Users who are viewing this thread

Hello fellow modders and hopefully developers,

Currently I am sitting on basically learning every aspect of modding in Bannerlord.
I have already gotten into creating items, textures, meshes, cloth-sim properties, team-colours, weights and even creating custom item crafting templates/pieces.

However I stumbled upon a big problem that I cannot over my head seem to ignore. I need the ability to create melee weapons without the usage of this annoying crafting template setup for custom-based meshes that are not supposed to be "scaled".
To be more precise, I am currently creating my own Mini - Napoleonic Wars Module that is (as of now) private property. I need to create functioning Muskets with a melee function. I don't want to go back to M&B 1 (not Warband) days, where we had to give each Agent two weapons for ranged and melee.

Looking through the function of Throwing Axes, I was able to replicate a "melee-mode" switch for my muskets. Everything works, except for the damage. For some reason these damage values are not being read unlike with ranged weapons. They always deal "fist" damage. Every input of the xml is being read, except for the swing and thrust damage values. Even though they are being shown in the inventory.
As there is no way to have a firing ranged weapon crafting template + a melee function
I am stuck on further developing my module..

Edit: I also wanted to mention I read through all the damage calculations and Item initialization scripts and I figured the issue would be that melee weapons are always being read as crafting template weapons and maybe because these values are missing, they aren't used or read in any way.
(Atleast that is my theory as of my current knowledge)..

+1 to this.

It's a problem for any type of non-crafted melee weapon. It's almost as if it doesn't go off of the same physics and doesn't use the assigned damage. I have the same problem in blood & smoke.

Any way this can be addressed in the future. It stops S&M Mod and probably other mods which rely on ranged/melee weapons to properly work well. Or funny weapons with broken stats that don't fit the crafting recipe theme

Back
Top Bottom