Bannerlord is a huge dissapointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Garbagefire

Recruit
The game just doesn't live up to expectations. Not to mention, it's taking years to finish. So many bugs it's unplayable. They still haven't figured out how to make the computer players make even slightly realistic choices. It makes starting a kingdom almost impossible because you have people that constantly want to go to war with everyone, they also refuse to make peace and you have to use all of your influence to do it. Then they start using policies that will help them make those bad decisions and you can't do anything about it because at some point they changed the way you gain influence and now you don't have enough, like ever. Frustrating game. Doesn't look like it's gonna get better anytime soon. All the changes they have made so far make the game worse.

The game just doesn't live up to expectations. Not to mention, it's taking years to finish. So many bugs it's unplayable. They still haven't figured out how to make the computer players make even slightly realistic choices. It makes starting a kingdom almost impossible because you have people that constantly want to go to war with everyone, they also refuse to make peace and you have to use all of your influence to do it. Then they start using policies that will help them make those bad decisions and you can't do anything about it because at some point they changed the way you gain influence and now you don't have enough, like ever. Frustrating game. Doesn't look like it's gonna get better anytime soon. All the changes they have made so far make the game worse.
Oh and what is done with the campaign is beyond dumb. Constant loop of bandit hideouts and chasing caravans, just erase the campaign mode and focus on sandbox if this is what you're gonna do.

You are a bit late to the party.. There are thousands and thousands of posts like this, they do nothing but discourage the devs from listening to us. Please, if you are unhappy with any features in the game, make a decent description of "only that problem" in the intended sub forum, There is no use in empty ranting about obvious flaws.

You are a bit late to the party.. There are thousands and thousands of posts like this, they do nothing but discourage the devs from listening to us. Please, if you are unhappy with any features in the game, make a decent description of "only that problem" in the intended sub forum, There is no use in empty ranting about obvious flaws.
You took the time to read it why wouldn't they? There are thousands of posts like mine, huh? Then maybe, just maybe, they should listen. What you just said is counterproductive. I shouldn't complain about what's going wrong... right

That's objectively true, the part about being thousands of posts "like this."
The fact is, there's a reason there are so many - it's because they ring true and are generally truthful altogether. According to you they discourage the devs from listening to us, forgive me... but that's a huge load of bollocks. There are THOUSANDS of great suggestions topic, people who took the time to put the most popular of them together and give them visibility... only for Taleworlds to be completely silent or focus on absolute minutiae and useless crap (skins, don't even get me started on that.) That's what made people upset in the first place, and what contributed to make the game stale.
His post was absolutely valid and the fact that other people said similar things has nothing to do with Taleworlds not listening, on top of that it doesn't make his post less valid as an opinion that is perfectly legitimate. Taleworlds folks don't listen because they simply don't give a damn.

To be honest, I felt the same way about Warband.
Vanilla WB wasn't the greatest but it still had character to it and that unique indie game feeling which is why many love it

BL is nothing but the remnants of a classic corporate cash grab game

WB was made by gamers, BL was made by money men

I don't see how this is made by money men though when there's no paid DLC, no loot boxes, no cosmetics etc.?
Because they designed the game so it can be accessible to kids, casuals and console gamers, it was focused completely on gaining maximum revenue from new audiences even at the detriment of the game

It's very clear to see if you've followed the development of the game thoroughly

Then maybe, just maybe, they should listen.
RUdPyQP.jpg

I think everyone at one point modded Warband, but did you immediately mod it and never play vanilla and think it was good that way?
Almost immediately modded it. The vanilla game was good but it shined with mods. Floris and then the Game Of Thrones overhaul mod are what really sucked me in.

Much like Bannerlord so far, although I've given up trying to keep up with mods that constantly need updating since patches keep breaking them.

once Dell'arte della guerra is released I won't be bothering with vanilla anymore. Or maybe the new Game Of Thrones mod also being developed.

The elephant thing was real, seriously? lol
The way it was labeled as DLC I think had to do with how the person working on it accessed it or demo's it or something and not because it was really for DLC. Although it was real and TW didn't deny the possibility of Elephants in DLC in the future, it's outlandish think it would just be an elephant for DLC as the leak (or update malfunction?) suggested.

It makes starting a kingdom almost impossible because you have people that constantly want to go to war with everyone, they also refuse to make peace and you have to use all of your influence to do it. Then they start using policies that will help them make those bad decisions and you can't do anything about it because at some point they changed the way you gain influence and now you don't have enough, like ever
Yeah agreed. They need to re-vamp the player side of ruling a faction and give the player control, there's just no mid/late game otherwise. It's unreasonable to expect the player to entertain the exact same loop for the whole game, let alone multi gen to actually use the children.

Oh you can do it, you can pant the map with a faction or even just with you 1 party, but that's not the point.

Back
Top Bottom