Bannerlord Full Release Date Updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe they didn't have to work hard too and relaxed a lot! There are many benefits to not working!
I don't believe they were lazy balls, to me it's a known Game Development Industry issue called Development hell (basically doing the same task over and over and over again without progressing an inch), where you'll end up within any industry that involves creative workload combined with technical workload when there's lack of direction and logistical management doesn't apply deadlines nor creates segmentation of workload for the teams to deal with. In sum it's like making a film, but you don't schedule scenes for shooting and shoot things totally at random, than when you look at your budget it's drained because you spent 5 weeks shooting repeated scenes that could only take 2 at most, because you kept having "new ideas".
Logistical management issues explanation would be that you create segmented loops of workload and an order of which to do things, and combine efforts plus add a deadline (that doesn't need to be set in stone) to finish it so everybody can move to the next task. That's the most efficient workload for any of these fields (game, film, etc). The reason's because each segment has a dependency on the previous, and without it you can't predict possible issues and if you force it out of order it may come around as disjointed work, tanks quality and wastes a lot of time.

Filming industry's development hell often happens due to bad direction and having crap producers combined with a megalomaniac director, basically you'll have the director changing the same scene 300 times over because "it can be better" wasting money and time like there's unlimited funding and timeless creative relevance on the film being produced (often the theme of a film only works during a certain timeframe, if you lose it it becomes a flop, if you manage to do it in time it becomes a hit - tricky subject to explain). The funny thing's that these guys generally spit on both their audience and more reasonable professionals of the field naming everybody tyrants or sellouts while calling themselves "artists". :lol:

In gaming that's basically what they went through, they had two skeletons for bannerlord, one we never saw anything relevant and culminates at their first engine switch, where it seems that most assets were discarded probably due to incompatibility, than development begun anew, we got the second one which was the one we saw during gaming conventions from 2016 (and tid-bits earlier), it was probably very close to the same stage where they released EA for us in 2020, hence why Armageddon promised something for end of 2016 early 2017, but suddenly silence, and yet another engine re-hash happened along with the massive list of cuts. That's one kind of development hell, where they couldn't decide on an engine and commit to it, they kept changing it and the collateral was us losing a ton of depth in the game, so far. At least that's the observable part of it. What I didn't know is that they apparently had no backup plans nor did they have separate teams working on Game Design independently of engine systems (Game Design can be made without touching any software, not ideal, but it can)

What we can only hope for is for them to actually "DEW IT" after release, though at this pace and with their lack of communication, I don't think that's going to happen, there's no other reason for TW's management to be avoiding us for so long (the community in general). If you ask me, I believe that if they could they'd avoid even any press at this point.

Last edited:
I wish my workplace was as stress free! 😩
You seem to be under pressure, it is the second time you refer to your work in a negative way.
Spare yourself, you have only one health (physical and mental).
Try to change your mind, by having a walk in the nature for example 🌳🌲

Maybe they didn't have to work hard too and relaxed a lot! There are many benefits to not working!
When you think about it, TW is the smart one here. If our perception of them is accurate, they spent the past 10 years doing very little actual work, and yet still made absolute bank with the end result. Sounds like a win-win for them.

You seem to be under pressure, it is the second time you refer to your work in a negative way.
Spare yourself, you have only one health (physical and mental).
Try to change your mind, by having a walk in the nature for example 🌳🌲

Long week mate, lots of people off for various reasons, and a few of us carrying the place on our shoulders. I even got called in last night, on my first day off. The work still has to get done regardless, so yeah... bit stressed. πŸ˜•

Long week mate, lots of people off for various reasons, and a few of us carrying the place on our shoulders. I even got called in last night, on my first day off. The work still has to get done regardless, so yeah... bit stressed. πŸ˜•
Yeah, I understand.
Good news is that you seem to be conscious about it.
Stress can be sneaky, overwhelming you before you ever notice it.
Not sure you will find some peace in those forums thoug :roll: And playing video games may bring additional stress as well...
Go out, find a green and quite place, and listen to the birds :smile:

With October as their official release date (console ones being a bit more strict against all this EA bs) and judging by the pace since late last year, 1.8 is what we're getting on release with at least some minor polish to it.

Back
Top Bottom