Bannerlord is mis-advertised by the devs on Steam (yes, even taking into account Early Access)

Users who are viewing this thread

I was also expecting more from this game, but the way I see threads like this one are completely pointless and only serve to spread negativity and start fights within the community. If OP really feels this strongly about the issue they should just go ahead and sue Taleworlds. I don't what is the point of coming here to make yet another inflammatory thread, it's not like they don't know that people are unhappy. And it's not like they aren't working around the clock to try and fix things.

I would also like to reinforce the point that anyone who is using mods and/or using old saves with new patches has to no ground to complain about any crash they get, especially in the beta line. People pushing for save game compatibility are only slowing the development down, and I don't even understand why TW is trying to cater to them.
I think it's good, the more noise is made the greater the chances of TW actually fixing their PR, which has been a problem for almost 10 years, and I'm not kidding you...

I'm also always making noise, but I never leave or go full hostile on them, but every single time I see their dumb PR moves, I just lash out too, it's quite irritating, if I wasn't a fan it wouldn't bother me, though

I think it's good, the more noise is made the greater the chances of TW actually fixing their PR, which has been a problem for almost 10 years, and I'm not kidding you...

I'm also always making noise, but I never leave or go full hostile on them, but every single time I see their dumb PR moves, I just lash out too, it's quite irritating, if I wasn't a fan it wouldn't bother me, though

Eh, if they haven't figured it out in ten years I doubt this will help. Imo all peple are doing is getting on each other's nerves :lol: . But yeah I hear you, it is annoying for sure.

I can make a bet all of those were features. You simply didn't know anything about them, and then proceeded to blame the game about it.
i played without MOD in the new e1.3.0 and this obscur bugg happen
when u post for a bugg they dont answer u and laugh in your face
do you already saw them interact with their player man? i never see them answered to a ****ing player in their own forum
and they ask us to help them to fix their game free with some crash rapport?
NO thx for me
they dont have the politness to inform you and writte u when u help them
then i just igniore them now like they do with all of us
they will fail or sucessful i dont care now
and if u say to me oh they can not answer to everybody in the forum
i go answer u 200 000 player have buy the game in 2week
pay you some guy for do the damn job at your place and managing your forum if u can not do it yourself
paye you some other guy to work on the game for help if u can not fix the game at the right time and correctly
but yesterday i started to play with some MOD because some MOD fix some problem than the conceptor of the game is ``UNABLE`` to fix actually!

Last edited:
We all know it's "Early Access", but at the moment, TW are not living up to their own advertised blurb on the Steam page of a: "stable experience where you may encounter obscure bugs". https://store.steampowered.com/app/261550/Mount__Blade_II_Bannerlord/

So lets analyze this statement... "very much stable and playable and players can expect to run into obscure bugs"? That is blatant mis-advertisement. This game suffers from MANY obvious bugs that affect core gameplay. Many features are also broken or missing and crashes are frequent for many people. The most recent patch also broke the game for many people.

This mis-advertisement of the game opens them up to potential legal issues and would certainly justify refund requests after the usual Steam period has expired. Even if a game is sold as "Early Access", to charge pretty much a full price for a game in this state, knowing that many people will buy it regardless as they are die-hard Warband fans and also because many reviewers and Youtubers re hyping it to hell and back, is in my view cynical and bordering on unethical.

For the record, I do like this game and am excited at the potential of it... but I will wait for a few more big patches before investing more time into it due to the very rough state it is in.

If you don't use the Beta branch than it is stable. I have only ever crashed 2 times on the non-beta branch in 122 hours and the most game-breaking bug I've seen is the attacking siege AI not knowing how to get up siege towers.

do you already saw them interact with their player man? i never see them answered to a ****ing player in their own forum
NO thx for me
pay you some guy for do the damn job at your place and managing your forum if u can not do it yourself
paye you some other guy to work on the game for help if u can not fix the game at the right time and correctly
but yesterday i started to play with some MOD because some MOD fix some problem than the conceptor of the game is ``UNABLE`` to fix actually!

Bunch of nonsense, all of it.

Inappropriate behavior
Why Early Access?
“Early access is something that we are very familiar with: our first title, Mount & Blade, helped to pioneer this method of release back in 2005. By working alongside our community we were able to deliver a unique gaming experience that players still enjoy to this day. These past experiences have taught us that it is vital to bring players in to help us iron out any issues and refine the game by utilizing feedback to bring it to the level that both our community and we expect.

We are hoping to run a productive and efficient early access for M&B Bannerlord as well. However, due to the nature and scale of game that we have envisioned, there may be various problems or missing features and content during the course of early access. Here are a few aspects you may need to know:

Unique Maps for Towns, Castles and Village: Although we plan to create unique maps for every town and castle in the game, it is a rather arduous process to create that many well designed maps and as such, different locations may share the same map during early access.

Quest Content: A portion of planned quests may be missing entirely, and those in the game may be using placeholder maps, animations, etc.

Balancing: Various aspects of the game may be poorly balanced. Parts of the game may be too easy or too hard.

Voice overs: Since the game uses a lot of dynamic text and hundreds of NPCs, we are planning to record voice-overs for only a limited subset of the dialog (greetings, companion introductions and main quest). Some of these planned voice overs may be missing or using placeholder versions during EA.

Savegames: We will strive to keep savegame compatibility during EA, however it may be technically infeasible to provide 100% backward compatibility in savegames and you may occasionally have to start a new game after updating to a new version.

Bugs and glitches: Although we strive to create a stable game experience, the game will be actively developed during early access and hence there will be a greater chance of bugs and glitches creeping up. It will of course be a priority to fix these.

Localization: Our current plan is to localize the game into the following languages: French, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish (Latin American) and Turkish. Other languages may be added later. During EA, localizations for these languages may be missing entirely or may be incomplete.

Multiplayer modes and features: The game currently supports several popular multiplayer modes, but we are planning to add more modes and features, possibly including ranked matchmaking.

Singleplayer Features: Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management.

Developing M&B Bannerlord has been, and continues to be a fabulous experience for us, and we are excited to be walking the final phase of this journey together with our players. Of course, you may prefer to wait a little bit longer and hold off until the final, finished product. In this case, please consider adding the game to your wishlist and you’ll receive an email when we release the full version.”Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages.

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“In terms of content, the early access version of the game contains all of the main staples of the Mount & Blade experience, with a host of content that is new to the series. Players can create their own character using the game’s character creation system; explore the continent of Calradia; gather their own warband of troops; command and fight alongside their troops in large scale battles using the game’s extensive command system and intuitive skill-based directional combat system; raid settlements; lay siege to and capture enemy towns and castles; trade items and goods using the game’s deep economy system; engage in politics and diplomacy; manage their own clan; upgrade and manage settlements; gather armies and wage war; and much, much more... all in a vast singleplayer sandbox setting where no two playthroughs are the same. The early access version also includes fully supported multiplayer game modes for players to test their combat skills and tactical prowess against players from all over the world.”Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“There is no plan to change pricing after early access.”How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We intend to use a range of different methods to gather player feedback and data throughout the early access period. These include engaging with users directly on our official forum and our Steam forum, requesting specific feedback through questionnaires, hosting and participating in multiplayer events alongside our community, and using analytics tools to gather data.
You use their words in a way that suits you, not as in what they actually advertised.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got crashes on day 1 and 2, now I pretty much never have crashes or bugs. Even when i do get a bug, its rare and not easy to reproduce at least for me. I think you could comfortably call the game stable, but definitely not finished.

I think for some people the crashes may be worse, I think it may have to do with specific graphics cards or set ups.

NO thx for me

They do answer though. Go look through mexxico's posts and you will see that he (or she, what do I know) is actually quite active on the forum. You can't possibly expect them to answer on every thread.

You sound like you need to take a break and come back, you are getting way too worked out about this. Relax man, it's just a game.

I would say that the blurb has been very accurate for my personal experience. To date i've only encountered a few bugs (only a couple that were gamebreaking enough to require a restart) and only a handful of crashes. Not trying to downplay anyone else's problems, just saying it's not everyone.

Bugs and glitches: Although we strive to create a stable game experience, the game will be actively developed during early access and hence there will be a greater chance of bugs and glitches creeping up. It will of course be a priority to fix these.

if you really think its false advertisement you should sue them tho, steam too they are responsible also

At this point, id take my money back. I've allready switched to playing other games. Perhaps ill come back in two years once mods have had a chance to mature. But do feel i have been defrauded? Yes i do. If i knew, litterally, almost all features werent working i wouldnt have paid full price.

I disagree with you OP. Early access simply isn't for most people. For me this game has already given me back what I paid for, and it will only get better.

The only mistake they made was announcing the game 8 years ago. That's it. Almost every other complains I see are just constructed from nothing but personal perceptive that's neither here nor there. For example: the "this game has been in development for 8 years!!" complain. I seriously don't understand what is the leverage that statement is supposed to have. It would make sense if at least one of these scenarios applies:

- It was a kickstarter project. You gave them money 8 years ago, and ended up waiting for a long time. Was this a kickstarter game? I can understand why Star Citizen backers angry waiting, but not this.
- This wasn't a game but something that provide you with aspiration for closure. If the police takes 8 years to find the murder of your father, you can complain.
- This wasn't a game, but a critical tool to address life crisis. Like if it take 8 years to develop COVID-19 virus, you can complain.

But none of that applied here. The way people complain about the 8 years sometime made me think TW hold their money hostage for all those years, or as if they had to make some crucify scarify to wait 8 years like i.e "I will stay a virgin until I can play this game".

In a vacumn, that 8 years mean nothing to us player because have zero skate in it, just like there were zero obligation. Imagine if TW had went bankrupt and stop developing the game altogether in those 8 years, that would be it any you wouldn't even able to call them liar or scammer.

Now the game is in early access, and you do have to pay money. I guess now you can have some legit reason to complain when you're not happy about something, but using the "8 years" argument is not one of them. And frankly I hope people don't lose their sanity themselves, since evidently a lot of people have no idea what it involves seeing they're already lose their patient barely just a month into it.

As someone who generally play a lot of early access tittle, let me tell you something:

- Most early access is a long process where the frustration and excitement often come in equal measure.
- There will be period of bustling activities, and there will be lull where nothing happens for weeks/months.

And let me re-emphasize: it's a long process. I'm still in Early Access for some game after 2-3 years. If people are like this just one month in, I'm afriad by the time this game is finished a lot will need to see a psychiatrist for counseling.

Oh man .... is this stupid thread still in existance?

really?

It's just yet another toxic flame thread and completely pointless rant against TW.

Please let's just have it locked.

The only mistake they made was announcing the game 8 years ago. That's it. Almost every other complains I see are just constructed from nothing but personal perceptive that's neither here nor there. For example: the "this game has been in development for 8 years!!" complain. I seriously don't understand what is the leverage that statement is supposed to have. It would make sense if at least one of these scenarios applies:

- It was a kickstarter project. You gave them money 8 years ago, and ended up waiting for a long time. Was this a kickstarter game? I can understand why Star Citizen backers angry waiting, but not this.
- This wasn't a game but something that provide you with aspiration for closure. If the police takes 8 years to find the murder of your father, you can complain.
- This wasn't a game, but a critical tool to address life crisis. Like if it take 8 years to develop COVID-19 virus, you can complain.

But none of that applied here. The way people complain about the 8 years sometime made me think TW hold their money hostage for all those years, or as if they had to make some crucify scarify to wait 8 years like i.e "I will stay a virgin until I can play this game".

In a vacumn, that 8 years mean nothing to us player because have zero skate in it, just like there were zero obligation. Imagine if TW had went bankrupt and stop developing the game altogether in those 8 years, that would be it any you wouldn't even able to call them liar or scammer.

Now the game is in early access, and you do have to pay money. I guess now you can have some legit reason to complain when you're not happy about something, but using the "8 years" argument is not one of them. And frankly I hope people don't lose their sanity themselves, since evidently a lot of people have no idea what it involves seeing they're already lose their patient barely just a month into it.

As someone who generally play a lot of early access tittle, let me tell you something:

- Most early access is a long process where the frustration and excitement often come in equal measure.
- There will be period of bustling activities, and there will be lull where nothing happens for weeks/months.

And let me re-emphasize: it's a long process. I'm still in Early Access for some game after 2-3 years. If people are like this just one month in, I'm afriad by the time this game is finished a lot will need to see a psychiatrist for counseling.

Man I wish people were able to muster about 25% of the common sense that you are showing in this post :smile:.

[redacted] but I will wait for a few more big patches before investing more time into it due to the very rough state it is in.

Then you bought it for the wrong reason, and that's entirely your fault. You bought the game just to play it early, and that's not what the EA purpose is. It's for testing, balancing AND bughunting. By stepping back you just hurt yourself, by not helping the devs with precious data they could use to speed up the debugging process

But that's only my 2 cents, not necessarily true

When I heard they were going to publish an EA I could not believe, but as I respected TW big time, I was skeptical, but hoped for the best having a certain level of expectations..
Turns out they are going the Bethesda way AND, like Bethesda, they are backed up by flocks of fans who will blindly buy and defend anything thrown at them.

I am not saying I was cheated, I say that TW behaved in an extremely unprofessional way, maybe your quality and professionalism standards are much lower then mine, but I gave them good money and they did not deliver and "EA" with just "obscure bugs" to find...they delivered a broken skeleton of a game and this is a smack in the face to the old timers.

The game isn't finished? How have they delivered anything then? Also, Mount and Blade was put out in EA first, and it came out great in the end, same with quite a decent bunch of other games. What did you honestly expect when you read through the EA "read this before you buy"-piece? More than this? Get real.

So your benchmark for a game being "very much stable and playable with only obscure bugs" is simply being able to launch it or play it for 30 minutes without crashing? Thanks for your contribution to the world of common sense.

If they say it is very much stable and playable and you may encounter "obscure bugs"... and this is not the reality for many people... then yes, objectively speaking, that is mis-advertising by definition. It's no different in principle to selling a car as: "runs perfectly fine but you may run into some minor electrical issues" and then having the motor cut out every 50 miles.

I already linked and quoted the important part about "very much stable and playable with only obscure bugs"... the quote you linked about "not complete" is irrelevant to the statement I directly quoted.

Wow, you worked in... retail? Impressive.

Ahh yes of course... the blame is of course on the consumer and their own ignorance. Gotta love white knighting.

No-one expects it to be complete. It's obvious that it is not complete.

This is basically the accurate summary of the situation from a mature adult able to look at a franchise he loves objectively and with common sense.

You don't seem very mature, adult nor objective in any way.

No that is not my benchmark.

I judge each game release on its individual merits, because they're all different with different strengths and weaknesses. I guess, if I do have an 'EA benchmark' as you say, then it's just to ask "is it playable? does it run ok for me? and is it fun so far?"

For me, Bannerlord stands up relatively well to those simple questions right now.

I was just pointing out that Bannerlord, by comparison to many games, is quite a smooth early access experience.

Anyway, you're clearly getting defensive , choosing to be sarcastic to people who were sincere to you... and starting to go 'ad hominem' on folk. Being that this is a busy internet forum, trust me, that won't end well for you. In any case, I never allow myself to sink down and do the same. But I will just say that, actually, you're starting to make yourself look silly - So, I'll just happily chuckle... and let you get on with doing that. However, you'd do well to remember that your idea of 'common sense' is not necessarily the definitive one. (Plenty of people, even just here in this thread, seem to think that you're sense is anything but common ?).

Good luck, son.

Right on.

Back
Top Bottom