Bannerlord Click Simulator Is What I Dedicate 80% of My Playtime To

Users who are viewing this thread

I absolutely agree, except for the combat the game is a dull,atrocious mess without any engaging gameplay.
Playing a trader is the most boring thing, because you only run from town to town, buy, sell, rinse and repeat. You do not even have to ask around for the prices in town, since there are a few goods/regions and routes which you learn pretty fast and you just circle that.
Owning a workshop or caravan required no real thought or planning, just a one look at local goods/prices, a click and you never have to care about it again.
Speech is just clicking on the option with the best percentages.
Developing your fiefs is also just queuing up some buildings and then leaving.
Smithing is also just another boring click-fest.
The combat is the only semi-solid mechanic in this game and even that becomes a joke once you figured out the AI behaviour after a few hours.

There are games, which also have no engaging gameplay, like CK2, you just read and click, but those games at least provide you with a plethora of interesting stories and provide an opprtunity at every corner for crazy headcanon. Not this game, here you can do the same bland quest over and over again, kill looters and hideouts over and over, be at constant total war with everyone, improving relationships with boring lifeless copy-paste characters, which does not even mattter in the slightest.
I could go on, but there is just so much wrong with this ''game'', i do not even want to bother any more...

The concept of the game has incredible potential, but the devs behind it will not be able to realize that potential at all. The only hope are the mods. Or maybe we get lucky enough and some capeable devs pick up on the idea and actually make a good game based on it.

Last edited:
Warband's UI is actually better than this in my opinion. At least you can read things and icons are big enough that you know at a glance what you are looking at.
Oh dear god, don't even say that. The utter clickfest that the Inventory system in Warband was is miles improved with locking/sell all in Bannerlord. You inject the Warband "shift click individual items, nonsense sorting" system into Bannerlord and you're better off just randomly adding and removing items from your cart on amazon for all the gameplay you'd be getting in between trades.

I honestly don't even have that much of an issue with trade, as long as they balance the trading skill a whole lot better to get rid of the extreme grind for higher levels I'm golden. But upgrading, recruiting and prisoner management is nearly the exact same chore it was in Warband.

Ban "the click"! I want a game in which i click my mouse 1-7 TIMES MAX!! Cant we just sit back and enjoy a PC game anymore with all the needless and tiring mouse clicking...?

Oh dear god, don't even say that. The utter clickfest that the Inventory system in Warband was is miles improved with locking/sell all in Bannerlord. You inject the Warband "shift click individual items, nonsense sorting" system into Bannerlord and you're better off just randomly adding and removing items from your cart on amazon for all the gameplay you'd be getting in between trades.

I honestly don't even have that much of an issue with trade, as long as they balance the trading skill a whole lot better to get rid of the extreme grind for higher levels I'm golden. But upgrading, recruiting and prisoner management is nearly the exact same chore it was in Warband.

Well... I had not realized that you could do that until after reading your post :lol:.

To be honest that was not as much of an issue in Warband since the number of goods to sell was limited, and so was the number of slots in your inventory. In Bannerlord without using the locking feature it's been an absolute nightmare.

Reply to the topic owner:
Well, after reaching late game you dont have to do most of the clicking you said. You can order your companions to create party and when they have enough troops you can take them for yourself. You dont even have to do looting and trading since when it is late game you should already have enough stable income that is practically infinite. And, what do you want from a barter? It only requires 2 or 3 clicks already lmao.

I absolutely agree, except for the combat the game is a dull,atrocious mess without any engaging gameplay.
Playing a trader is the most boring thing, because you only run from town to town, buy, sell, rinse and repeat. You do not even have to ask around for the prices in town, since there are a few goods/regions and routes which you learn pretty fast and you just circle that.
Owning a workshop or caravan required no real thought or planning, just a one look at local goods/prices, a click and you never have to care about it again.
The combat is the only semi-solid mechanic in this game and even that becomes a joke once you figured out the AI behaviour after a few hours.

There are games, which also have no engaging gameplay, like CK2, you just read and click, but those games at least provide you with a plethora of interesting stories and provide an opprtunity at every corner for crazy headcanon. Not this game, here you can do the same bland quest over and over again, kill looters and hideouts over and over, be at constant total war with everyone, improving relationships with boring lifeless copy-paste characters, which does not even mattter in the slightest.
I could go on, but there is just so much wrong with this ''game'', i do not even want to bother any more...

The concept of the game has incredible potential, but the devs behind it will not be able to realize that potential at all. The only hope are the mods. Or maybe we get lucky enough and some capeable devs pick up on the idea and actually make a good game based on it.

it hurts me but i agree with this

I've played a buncha games/chars so far but have 3 longish ones.
1 I'm a vassal with a town, married got a couple baby, put on hold to start new games in beta verions.
2 Married vassal with 3 towns (had 7 at one point) and 9 babys, big strong army good reserve of troops but was truggling to keep food up in 3 towns..... may be better now since 1.3 fixes but haven't tried. Will pick this one up again sometime.
3: the murder machine, started in 1.3 new game stole horses (kept the herd) from northern empire twice and they declared war on me, cam back with 20 khuazite raiders and started hunting the lords of the empire and executing them on the spot. Got the main quest rolling by becoming a merc so I could talk to nothern empire again, then dropped it after getting the banner and went back to killing. I have executed all of the northern and western empire, sturgia and 2/3 of Desert people. I'm curious to see what happens if I wipe out all the lords and then start taking land. I'm a lone Clan with no land on hardest settings and I have 500+k in pocket, 100-120 fluctuating troops, about 1/4 horse archers I raised the rest prisoner rescues and converts, anything but peasants, I destroy 500+ armies with out much resistance because the enemy AI is bad and easy to manipulate. I mean, it's good fun in it's own way but if a player was controlling them they would absolutely wipe out my army easily.

I've played many other chars to try other stuff and different updates and will make new games once perks are revamped or other major changes.

EDIT: I guess my point for OP is stop doing boring **** and being bad at the game if hate you clicking so much. Trade? Smithing? you're asking for the sick click
By clicking i got to a faction with 9 of my own fiefs, and 15 clans, millions in bank and a faction army of 18K. Yea, I deserve not to click, at level 25 I dont want to spend way too much time clicking (since the XP caps are higher and higher...), I want to level my character in a normal way. Jesus.

You missed the point.

Because this is the only game where you need to click stuff, totally don't need to click in other games such as shooters. The game should just play itself for us already, what else is machine learning for? :unsure:

I agree. You are mostly supposed to be a lord after a while and lord doesn't go around and trade or craft or manage enterprises or do other basic stuff himself. That is early game stuff and can be tied to young age character. Until mid game, character should arrive to mid age, have combat and other experience, get his title and focus on that part - family, dinasty (even though I would remove all that from the game, as this is not Crusader Kings, but an action game), wars, politics, kingdom management, until retirement and the end of the campaign. By then, trading should be automatted (caravans that make sense and many of them), workshops should be automatted (as they are already, just that they make sense), there would be no small quests anymore, no taverns, no back alleys and other silly small stuff, automatic patrols would be clearing looters and other pests instead of you etc.

Game is trying too many things and manages to be bad or mediocre at each thing individually and bland in total. Happened to many games in the past and will continue to happen. I don't care that many people enjoy it. Good for them. Many people enjoy dull things like fishing and sports, yet that doesn't make those things anything more than they are - simple things for simple fun for simple minds. Doesn't matter that those things are complex. You can be complex and yet still simple and dull, if you try hard enough.

Try to learn from successful and keep it as small as you need it to be, as you have already proven that you are unable to do much, even with years and bunch of resources at your disposal. And please, keep it real, stop selling alpha (early access). Give it for free if you have any respect for your audience. Keep your dignity. Sell the final product for 30-40 USD in a few years when it's ready.

P.S. It's really terrible that realistic damage doesn't exist. You just can't stab someone in the face or neck with a sword 5 times in order to kill him. You can't survive someone slashing your bare skin with a sword or impaling you on a spear. You can't survive headshots. Not in a fantasy, not in the real world. Some things have to make sense. Horses charging into spears die. Horses charging into each other crash and fall and people fly around. Catapults do damage to walls. Ladders get pushed off the walls. Bodies pile up. Et cetera.

Also, really, tons of gear and horses leftover after a battle and you can't equip your troops with all that? Your peasants will stay peasants or level up into a slightly better peasants, if they even survive? It's hard for them to pick armor, shields and weapons from the fallen? Why use that sweet sword and shield with that sweet chainmail, if I can keep this sweet...rock, pitchfork and rags ?

Recruting from random people based on the relationship that is received by questing? If it was my company, person that would pitch that kind of an idea would be fired immediately. Do you think it happened like that in real life? I don't know how it was, always refused to learn history, never learned any of that, but it just doesn't make any sense. Lords sending peasants in rags into war? Lords doing quests to be able to recruit slightly better peasants? No, troops were trained outside of battles and went into battles ready and equipped. Troops didn't level up after a battle if they were to survive. Nobles were knights. Mercenaries were a big thing.
you should see my post about faction goods etc (deals with equipiing your army across the faction and more, very interesting). Its in my signature. I think I post some basic features they can easily layer on, that would take the game to a next level, by not altering it radically (it could probably be done with mods)

For upgrading troops is a simple mod that 99,99% will get added in somewhere in the future, trading is something for the early to maybe beginning of midgame if your fiefs don't generate the tax income for the infinite money stream. OR you dont fight a lot so dont get 10k per decent battle and have to run around calradia as a lil biatch selling 3 jewelry and 10 silver ore at another place halfway across the continent. There are a lot of points to improve I will give you that but for the rest, its just weehhhhhhhweehhhhhhh wehhhhh like the ****ton of babies my ingame wife shoots out of her belly.

this game got old about 10 hours in total, unfortunately i couldn't refund after that so i'm stuck with this and hoping but probably going to be disappointed that it will eventually look and play better and i din't just waste 50 bucks on a warband expansion
+1, i feel exactly the same way. 2 hours isnt enough to realize its a port, especially not when you consider the claims on the steam page!!!

its weird that they just imported the UI from M&B, its so horrible. You can't use shortcut keys in menus, so its continuous scrolling and clicking. There's a lot of unfriendliness in the menus too, like upgrading or recruiting prisoners sometimes makes the list move so you expect to be able to multiclick but the whole list jumps and you misclick. It's a horrible interface. WHy cant I use the keyboard in menus in a game designed for PC?
+1, i really dont understand it. OK - if you want to 'port' the idea of warband, the gameplay conceps etc - no problem, thats why ppl bought warband and will buy bannerlord. But making a new game, a 'better game' based on the exact basic layout (with some minor differences, IE you can see campaign map now while in a town..) its just ridiculous. Who had the idea to not innovate here? jeeeeeeeeeze

literally installed 33 mods last nite (literally). Changed the gameplay, fixed a bunch of UI issues, and this game has been 'moddable' for a month (not 10 yrs like for the devs :wink: ). Its crazy to have to trust the modding community (which is what made warband great). Like, the devs could easily put these things into the main branch, and have all the players not need to get mods for easy simple things like 1 click recruiting etc.

I couldn't agree more. You hit the nail on the head with each point.

+1, i really dont understand it. OK - if you want to 'port' the idea of warband, the gameplay conceps etc - no problem, thats why ppl bought warband and will buy bannerlord. But making a new game, a 'better game' based on the exact basic layout (with some minor differences, IE you can see campaign map now while in a town..) its just ridiculous. Who had the idea to not innovate here? jeeeeeeeeeze

Really well said. There is hardly any evidence of innovation. Many people who code for living have looked at the code and say the current framework is not indicative of any complex features of game play depth, just all very surface level interactions and hardly any immersion.

I'm hoping it's a stopgap measure because they wanted some junk for players to aim for and keep playing to hold their interest until they reveal the real economy (and I've read the code -- it's in there somewhere!), but at this point I'd say that plan is backfiring a bit.
What, real economy? you can't say that and go away without an explanation. To me it's been always impossible to think in an economic simulation when you are selling equipment and goods created out of thin air all the time. Bandits spawn continuously and they are the main source of income until a couple of workshops break the game.

I really wouldn't say that CK2 has no engaging gameplay. In the end, everything we do in computer games is more or less clicking, but the thing is, we expect some kind of outcome for our clicks and a reduction in needed clicks for a given thing that we've clicked for enough.

In Bannerlord, you click the same, let's say, 6 things over and over and over, to incrementally see a number in the bottom right go up, and numbers of your favorite soldiers in your party menu go up. Then you have a fight, interesting new clicking, maybe even hitting a few things on the keyboard. Now your numbers in the party menu are all down. So now you do uninteresting clicking in boring fights to get that number of your favorite soldiers go up again, after clicking a bunch on the main map to get the number of recruits up again.

After doing this for round-about 10+ hours you can more or less begin to map-paint a bit, which is kinda fun, but still involves the steps described above.

Meanwhile in CK2: You can choose between x different clicks to do any number of different things that you want to influence everywhere. I can't even reproduce the amount of different ways that you can click in CK2 to get any given thing, its an actual sandbox with many different ways to influence the core resources of money, troops, prestige and piety, while having a similar mappainter, and that's all on top of the super intrigueing storylines and in-depth roleplay you can do.

Bannerlord just has too much clicking for completely repetitive and super simple stuff, just like Warband. Same thing goes for loading screens. Everytime you engage a party, every prisoner you take, it's just completely mind-boggling that this stuff is still in there. Now you add all these super clunky things together and it just wrecks your enjoyment of the core gameplay loop over time. If it doesn't, good for you, but:
If you complain about BL UI, you never played X4 or Elite Dangerous hehehe
"My standards for UI design are so low that I'm fine with something terribly similar to an ambitious unfinished project from 2004" doesn't really help make the game better for the vast majority of players.

Oh, and:
EDIT: I guess my point for OP is stop doing boring **** and being bad at the game if hate you clicking so much. Trade? Smithing? you're asking for the sick click
Rofl.

Back
Top Bottom