Bannerlord Combat & Balance Discussion Videos

Users who are viewing this thread

This isn't the stance system, that's just basic footwork. The stance system would be positioning right stance, which puts your right foot forward, and you have a slightly faster animation from a right swing. Moving left while swinging right does position your weapon closer - this is what I said - but it isn't coming from the stance system, it's coming from you literally moving your body closer to the opponent.
If your first attack goes from the right stance, it will take more time to hit the enemy even if you are moving left and doing all the same while spamming as usual. On a video you can see that attacks from the left stance reaching the target slightly faster.
Once again, left stance is when you are moving to the left and your right hand is closer to the enemy, and right swings from that stance seem to be a bit faster

If your first attack goes from the right stance, it will take more time to hit the enemy even if you are moving left and doing all the same while spamming as usual. On a video you can see that attacks from the left stance reaching the target slightly faster.
Once again, left stance is when you are moving to the left and your right hand is closer to the enemy, and right swings from that stance seem to be a bit faster

Moving right puts you into right stance and creates a faster right swing.
Moving left moves you towards where you will hit with a right swing and make it land faster.

The first is the stance system, the second is basic footwork.

Moving right puts you into right stance and creates a faster right swing.
Moving left moves you towards where you will hit with a right swing and make it land faster.

The first is the stance system, the second is basic footwork.

I might assume that right attack from the right stance reaches the middle of the swing arc faster, but right swing from the left stance starting position is closer to the opponent. Since while you are spamming the attack reaches the enemy at the beginning of it's animation, starting position becomes more crucial than the swing speed itself.

With left foot forward your starting right swing position is further from the opponent, but with left movement that removes the differences especially if you turn into it (very loose turncap).

Again, this is basic footwork and positioning, not the stance system.

With left foot forward your starting right swing position is further from the opponent, but with left movement that removes the differences especially if you turn into it (very loose turncap).

Again, this is basic footwork and positioning, not the stance system.
78aad71b80ce.png

In the left stance starting position is definitely closer to the enemy
Once again, in a video I made you can see that right stance attack goes slower even if you are moving left-forward. Stance do not change if you are holding attack so it doesn't make sence why left stance attack is faster if, as you say, right stance both have better starting position and faster swing speed

I'm not sure where you're seeing "definitely" - the left image looks either the same or further back than the right image.

Left movement has a faster attack because you are literally moving and turning into your opponent. Moving left and attacking right is overall the best form of spam, I'm not disagreeing with you there - but it has little to nothing to do with the stance.

I'm not sure where you're seeing "definitely" - the left image looks either the same or further back than the right image.

Left movement has a faster attack because you are literally moving and turning into your opponent. Moving left and attacking right is overall the best form of spam, I'm not disagreeing with you there - but it has little to nothing to do with the stance.
You're moving left with the right stance - you hit slower
You're moving left with the left stance - you hit faster
It only affects your first attack cause after that you will get left stance automatically cause you are moving left and not holding an attack or block
Left image shows the right stance, which you get if you are moving right
Right image shows the default stance for spamming, in which you are moving left, and on that picture the sword is closer to your imaginable enemy.

Anyway, we're going off topic. I just wanted to say that these stances are not breaking the game in my opinion and deeper the combat system is, the better gaming experience you get in a long term playing

You're moving left with the right stance - you hit slower
You're moving left with the left stance - you hit faster
It only affects your first attack cause after that you will get left stance automatically cause you are moving left and not holding an attack or block
Left image shows the right stance, which you get if you are moving right
Right image shows the default stance for spamming, in which you are moving left, and on that picture the sword is closer to your imaginable enemy.

Anyway, we're going off topic. I just wanted to say that these stances are not breaking the game in my opinion and deeper the combat system is, the better gaming experience you get in a long term playing
You don't hit faster in left stance with a right swing.

I don't know, I just don't see the idea behind the stance system, the combat was already quite deep, and compared to absolver this combat is way more frenetic, sometimes you're fighting 2/3 people alone and you have to take decisions fast, imagine adding that a button you have to press in order to attack or defend yourself correctly, it's just god awful, I think they should take out the stance system and leave the animations as Gibby suggested, and bring back chambers and make the collisions better. Again, the combat was already deep enough, why put more and more, it gets unnecessarily convoluted with more and more systems that the game doesn't even bothers to teach the player about, I mean, how is that we're still wondering how it works, shouldn't the game just tell us?
I agree, keep stance animations as a visual thing make all attacks and blocks from any stance the same speed fix chambers and collisions

I agree with all of your points except the impact that stances have right now.
It's correct that the stance system adds RNG because its simply not possible to keep track of it.
I would go even further than Pacemaker and say that I completely ignore stances. And I would be surprised if I use them subconciously.

But I cannot understand why you say that the stance boosts and the resulting effect in teamfights are big. I dont see how a 1% speed buff or 1cm range buff is even noticable, especially in chaotic teamfights.

My conclusion is: Stance system is a unnecessary addition but no major problem right now.

Back
Top Bottom