loot and putting 10k denars into his town reservation and raising new recruits to attack another army to sell all the loot to attack another army to sell all the loot so he can make a bigger army to attack more armies to sell more loot to be in peace time to stay in a castle for 1 hour hoping his wife gets pregnant to wait until another war comes to attack another army to sell all the loot and then attack another army to sell all the loot and then defend his town and sell all the loot and then wait for a little bit while he sells all the loot and then attack another army and sell all the loot and then really be ****ing with your brain guys

While Valheim was good, me and my mates were done with it after 1 month.

Guess what game I always come back to in between games?
Kerbal Space Program, Rimworld or Skyrim, they are the most replayable games.
Or maybe it's a trick question and it's Hide the Sausage with your mates.

Because implementing ideas are not as easy as coming up with them, and sometimes it gets hard enough that you have to cancel plans. This is partly why game dev roadmaps are internal. Developers have to cut their dreams all the time. Spreading such information to the public will only disappoint them when that cancellation happens, and for what? Just to make people feel good over the promises for a while? Why do you think this community is so pissed at Taleworlds? Because they talked too much.

First they announced Bannerlord too soon, leading to countless "Bannerlord when" outrage. Then they built up hype with dev blogs and all that. Then they failed to make dreams into reality (which is common), and people are pissed because their expectations are already so high. The early announcement makes it even worse since it makes people think it's been in development for 8 years.

I understand that creators are excited about their projects, but seriously, shut the **** up and work.
Yeah "shut the **** up and work" makes sense when you already officially released your game and it wasnt good enough. But both Valheim and Bannerlord are EA games and they're selling their games based on what it will become, not what it is already, and if Taleworlds cant tell us what they plan to do, even approxemitely then they can ****ing refund my game so I can invest it in an actual EA that cares about making a complete experience unlike this mobile game replica, I literally cant expect anything from these people, but with Valheim I can at least see there's a road that aims to make the experience better, even if it doesnt ends up being what they've said by the book at least they had a road they were trying to approach and I could follow, its about honesty and what you plan to do. Again, if you take a look at the updates it seems like Taleworlds doesnt has a direction or a plan on when they're going and what they plan to update to make the game better. Its so hard to have a road that says "we will go and expand the dialogs, quests and character systems to make it feel complete and not bland as it is now" even if they end up doing something different from what they say about that, I will be satyisfied because they've at least informed they care about these important issues instead of kicking them behind the rug like they're doing now

are EA games
Which are the results of developers not knowing to shut the **** up.

Look at actual good, successful games like Dark Souls. Did they have early access? Did they release a roadmap? Did they ask for your ideas? No. They shut the **** up and worked. When they had a good finished chunk of the game they would talk about it a little bit on streams or whatever, and people would only be excited and not disappointed since they didn't promise (and cancelled) anything in the first place.

"But Grank, they need EA to raise money to continue the development."

You should've designed your scope based on your budget in the first place. Even so your scope might still be too big that you need to cut down on things, but again, that is why you should shut the **** up and not promise rainbow pigs before you know for sure you can handle it.

If you've been a creator or at least close to that world, you'll know that if someone is very excited about ideas (and talk a lot about it), there's a 99% chance that they're a newbie. Ain't a good sign.

Again, not the point of the thread
Oh so only you can **** post in you **** post topic? Nah, we all need a topic to **** in, sorry.
Then how can you say it is a Minecraft reskin?
but then, would that mean that Rust is the same? The Forest?
You can't make me play mine Minecraft. Nobody can make me play minecraft. You can't make me play edgy double zoomer minecrafts either.
It's all minecraft, you took the block pill, you're in too deep to see it.

You can't make me play mine Minecraft. Nobody can make me play minecraft. You can't make me play edgy double zoomer minecrafts either.
It's all minecraft, you took the block pill, you're in too deep to see it.
I don't want to make you play anything, I just want to know how you can think Valheim is a Minecraft clone if you never played Minecraft, that's all. ?

Back
Top Bottom