Bannerlord enjoyment curve for me

Users who are viewing this thread

That's all well and good you have your community and you all are entitled to your opinion. But reviews across the board show that opinion to be in the minority. It may be a vocal minority, but it's a minority nonetheless.

People need to stop playing it with the expectations of a completed game and realize it's a WIP and the release was intended to be a WIP.

That's all well and good you have your community and you all are entitled to your opinion. But reviews across the board show that opinion to be in the minority. It may be a vocal minority, but it's a minority nonetheless.

People need to stop playing it with the expectations of a completed game and realize it's a WIP and the release was intended to be a WIP.

Most people reviews on steam were posted with less than 10 hours of gameplay and their feedback was mostly " It's finally harvesting season "

Most people I've seen supporting TW aren't asking people to "accept" the flaws, but just be patient as the game is very much a WIP and was clearly stated as such when they bought it.
It's all well and good saying "it's Early Access, be patient", but the outlines they shared for MP development during EA weren't exactly promising (although it's changed now). They even tried talking up the combat, saying it was the realisation of what they planned all along for the series (which I guess is true if Dazubo was that inspiration...). If it wasn't for the critique and pestering, there probably wouldn't be a big patch for MP coming later this month with some meaningful changes.

Imagine if they had released Warband without taking on board scrutinous player feedback during its development? Just look at the mechanics for M&B from 2008. Or Warband's early beta. Some might have been uncritically satisfied with it (the same people defending Bannerlord right now) if it remained like that, but it wouldn't have been nearly as good as it eventually turned out to be. And they did say they prioritised listening to feedback during one of their presentations for Warband.

Most people reviews on steam were posted with less than 10 hours of gameplay and their feedback was mostly " It's finally harvesting season "

Good thing I included "across the board" then and not just "steam reviews."

It's all well and good saying "it's Early Access, be patient", but the outlines they shared for MP development during EA weren't exactly promising (although it's changed now). They even tried talking up the combat, saying it was the realisation of what they planned all along for the series (which I guess is true if Dazubo was that inspiration...). If it wasn't for the critique and pestering, there probably wouldn't be a big patch for MP coming later this month with some meaningful changes.

Imagine if they had released Warband without taking on board scrutinous player feedback during its development? Just look at the mechanics for M&B from 2008. Or Warband's early beta. Some might have been uncritically satisfied with it (the same people defending Bannerlord right now) if it remained like that, but it wouldn't have been nearly as good as it eventually turned out to be. And they did say they prioritised listening to feedback during one of their presentations for Warband.

Actual constructive criticism is fine and should be encouraged. It's the people saying "oh we were scammed," "oh the game is literally unplayable," "oh fire the management team" I'm referring to as the problem.

We are speaking Mp community. The casual play for 10 hours and leave sp community is an entirely different thing than the people who keep Mp alive through fanatic playing

also the problem is that people gave so much feedback in alpha that was never addressed that’s coming back to bite taleworlds in the ass. Most people have given up, I haven’t tho

Nice elitism. "The game will live or die by my hands" lmao get a grip.

Also nice generalization of everyone who isn't you and your MP buddies.

Nice elitism. "The game will live or die by my hands" lmao get a grip.

Also nice generalization of everyone who isn't you and your MP buddies.
Would you believe me if I say I know almost everyone who plays Mp at some level, at least for Nw, Crpg, and warband? Na isn’t huge, and I’ve been around the block. If you can’t keep the community that is incredibly into warband and Nw, the game dies, and it’s on that path rn.

ask gibby or charlini if u want about EU, or ask cow in Na, they’ll give you some... strong opinions

Probably not. But even if I did I don't see how that's relevant to the MP community being the sole authority on if the game is good or not. The fact is the majority of BL sales and audience will be for the SP campaign and mods.

Probably not. But even if I did I don't see how that's relevant to the MP community being the sole authority on if the game is good or not. The fact is the majority of BL sales and audience will be for the SP campaign and mods.
Let the development for MP and Sp be different than for things like balancing. Just because we’re smaller doesn’t mean we don’t matter. Some things also just aren’t good for either like block delay and horse mechanics

I've never like the block system in WB era or now BL. I can agree with you that the horse mechanics are wonky, especially mounted melee. But I can accept that some things might be wonky or outright broken right now. It's part of what I signed up for when I bought EA.

Also, I'm not saying MP doesn't matter. I'm pointing out why MP doesn't matter more than SP which you implied earlier.

m6fc28Y.png

It's okay guys, it's 'working for everyone' 'across the board.'

Imagine losing 72% of your player base after 1 month, and then an additional 52% the next month, during a time when most people were confined to their homes and practically had nothing else to do other than play video games, and still believing that a majority of the people who bought the game enjoyed it and found it to be something that could be enjoyed for a prolonged amount of time.

ce49deaaa13cd77eb107d1566a8e141c.png

The only enjoyment I've gotten out of bannerlord so far is witnessing its constant downfall by all metrics, while TW and a vocal minority of the player base cover their eyes and ears and pretend that everything is fine. The population keeps going down, the steam rating keeps going down, all the polls on these forums always seem to point towards most people on the forums disliking the game or core aspects of the game, most competitive players hate the game, even the casual players from Reddit are largely dissatisfied with the game, what more is needed for you to be convinced that the game has serious problems which make it unpalatable to a majority of people who were already interested in playing such a niche game in the first place?

Such a rapid loss of players might have been expected of a story based SP game with little replayability, but for a single player SANDBOX game (which touts replayability) with unique gameplay which can't be satisfied anywhere else; especially one that also has a multiplayer component which had an 8 month long, non-stop alpha/beta phase (with an incredible amount of substantive player feedback, most of which went largely ignored or dismissed by TW), it's simply not a good outcome.

Read what my boy lag said

Imagine losing 72% of your player base after 1 month, and then an additional 52% the next month

Wow losing 70% and then 50% is really unique among predominately singleplayer games released in March 2020.

Half-Life: Alyx
lIMqpku.png

DOOM Eternal
3IeLwty.png

This isn't a good argument.

Alyx is at 12.3% of its peak. DOOM Eternal is at 8.89% of its peak.

Bannerlord, the only EA launch, is at 9.31% of its peak. The overall numbers are par for the course.

We don't have the stats on MP, but I imagine retention rate is lower. Personally I've probably played ~4 hours in the last 30 days.

Wow losing 70% and then 50% is really unique among predominately singleplayer games released in March 2020.
Such a rapid loss of players might have been expected of a story based SP game with little replayability, but for a single player SANDBOX game (which touts replayability) with unique gameplay which can't be satisfied anywhere else; especially one that also has a multiplayer component which had an 8 month long, non-stop alpha/beta phase (with an incredible amount of substantive player feedback, most of which went largely ignored or dismissed by TW), it's simply not a good outcome.

If you're going to attack someone's argument, the least you could do is read it.

Back
Top Bottom