Bannerlord Creative Competition 2: Scene Design Contest

Users who are viewing this thread

The rules say we can't add new scene props, but to what extent can we change existing props?

Can I change the material texture of a prop under the metamesh to a different native texture? Or change the factor color? For example, could I give an editor_plane a specific wood texture or something and then darken said texture, so long as I don't save it as a new prop? As far as I can tell, it still works.

Can I change/delete the physics object of a prop? For example, I need to use sturgia_dungeon_stair_a in my scene, but its physics prop is incorrect, so I have to change it to the correct one manually. It's been reported in the bug & crash report section so I know it'll get fixed, but I don't know if it'll be fixed before the competition date.

The rules say we can't add new scene props, but to what extent can we change existing props?

Can I change the material texture of a prop under the metamesh to a different native texture? Or change the factor color? For example, could I give an editor_plane a specific wood texture or something and then darken said texture, so long as I don't save it as a new prop? As far as I can tell, it still works.

Can I change/delete the physics object of a prop? For example, I need to use sturgia_dungeon_stair_a in my scene, but its physics prop is incorrect, so I have to change it to the correct one manually. It's been reported in the bug & crash report section so I know it'll get fixed, but I don't know if it'll be fixed before the competition date.
obviously you can, if it can be reproduced by game engine without custom assets

TW guys, editor is so broken with all this bugs, maybe it would be better to give stable 1.8.0, which works properly, and change dead line?

Hello,
Submissions looking good !
Wanted to make mine but I cannot connect to the dropoff url. Anyone else having the issue ?

TW guys, editor is so broken with all this bugs, maybe it would be better to give stable 1.8.0, which works properly, and change dead line?

+1

Please note that we've changed the following rule:
  • Your entry must work with the most recent stable version of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Modding Kit at the time the contest closes.
To:
  • Your entry must work with version e1.8.0 of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Modding Kit.

Scene name: Urban Hideout
Scene type: Forest
HideoutSubmissionPic10.PNG

HideoutSubmissionPic14.PNG
HideoutSubmissionPic15.PNG

HideoutSubmissionPic13.PNG
HideoutSubmissionPic11.PNG
HideoutSubmissionPic12.PNG
HideoutSubmissionPic6.PNG
HideoutSubmissionPic5.PNG
HideoutSubmissionPic4.PNG
HideoutSubmissionPic2.PNG

Scene name: Valeria Lookout
Scene type : Mountain
Screenshots:

E70E39685B3B05ADC6AAC59855257CFFF458DFC6

DC7B7F9E2CE51990EFFF77CB65EA36959776468D

B189CBF5156BE680BF8CA4335D46BF33F9C54F10

7D2939320F02B116C36B85D39DBFD7FF098F6BD2

1A4C27803E78EFA0BFAE42346C0C13CDDF59AC2C

Valeria lookout is a large cave hideout in the side of a mountain, looking over the road that many merchants take to carry their goods into the Province of Valeria. The bandits of this mountain built stairs and outposts along the mountainside, to survey the area.
There is an imperial fort visible in the distance, but the watchmen of the brigands can signal their raiding parties whenever a patrol shows up, and slip away before the soldiers arrive.
These ruffians may use clever tactis, but they have no talent for architecture. It's a wonder how the planks don't collapse under the weight of the guards! A clever adventurer may take advantage of their lack of workplace safety...

The scene is based on the real world location of Szelim Cave, Hungary.

Scene name: Ruined Castle Hideout
Scene type [Forest/Seaside/Mountain/Desert/Steppe]: Forest
Screenshots:

since updating to 1.8 my map seems to be having floating grass and dark marks on the ground and I have no idea how to fix that but I will upload it anyways

Decent submissions! Not find theme of current contest interesting, but good to see that many ppl participating. Good luck.

Levente did great historical reconstruction.

Back
Top Bottom