Bannerlord is mis-advertised by the devs on Steam (yes, even taking into account Early Access)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have experienced crashes and many bugs. I'm kinda used to it these days... literally every "new" game has them. I wouldn't say it is false advertisement, like if they said the game is 100% perfect and has 0 problems... then that would be false advertisement.

The first mount & blade game, before it came to steam and world renown had a few bugs in it, and later on so did Warband. They all got fixed eventually and the games became fine. Thankfully, Taleworlds is not Bethesda, releasing the same game nearly a decade later, still suffering from game-breaking bugs and crashes lolz

Be patient... and don't forget their is a giant world-consuming plague outside of your house... you might want to pay attention to that, rather than a game that just released a little while ago.
Cool story. They advertise:
While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs
If you believe this to be true you should play a bit more. I dont count daily crashes during vanilla core content to be 'obscure' no matter how you define it.

How TW is performing is opinion because they tell us almost nothing, those defending the game are becoming an annoying minority. Disagree if you want, but either debate your point or piss off and let people complain. They have bought a mis-advertised product, in many countries that's illegal and they have a right to complain.

Cool story. They advertise:

If you believe this to be true you should play a bit more. I dont count daily crashes during vanilla core content to be 'obscure' no matter how you define it.

How TW is performing is opinion because they tell us almost nothing, those defending the game are becoming an annoying minority. Disagree if you want, but either debate your point or piss off and let people complain. They have bought a mis-advertised product, in many countries that's illegal and they have a right to complain.
Daily crashes? must be something wrong with your rig... i had 3 crashes total, all in the first week.

any one with half a brain can see we are being/have been exploited.
That's probably true. Someone with only half a brain might think we've been exploited. However, someone with a whole brain would most likely understand that they aren't going to wreck their only IP by cutting and running, especially not after spending so many resources developing a new engine.

That's probably true. Someone with only half a brain might think we've been exploited. However, someone with a whole brain would most likely understand that they aren't going to wreck their only IP by cutting and running, especially not after spending so many resources developing a new engine.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Has everyone forgotten that the OG Mount and Blade was released in an Early Access format 3-4 YEARS before it was released in its final version? Because they had never made a game before, they released it on a rolling payscale

No, lots of us - me included - were there, then. The thing is, they never lied about what "OG M&B" was, or the state it was in, nor did they charge AAA price for it on day one. Contrast with Bannerlord which is grossly misrepresented, way overpriced and at this point hasn't had a update in nearly a month, despite being only a few months into the EA process. How anyone can be satisfied, let alone actively defend this is beyond me. Must be some sort of Stockholm Syndrome/Sunk Cost Fallacy combination.

No, lots of us - me included - were there, then. The thing is, they never lied about what "OG M&B" was, or the state it was in, nor did they charge AAA price for it on day one. Contrast with Bannerlord which is grossly misrepresented, way overpriced and at this point hasn't had a update in nearly a month, despite being only a few months into the EA process. How anyone can be satisfied, let alone actively defend this is beyond me. Must be some sort of Stockholm Syndrome/Sunk Cost Fallacy combination.

I agree with you.

I will never understand how you can even compare the situation of the original Warband and Bannerlord release.

You won´t compare the next Call of Duty (or whatever game) with the first of it´s series or will you?

Mate if you had another brain cell it would be lonely.

Not like any other big name games are out there which have completely flopped after a bad EA/beta launch, and largely tanked the brand with it.:facepalm:

Not like any other big name games are out there which have completely flopped after a bad EA/beta launch, and largely tanked the brand with it.
I mean, you understand there's a difference between a game flopping and a company intentionally exploiting its consumer base, right?

Anyway, calling this game a flop is a stretch in my opinion, but obviously you see it differently.

Last edited:
don't expect mindblowing features from taleworlds. The best that can happen for the game is a stable version with strong modding tool.

You know, warband without mod is not that great.

don't expect mindblowing features from taleworlds. The best that can happen for the game is a stable version with strong modding tool.

You know, warband without mod is not that great.

I beg to differ, I played Warband allmost exclusively without mods. The DLC's made it an absolutely enjoyable experience for me.

Last edited:
I beg to differ, I played Warband allmost exclusively without mods. The DLC's made it an absolutely enjoyable experience for me.
Same, I have never really used mods on any game until recently (Skyrim and now Bannerlord). Warband and VC were excellent without mods, really enjoyable and I played over 900 hours. Bannerlord without mods is very stale at this point. I use a plethora of mods just to make the game enjoyable.

Same, I have never really used mods on any game until recently (Skyrim and now Bannerlord). Warband and VC were excellent without mods, really enjoyable and I played over 900 hours. Bannerlord without mods is very stale at this point. I use a plethora of mods just to make the game enjoyable.

VC had so many bugs and wasn't finished at all amd I still played and enjoyed it for hundreds of hours! How was it so much better than Bannerlord is now?

Hi,
just my 2 cent: I do feel screwed by TW beyond healing. The game is running stable on my rig and the start was fun. But it was soon obvious that there is too much content lacking compared to Warband and/or the advertised features of Bannerlord.
Why are the same PR guys, that tricked us into blieving EA would be a great experience, not monitoring and maintaining this very forum?
It is the lack of communication that drives me mad. Even a laughing emoji with a raised middle finger and the message "we are up and away with Your money" would be better than this.
I backed quite some games on Kickstarter and bought several EA titles. So far only "Kingdom Come Deliverance" lived up to my expectations.
Maybe TW prooves that EarlyAccess is not the way to go in future. For me they did.

I wish for all of us, that at some point we will receive a finsihed game, that is worth playing.

Good luck.

VC had so many bugs and wasn't finished at all amd I still played and enjoyed it for hundreds of hours! How was it so much better than Bannerlord is now?
I loved VC as well. I have also played Bannerlord for 100s of hours (way too much already) however I think the Vanilla game falls short.

VC was much more developed in the following areas:

Battle AI and Formations:
Formations were effective and you could micromanage your troops movement, specifically in Shield Wall formations
( I liked the Shield Wall + Advance 10 paces combo )
Troops did not get stuck on ladders/siege towers and would siege in an effective manner
Diplomacy/Lord Relationship
You had a myriad of opportunity to increase relationships with lords, to include quests, fighting together etc.
Feasts were common where you could meet ladies
Quest Development
The main quest was excellent and there were side quests that were also enjoyable.
Kingdom Management
You had many more options in Kingdom Management - Taxes, etc
Lords would show up to your Court wanting to join up
When a Lord joined your Kingdom, they very rarely left unless you kicked them out

Last edited:
I loved VC as well. I have also played Bannerlord for 100s of hours (way too much already) however I think the Vanilla game falls short.

VC was much more developed in the following areas:

Battle AI and Formations:
Formations were effective and you could micromanage your troops movement, specifically in Shield Wall formations
( I liked the Shield Wall + Advance 10 paces combo )
Troops did not get stuck on ladders/shield walls and would siege in an effective manner
Diplomacy/Lord Relationship
You had a myriad of opportunity to increase relationships with lords, to include quests, fighting together etc.
Feasts were common where you could meet ladies
Quest Development
The main quest was excellent and there were side quests that were also enjoyable.
Kingdom Management
You had many more options in Kingdom Management - Taxes, etc
Lords would show up to your Court wanting to join up
When a Lord joined your Kingdom, they very rarely left unless you kicked them out

How is it even possible that these things are worse/non existant now, after years of development??? I don't know anything about game development, but this just doesen't seem to make any sense.

Back
Top Bottom