Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Garrettsc

Recruit
Summary: I've had this problem twice now where bannerlord will eat some of my saves. I'll go in to check play a certain character and all but one save will be left. I don't know if its related to the issue or just my luck but it's never even close to the most recent. The first time it happened my around 1,000 day character's most recent save was gone and all I was left with was the character at day 40. The second one I cared a lot more about, it was my first character where I had started my own kingdom. Around 1,400 days in total but my saves were eaten again and my now most recent save with the character was before I left the southern empire, around 800 days of taking land and spending a ridiculous amount of gold to get more lords gone. After both times I went to look online to see if anyone was having the same issue and all I got were videos about how to get back saves you've accidentally deleted. I also checked to see if the saves were still in my files but couldn't find a save file in the bannerlord file. I could really use some help here, may be my fault and I'm dumb but I'm scared to play more in fear I'll lose another 1,000 days of progress.
How to Reproduce: I'm really not sure, best guess is just time. happened about 60-70 hours worth of play in between of each other.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No mods No cheats, just base game.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Geforce gtx 970
GPU Driver Version: 10.35.510.2019
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon vega graphics
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Tuf B350M-Plus Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

We don't have any function in the game to automatically delete save games unless the player decides to delete them. There might be an issue with Steam cloud saves. You might be accidentally selected a wrong option regarding that but to state again, we don't have any function in the game that deletes save files without player input.

We don't have any function in the game to automatically delete save games unless the player decides to delete them. There might be an issue with Steam cloud saves. You might be accidentally selected a wrong option regarding that but to state again, we don't have any function in the game that deletes save files without player input.
Thanks for responding, steam cloud is synced and haven't had any issues before recently. I certainly didn't delete them and it doesn't seem to be on steam's side of things. Is there a cap on how many saves are available? I've noticed 2 of my older characters have maybe 10 save slots while newer characters only get 3-4. Is it possible to make room for more saves it deleted other saves? Can't imagine it's a space issue on the drive it's installed in with 240GBs available.

Are you perhaps relying on autosaves? There's some setting in options for how many autosaves the game keeps and the oldest gets overwritten when it's time for a new autosave. If hard saves are disappearing, like MArdA says there must be some cloud service messing up, either steam cloud or Microsoft OneDrive if you have that active.

When you say you checked and couldn't find a save, do you mean that despite having a working save file show inside Bannerlord that you could not find any save outside it at all? They should definitely be located in C:\Users\ (current user profile) \Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves and if there's nothing there you shouldn't be seeing any saves at all ingame.

Thanks for replying, found the saves, figured they'd be in the game file. I do have auto saves active but I always "Save and Exit" when I finish playing. I looked at my saves and even hard saves say saveauto, could it be mistaking hard saves for auto saves and deleting them eventually? I've always used save and exit and on older characters the saves are along the lines of save24 while new ones are saveauto.

I wouldn't be surprised if the name is the only way the game has to identify an autosave vs any other save, would be a good idea to start using a new naming scheme for sure.

Back
Top Bottom