Bannerlord is fine, we just have to adapt to it

Users who are viewing this thread

I seriously doubt this, but I shall hope. This seems to be a general style. Even mods that improve collision still have very short battles, and the main reason is that compared to actual formations that have the frontline and the flanks fighting, in BL as soon as the charge command is given it's like 600 infantry 1v1 duels like in the movies, except they last less than 10 seconds because they do not defend with 100 skill proficiency. Not to mention that attacking AI just charge instead of skirmishing/slow advance, and defending AI can easily be aggroed by pelting them with arrow fire.
And dont fofget about insane damage numbers and no existing armor

Im talking about when game is released. Obviously its not ready yet lol
No **** Sherlock thats what EA is really about. What century are you coming from ? :smile: But sure these days when shady companies releasing games in EA just to cash grab i can feel your concern. But not that is here for me at least and if so then you proved me wrong. But nothing is certain in life and its always a risk which you agreed on taking. Theres an old saying; Dont cry over spilled milk. But to be fair its like watching an episode of Ricky Lake with a bunch of drama queens all over....It has been one month from 1+ years and people are all over the place. Come in 8 months then we can talk pre drama

Last edited:
Bannerlord at the moment:

Revamped graphics check
Improved UI check
Revamped combat half check
New mechanics half check
Battles with hundreds fail
Modding tools we'll see

Combat and battles are the only good feature in M&B. Previous titles had the same repetitive and dull gameplay but with awesome modders it was enjoyable. When I joined the last month in Beta my first impression was wow, there was even friendly melee hits and I actually liked the new combat. But now I'm seriously concerned because we are going backwards. Not only the blob is still there, now there is barely any collision with other agents and friendly agents don't collide with friendly weapons. There is no intention to make better battles they gave up. Instead they are going back to the origins so with any luck Bannerlord will be similar to Warband (or worse). Overall I say fail in innovation, fail in learning from years of good mods, fail in improving performance in battles at least for now.

The game engine and the improvements are there and that's something to respect. Somehow I feel the problem for many game developers is they are so tunnel focused on graphics and code that they don't really know what is a game. As someone said, Skyrim quests with Mount&Blade combat would be awesome. Actually the only combat mechanic I liked in Skyrim was a mod with stealth mechanics, it was a whole new game.

The midgame's samey, it's fights over and over again, repetitive, but not boring if you're in it for combat. It ain't broken, it just isn't built to cater to popular demand right now. It's more than playable, it's actually enjoyable to some people, myself included.
Man the introducing of influence system is the worst thing happened to Mount and Blade. I've already written couple posts about connection between gather army-influence system and faction snowballing. Not to mention that any mana system is bad design choice (look at Imperator: Rome). I hope it will be possible to mod it out and to return old Marschal system from Warband.

Back
Top Bottom