MP Bannerlord deciding which direction to attack in for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Noudelle

Grandmaster Knight

In Bannerlord, if you don't move my mouse at all after attacking, the direction you're attacking in will consistently switch to the opposite one.
I get the reasoning behind this. It's how a normal person would attack in real life. It feels right.
But I'm the one deciding which direction I want to attack in. I don't want the game taking decisions for me. If I want to attack in the same direction 15 times in a row, let me do so without moving my mouse, making me reset my camera each time.
All things considered, this isn't a big issue, but it's also completely unnecessary and, as with many other things, only serves to make combat less consistent by taking control away from the player.

Please fix.

Couldn't agree more. It certainly looks and feels pleasing when wanted, but if you are trying attack from the same direction repeatedly(especially in sieges and indoors) it's just infuriatingly frustrating and makes you feel once again like you are fighting to control your character more than the actual enemy.

Could we at least get an option for this in controls or something? I agree with OP that it's very counter-intuitive for player control in a combat game and don't really see how this helps newcomers in what is known as a four-directional combat system but something tells me this feature will stay.

Edit: ninja'd by gab

I noticed that if someone were to chain attacks without moving their camera and just let Bannerlord change their attack direction, the game would change to the swings that are the "fastest" attacks from the chain animation (Bannerlord switches directions from right-stance up to right, then from right to left forever), hence why it might be considered a feature instead of a bug (as the game is nudging you into a certain direction when changing your swing directions, i.e. it dictates that the next swing should be the faster one if chained - helpful for some, annoying for others).

But, still, as a feature, it doesn't make sense. I would rather have more control over my character, and for my input to be regarded more important than what the game thinks my input should be. An option to change this would be nice.

I noticed that if someone were to chain attacks without moving their camera and just let Bannerlord change their attack direction, the game would change to the swings that are the "fastest" attacks from the chain animation (Bannerlord switches directions from right-stance up to right, then from right to left forever), hence why it might be considered a feature instead of a bug (as the game is nudging you into a certain direction when changing your swing directions, i.e. it dictates that the next swing should be the faster one if chained - helpful for some, annoying for others).

But, still, as a feature, it doesn't make sense. I would rather have more control over my character, and for my input to be regarded more important than what the game thinks my input should be. An option to change this would be nice.
I gotta agree with you there, alternating swings from right to left is pretty intuitive and natural. I would imagine the swing following swing speed would be faster too, than a swing from the right, and then having the character carry the whole animation back to the right again.

But I believe it should be an optional feature as stated above. "Natural swings" and "forced directional swings"

Wow this is excellent knowledge thank you.

Back
Top Bottom