Bannerlord is mis-advertised by the devs on Steam (yes, even taking into account Early Access)

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, they are known for having bad PR... Doesn't surprise me, and I knew what I was signing for, in fact I've never even read Steam disclaimers, didn't need to...

Thing is, legally speaking, the OP is correct, no matter how Try-Hard White-Knighting you people do, it's false advertisement. There are no "subjective" interpretations of that, it's in fact unstable, for some more than others, but doesn't matter. Also the bugs are not in any way shape of form "obscure", they are in fact core gameplay issues, one of those being the missing perk functionalities, that's not obscure, it's quite blatant, talking about those perks I still can't get my head around as to why they've not fixed those yet, but then again, no matter.

So to sum up what I think, I'd say TW is in the wrong on this, that the game is actually playable (but unstable and really bugged), on the other hand those disclaimers exclude the "Beta" strain, if you are playing 1.3 beta, for instance, you are under a different disclaimer spectrum, and cannot, by any means, demand a refund... If that's the case, it's your own damn stupidity (OP). If not, if you're playing the main one, then you are correct to demand a refund, though I know you won't. So, TW has a nightmarish PR, proven time and time again since 2015, they also lie a lot in their own announcements, again really old news, been like that for almost a decade, that's why I find the whole try-hard white-knighting quite irritating, just stop that, let the guy complain, he's in his own right, and if we disagree we simply have to not ask for a refund, surprising? Shouldn't be...

Do you even know the definition of Whiteknighting? Because it ain't talking about, nor "defending" a game maker studio in the discussion of their game being in EA.

i played without MOD in the new e1.3.0 and this obscur bugg happen
when u post for a bugg they dont answer u and laugh in your face
do you already saw them interact with their player man? i never see them answered to a ****ing player in their own forum
and they ask us to help them to fix their game free with some crash rapport?
NO thx for me
they dont have the politness to inform you and writte u when u help them
then i just igniore them now like they do with all of us
they will fail or sucessful i dont care now
and if u say to me oh they can not answer to everybody in the forum
i go answer u 200 000 player have buy the game in 2week
pay you some guy for do the damn job at your place and managing your forum if u can not do it yourself
paye you some other guy to work on the game for help if u can not fix the game at the right time and correctly
but yesterday i started to play with some MOD because some MOD fix some problem than the conceptor of the game is ``UNABLE`` to fix actually!

Dude, they have replied several times to posters directly on this forum. Just because you haven't read it or taken part of the discussions doesn't mean they never happened. You say developers laugh in your face about bugs you report? Show it to me.

How do you fix "their game" for free by reporting a bug? Do you fix the bug? No, you simply report it. In order to make this game as good as possible as fast as possible, we need everyone willing and able to to report any and all bugs they come across - that's just how reality works. If that's too difficult for you to understand, I suggest you step back and re-visit this place in say a year or more time.

I hope you realize that most of the fixes mods do right now, will be fixed natively by the developers (conceptors). They are more than able to fix it. Thing is, they are working on the whole game. Certain things require prioritization.

friends, you must understand that we are basically testing the naked game, the skeleton, the structural bones of it. Of course it'll have problems and lack of content, still getting burned out by it is normal, I've gotten burned out by it countless times already, because the repetitiveness of it along with place-holder systems makes the game extremely annoying by mid-late, very late game is nearly unplayable due to Wack-A-Mole, and if you punch through it you'll get very annoyed by it.

Since I've decided not to keep restarting (lack patience for that), I've basically punched through everything and I've started to detach from the game and the playthrough, I just keep going when bored, then the game bores me and I try to do something else, like talking stupidity here in the forums.

I would give thorough feedback, suggestions, and issue reports if I had at least an idea of wtf they are doing there (what's planned, what's not, what's being worked upon, what isn't, what's that they are focused on changing, what they are not, basically some sort of undated roadmap), since I know **** about what they're doing over there, I've just came to realize that I was exerting myself for no reason, and when I get tired of it, I'll simply put it aside and play something else.

Just relax, enjoy the ride where it's possible (to me it's like 5 minutes out of 10 hours), and if you feel it's not fulfilling you can always step away and wait for it to be better soon™

It's obvious to me that for some unknown reason they don't want to share their plans for the game, neither give us a straight answer towards what in the game are pure place-holders and what isn't, idk, it's their choice. So, if they do not want proper help, I won't help, I'll simply leave shallow suggestions about things I believe to be needed in the game, but no more thorough reviews/feedbacks or reports, no matter. In fact I've just encountered a graphical glitch that I hadn't before, but I won't bother reporting it, why would I? haha

Just relax, enjoy the ride where it's possible (to me it's like 5 minutes out of 10 hours), and if you feel it's not fulfilling you can always step away and wait for it to be better soon™
Maybe. Indeed, "may be" because we have no guarentees, not even the slightest reassurance from devs. Uncertainty is what causes all this.

They charge full-price because they don't want people buying in cheap and then being let-down. They'd rather have those who are not fans willing to give feedback to wait for release.
Dude I swear I have been lurking on this forum for years and to this day every time I see your profile pic show up I have to laugh :lol:

Maybe. Indeed, "may be" because we have no guarentees, not even the slightest reassurance from devs. Uncertainty is what causes all this.
having been around for a while, I think you can count on the fact that at some point the game will be better, what you can't count is that it'll be fast/quick, their soon™ stretches by like 8 years long... Maybe in 2028

IN FACT THEY SHOULD ALLOW US TO ANSWER TO THE MAIN QUEST IN-GAME WITH SOON™ WHEN WE REACH 10 YEARS INSTEAD OF FAILING IT.

the 1.3 is nowhere near stable, I know it's beta but the CTD at loot sceen is happening so much i give up. I could go back to 1.2 but I think I will just wait.

Please define "stable" then. Believe it or not, in my 100 h of playing the game I've encountered a total of zero crashes and one potentially savebreaking problem (I think I could've fixed it with cheats, but I had another save literally two minutes away so I didn't have to bother).

FPS is funny sometimes, but then, I've got a pretty old rig (decent for its own time, though). And it isn't even bordering unplayable levels, even with the rig in mind.

As for patches breaking the game - that's beta for you. You have been deliberately warned that unless you want to potentially sacrifice your save for the greater good, you're better off waiting for that particular patch to pass beta and hit release. Can't blame TW for an optional unstable version being unstable, ya know. They've been verbose enough to make an informed decision on versions.

As for the price - you're paying to get "the game" one day and to play it in unfinished state now. The fact that it is unfinished isn't basis for refund when it has a giant "unfinished" (EA) label and the store page warns you to refrain from purchasing if you want a complete experience. This is legit one of the most ethically sound EA entries that I've seen.

And selling the game for two bucks in its current state will result in you getting the complete game for these same two bucks, effectively making TW sell at a loss, so I don't get what the price point is about.
Same here 95h on mediocre machine and i had a total of 0 crashes when i wasn't messing around with mods and using stable versions

friends, you must understand that we are basically testing the naked game, the skeleton, the structural bones of it. Of course it'll have problems and lack of content, still getting burned out by it is normal, I've gotten burned out by it countless times already, because the repetitiveness of it along with place-holder systems makes the game extremely annoying by mid-late, very late game is nearly unplayable due to Wack-A-Mole, and if you punch through it you'll get very annoyed by it.

Since I've decided not to keep restarting (lack patience for that), I've basically punched through everything and I've started to detach from the game and the playthrough, I just keep going when bored, then the game bores me and I try to do something else, like talking stupidity here in the forums.

I would give thorough feedback, suggestions, and issue reports if I had at least an idea of wtf they are doing there (what's planned, what's not, what's being worked upon, what isn't, what's that they are focused on changing, what they are not, basically some sort of undated roadmap), since I know **** about what they're doing over there, I've just came to realize that I was exerting myself for no reason, and when I get tired of it, I'll simply put it aside and play something else.

It's obvious to me that for some unknown reason they don't want to share their plans for the game, neither give us a straight answer towards what in the game are pure place-holders and what isn't, idk, it's their choice. So, if they do not want proper help, I won't help, I'll simply leave shallow suggestions about things I believe to be needed in the game, but no more thorough reviews/feedbacks or reports, no matter. In fact I've just encountered a graphical glitch that I hadn't before, but I won't bother reporting it, why would I? haha
I can see exactly why they wouldn't share their future plans by taking one single look at the posts in the last 3 days, after a year of early access in which a lot of things will change people would expect everything exactly like it was stated 1 year before in the roadmap, queue endless crying, feelings of being cheated and a flood of pointless posts by people who don't understand that game development isn't set on rails.

I can see exactly why they wouldn't share their future plans by taking one single look at the posts in the last 3 days, after a year of early access in which a lot of things will change people would expect everything exactly like it was stated 1 year before in the roadmap, queue endless crying, feelings of being cheated and a flood of pointless posts by people who don't understand that game development isn't set on rails.

I agree, and I like your name. It's a shame though. You should at least love what you do, right? (Depressin ho)

Those people are going to do exactly that anyway. Sharing a roadmap would allow those of us who have functioning brain cells to better report bugs and help improve the game. I am with @xdj1nn on this one, his post seems pretty spot on.

You are a fool. Begone and rid us of your presence and come back later when the game is finished, do us all a favor including yourself.

That was uncalled for, and honestly not much better than the people raging incoherently at the devs.

Those people are going to do exactly that anyway. Sharing a roadmap would allow those of us who have functioning brain cells to better report bugs and help improve the game. I am with @xdj1nn on this one, his post seems pretty spot on.

That was uncalled for, and honestly not much better than the people raging incoherently at the devs.

It would do nothing more than lead to more *****ing than already happens. A roadmap has absolutely zero impact on your ability to "report bugs and help improve the game." Either you and your "functioning brain cells" are capable of handling such a difficult task, or you aren't.

Bannerlord unstable? i have almost 200 hours and have had 2 crashes and 2 gamebreaking bugs, all within the first week of the game coming out and yes i have been in the soooo unstable beta branches... have you considered that maybe Theres something wrong with your computer or maybe you added mods or something?

It would do nothing more than lead to more *****ing than already happens. A roadmap has absolutely zero impact on your ability to "report bugs and help improve the game." Either you and your "functioning brain cells" are capable of handling such a difficult task, or you aren't.

There were countless threads about the perks not working, which was fairly useless given that Callum had already posted that the perks are being reworked. Had he done so in a stickied thread people would not have wasted time with that.

Also, dude. Chill. I am not your personal enemy. We all want this game to do well.

Bannerlord unstable? i have almost 200 hours and have had 2 crashes and 2 gamebreaking bugs, all within the first week of the game coming out and yes i have been in the soooo unstable beta branches... have you considered that maybe Theres something wrong with your computer or maybe you added mods or something?

I agree. Bannerlord may become dull after you accomplished certain things mostly because of features yet to be implemented but for me it only crashed one time in a very early version. Clearly dullness will decrease over time as they add planned features which underlines EA situation that I was very well aware when I was buying the game.

Most people act like as this is the only game they bought in their lives and never confronted with any EA games. I assure you there are lots of cases where only early access take place without any game.

Edit: Hell, even some completed games have many major problems more than this. If there are any X4 players out there, they can understand this. One should also substract the reports due to wrong use of mods, insufficient hardware and just being incompetent. Not meant there aren't lots of gameplay holes to be covered or some legit bugs but when you see this forum you would expect they gave the people Paint.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom