Bannerlord Comprehensive List of Implemented Perks (1.5.4 main branch and 1.5.5 beta) -UPDATE IN PROGRESS

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the informative post NLCRich. I think I finally get why I couldn't enjoy that much the Smithing perk tree in the game.

It only focus on player character and has no impact on player's party at all.

So, in vanilla, with new Smithing perks or not, player only get improvement for PC(Player Character) itself, which makes both of its branches meaningless if the player don't care much about fancy customized weapons, since it only makes a character, either PC or the companion, a helper at the forge or a main crafter.
I think it would be better if this perk tree could do more than this. Let's say, one of the branches focus on creating master piece like the vanilla, while the other branch focus on improvements that could affect the player's army.
The master piece creating branch could be still similar to the vanilla one, but merging two vanilla branches into one, while the second branch, the new branch could give a discount when upgrading units from tier1 to tier2, tier2 to tier3, tier3 to tier4 if you were upgrading your units in a settlement with a smithing workshop owned by you. Or, making your owned smithing workshop more profitable, or even unlock a policy for your realm that allows you to make upgrading elite tier units much cheaper.
The names for the new perks, if implantable, could be something like, Abrove the Farm Tools(cheaper T1~T2), Basic Protection(Cheaper T2~T3), Standardlized Production(Cheaper T3~T4), Apprenticeship(No longer spent stamina in workshop, but also significantly reduce the quality of the crafted item by characters with this perk), Massive production(enable the production of charcoal and ingot from hardwood and ore for trading), Guild of Forges(make ingot and charcoal more profitable), Armor Dealer(more profitable with Tanner Workshop), Decorated Art Piece(more profitable with Jewellery Wrokshop), Forges for War(your army and the faction you own has cheaper elite tier unit upgrade).

And if the policy could be related and unlocked by a perk, then we should be able to play around with this trick a little more with other perk trees. Like the trading, a perk in trading unlocks a policy to order certain goods such as horses from a notable merchant from a non-hostile settlement. Or in Steward, unlocks a policy to obligate the owned villages to provide food or horses from time to time.

I think if the game could make it hard to get a large elite army(more expensive), then the non-combat-related skills would became more favorable to the players in the SP campaign. Because that's when we have to choose, to either have an elite but small party or large but average strength party; to either enlist cultural units or rely on mostly mercenaries to keep you safe; to either develop and prosper your realm to maintain your troops or to raid and pillage to keep things together.

Congrats on finally getting stickied bro.
Honestly I was not expecting this after all this time, but I think it's great!
Guys , can someone confirm that warmonger and logistic expert in steward three aren't working , I think it do , but may be it's just my imagination . Did someone tested it ?
As far as I know, the Steward tree hasn't been touched yet, but I will look into it.
Thanks for the informative post NLCRich. I think I finally get why I couldn't enjoy that much the Smithing perk tree in the game.

It only focus on player character and has no impact on player's party at all.
You have some good ideas there. I know they are doing some work on smithing. It will be interesting to see if any changes come in the next patch.

The level of incompetence of the people working on Bannerlord perks is staggering, this is actually shameful, I feel ashamed on their behalf. Mods that were made without modding tools (made first few weeks post-EA launch) fixed more Perks than TW has implemented/fixed since EA so far.

It's embarrasing frankly.

The thread is now updated for the latest versions. Please keep in mind that the new bow and crossbow perks have yet to go through the gauntlet of player testing and code reviews, and it is possible that bugs may be identified. Please feel free to post any information here if any issues are noticed with these perks or any others. I will keep my eye on usual sources (such as below), but I'm also going to look into taking my own deeper dive on this one.

Give the www.bannerlordperks.com a coffee. I played since 1.3 with his website. He did a great job for looking into the code. But thanks for your effort to bring the information to this forum.

Yea, that site is great. Whomever is behind it is doing great work. Personally, I buttered them up a bit not too long ago.

Hey! just saying Ultimate leadership 2 WORKS IF your not in a kingdom lmao I dont know why the "kingdom" bonus's Overwrite the ultimate leadership perk 2 but With the Experience mod i had a 350 in game leadership and i had + 150 people in my party when i Created my own kingdom my party lost this 150 bonus and all my troops. SO it works if your not in a kingdom -_-

Tested Bolten Guard (Picked Shots) in 1.53 Beta. Note that this perked was renamed as Picked Shot but the perk description remains the same.

As far as I can tell it is unfortunately still broken in the same way. Your troops are paying money to you for the privilege of serving your bolten guard ... or erm having their shots picked.

Uploaded some testing screenshots right before and after perk selection. Hopefully links will work.

Before perk https://postimg.cc/LgLkGQhf
After perk https://postimg.cc/MXvF9z52

And in case it matters my party composition that the perk was tested it (strongly suspect the perk affects horse archers)

Side note on name changed. Original named sounded more epic as appropriate to lvl 250 perk. But it made sense to rename it because it effects more then crossbowman. New name is a bit lacklaster and none descriptive at all.

Last edited:
Tested Bolten Guard (Picked Shots) in 1.53 Beta. Note that this perked was renamed as Picked Shot but the perk description remains the same.

As far as I can tell it is unfortunately still broken in the same way. Your troops are paying money to you for the privilege of serving your bolten guard ... or erm having their shots picked.

Uploaded some testing screenshots right before and after perk selection. Hopefully links will work.

Before perk https://postimg.cc/LgLkGQhf
After perk https://postimg.cc/MXvF9z52

And in case it matters my party composition that the perk was tested it (strongly suspect the perk affects horse archers)

Side note on name changed. Original named sounded more epic as appropriate to lvl 250 perk. But it made sense to rename it because it effects more then crossbowman. New name is a bit lacklaster and none descriptive at all.
Awesome. Great info! Thanks.
Hey! just saying Ultimate leadership 2 WORKS IF your not in a kingdom lmao I dont know why the "kingdom" bonus's Overwrite the ultimate leadership perk 2 but With the Experience mod i had a 350 in game leadership and i had + 150 people in my party when i Created my own kingdom my party lost this 150 bonus and all my troops. SO it works if your not in a kingdom -_-
interesting... I will look into this further. Thanks!

Edit: I've confirmed these perks have been partially implemented since 1.5.1. I probably missed this before because I was always in a Kingdom. Thanks again.

Last edited:
And now for some good news. Mounted Crossbowman perk's primary effect (reload crossbow when mounted) is working for me in 1.53 Beta. On a slightly related news Khan Guard's stupid side mace was replaced with a second quiver. May the new golden age of mounted shootery commence.

Last edited:
And now for some good news. Mounted Crossbowman perk's primary effect (reload crossbow when mounted) is working for me in 1.53 Beta. On a slightly related news Khan Guard's stupid side mace was replaced with a second quiver. May the new golden age of mounted shootery commence.
Haha. As an FYI, I borrowed your links to put in my technical support thread about bugged perks. They should help the TW support folks identify the issue more quickly. Thanks again for posting. Hopefully these bugged perks will get some attention soon.

The thread is now updated with additional changes identified by players for 1.5.3. There are bugs and incorrectly described perks that might impact your choices for Bow and Crossbow in 1.5.3 and the lower section has also been updated to account for this. Please let me know if anyone encounters any further issues with perks in 1.5.3 not mentioned here. Thanks!

Is TW aware of Sagittarius bug? How is it still not fixed? If you are implementing new perks, might as well fix broken ones, right?

According to the bannerlordperks site, it has been fixed in 1.5.3
Ack, you're right. I'd thought we were in agreement on everything, but I missed the change to Sagittarius. There are still a lot of other bugs that have hung around a long time and not been fixed. However, it is good to see that this one has had attention, per bannerlordperks. If anyone finds the perk is not working, please let me know.

Ack, you're right. I'd thought we were in agreement on everything, but I missed the change to Sagittarius. There are still a lot of other bugs that have hung around a long time and not been fixed. However, it is good to see that this one has had attention, per bannerlordperks. If anyone finds the perk is not working, please let me know.
It's kinda strange that they haven't mentioned that in the recent patchnote.

It's kinda strange that they haven't mentioned that in the recent patchnote.
An ongoing problem with perk bug fixes. They never seem to make it into the notes. It's a struggle with each new version to find out if anything has changed. At least now we have a running list so it makes it easier to figure out. In the earliest days, we didn't even have that.

For anyone who might appreciate a quick visual check - I was a bit bored... excuse some dodgy magic wand selection and fill accuracy...

This applies to 1.5.3 beta only, because that's what I'm playing.

Note, when you have a choice of perks at a given level, which appears top/bottom appears to be pretty much random, even within the same play session, so pay attention to the tiny icon as well as the position.

ylYiJcL.jpg

Implemented & reported working.
Implemented, but differs from description.
Partly implemented, or partly bugged.

Not implemented.

Credit to NLCRich's OP for the actual information. Any errors are probably mine.

Last edited:
For anyone who might appreciate a quick visual check - I was a bit bored... excuse some dodgy magic wand selection and fill accuracy...

This applies to 1.5.3 beta only, because that's what I'm playing.

Note, when you have a choice of perks at a given level, which appears top/bottom appears to be pretty much random, even within the same play session, so pay attention to the tiny icon as well as the position.

ylYiJcL.jpg

Implemented & reported working.
Implemented, but differs from description.
Partly implemented, or partly bugged.

Not implemented.

Credit to NLCRich's OP for the actual information. Any errors are probably mine.
This is a really great visual, @redmark . :xf-grin: Thanks for sharing! Mind if I copy this onto the original post? I will of course give credit. This will still be relevant when 1.5.3 goes to main branch, so we should get several weeks of use out of it.

This is a really great visual, @redmark . :xf-grin: Thanks for sharing! Mind if I copy this onto the original post? I will of course give credit. This will still be relevant when 1.5.3 goes to main branch, so we should get several weeks of use out of it.
That's fine :smile:. Now the longwinded part is done, it wouldn't actually be much work to update for future versions (or to do one for 1.5.2).

Back
Top Bottom