Bannerlord Click Simulator Is What I Dedicate 80% of My Playtime To

Users who are viewing this thread

Do people not realize that the inventory and troop panels have shift-click, drag and drop, move all, and slider functionality? You can even use the category buttons at the top then "move all" for just the items within the category; it makes selling things like battle loot really easy. Are you honestly individually clicking every single item move?

Last edited:
I use the macro feature of my Logitech G600 to spam click a lot of stuff. Hardwood->Coal and selling equipment to towns especially.

If you complain about BL UI, you never played X4 or Elite Dangerous hehehe
Fellow X4 players, it's so nice to meet you :smile: Yes, X4 can be pain in the ass, but it's such a great game that it's UI doesn't even bother me. Considering game complexity, it's ok, but can be improved.

If you join us in the multiplayer section you can realize that the combat is dull too, a downgrade to warband ?
Ye i played mordhau quite alot, so this combat seemed very lackluster, but at least it is somewhat entertaining compared to the rest of the game. In SP it is obviously even worse, after 10 hours or so you know how the AI behaves and all the fun in gone from that too, but i did not want to be too negative^^

I really wouldn't say that CK2 has no engaging gameplay. In the end, everything we do in computer games is more or less clicking, but the thing is, we expect some kind of outcome for our clicks and a reduction in needed clicks for a given thing that we've clicked for enough.
Yes you are right, if we consider thinking and planning engaging gameplay, sure CK2 is full of that. But bannerlord does not require any thinking, beyond the most basic planning. If you figured out the trade goods and routes that work, you never have to think again, one look at the map and you know where to open workshops and never have to think about it again, fief management, just mindless upgrading to tier 3.
But ok if there is nothing to think, maybe there is something that requires skill (aim and reaction)...Well maybe we could say combat needs those, but comeon, it is against AI, after a few hours you wipe the floor with them and it poses no challenge ever again.

So what is left, a ****ing clickfest in a horrible UI, forcing you to click even more boring ****.

Forget the clicking in game, it takes WAY TOO MANY CLICKS TO USE THE FORUMS!!! I have to click on threads, click on more buttons to post, click on links and categories, click click click.

PLS TALEWORDS THIS IS RIDICULOUS

You know post like this isn't helpful. The OP made a very valid point here.The fact of the matter is there is a lot of unnecessary clicking to do very common things.For example:

1. Why do I have to click into the arena first then check for a tournament?Just show us a tournament menu if there is one.

2. Why is the recruit all button inside another menu? Most of the time we recruit all peasants. Just give us the option in the town menu.

3. Why do we have to open a looter/bandit dialogue menu first before opening another attack menu? Just open one menu then give us the option to talk to the looter. There is a mod for this called fast_dialogue

4. Why do we not have keyboard shortcuts for menus and dialogue? Has TW not played the 10000 RPG games out there? Every single good one I know has this. Baldurs Gate, Knights of the old Republic, Divinity Original sin 2, Dragon age, Planescape, Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, etc.

I don't know why the UI is like this, but please TW if you need some ideas play more other games. There are some games that do UI very well, for example Anno 1800. Endless Space 2.

Have a look how Anno 1800 do trading routes here, it is very good:

Great management UI from Endless Space 2:

Do people not realize that the inventory and troop panels have shift-click, drag and drop, move all, and slider functionality? You can even use the category buttons at the top then "move all" for just the items within the category; it makes selling things like battle loot really easy. Are you honestly individually clicking every single item move?
I'm guessing most of the people here know, this isn't really the issue.

Yes you are right, if we consider thinking and planning engaging gameplay, sure CK2 is full of that. But bannerlord does not require any thinking, beyond the most basic planning. If you figured out the trade goods and routes that work, you never have to think again, one look at the map and you know where to open workshops and never have to think about it again, fief management, just mindless upgrading to tier 3.
But ok if there is nothing to think, maybe there is something that requires skill (aim and reaction)...Well maybe we could say combat needs those, but comeon, it is against AI, after a few hours you wipe the floor with them and it poses no challenge ever again.

So what is left, a ****ing clickfest in a horrible UI, forcing you to click even more boring ****.
I mean, I wouldn't want to sound quite this harsh with Bannerlord yet, especially since I think that "a few hours" of the combat can be super fun and engaging, and that's really all that I truly would have expected. But then I was already roughly prepared for the way the UI would work from pre-release videos I saw.

On the other hand you're absolutely right, the game in its current state begins two thousand separate systems that could be cool, and then stops developing them just right before they might become interesting, which leads to the mindless clickfest we're seeing once you've gotten a basic hang of most of the systems. Though in this arena I'm definitely giving them the benefit of the doubt regarding early access... the UI on the other hand...

Oh well, as always, we'll have to wait and see and trust in the potential the game and TW might have. And if they can't make it happen, at least it's pretty much guaranteed there will be ambitious mods to tinker around with, or even good development tools to play around with yourself.

By clicking i got to a faction with 9 of my own fiefs, and 15 clans, millions in bank and a faction army of 18K. Yea, I deserve not to click, at level 25 I dont want to spend way too much time clicking (since the XP caps are higher and higher...), I want to level my character in a normal way. Jesus.

You missed the point.
Well you just need to get yourself the Kegel-Mouse clicker (now for men too), solves all your boring clicking problems and makes clicking fun again and can even save your you marriage or cause embarrassing trips to the ED. !

I want to level my character in a normal way
If you mean sweet fat juicy exp from killing fat juicy high tier troops and opening that beautiful perfect warband char screen and significantly improving you character to your liking, then yeah I miss it too. But for now I would say the BL system is not made for leveling into the 20s, the carrot is gone and your're just pushing the donkey by then. If you tried to level trade or smithing you're doing yourself no favors ATM.

I do think M&B is a meant to be a hands-on game though and no matter what they add you're gonna have to be clicking through the battles and slugging around the map managing vassals. They've said many times when demoing the game that it is never meant to tun into a god-game but always have that rpg feeling no matter how powerful you are.

TLDR: EXECUTE LORDS it's the most satisfying click you'l ever click

That is early game stuff and can be tied to young age character.
I don't know about you, but my early game is never longer than 30 minutes, which is ridiculous short, my mid game gets pretty much skipped aswell. Its like me, starting a new character, do the usual stuff, boom... endgame, from there on it is nothing more than grinding fiefs and battling a ridiculous stupid AI that makes even Total Wars AI look like some sort of grandmaster chess player. I am playing always with Realistic Settings and it is still way to easy. Not because the values are off or anything like that. Its just that the AI is too stupid and every single aspect in the game can be cheesed (I Cheesed several times on accident because i legit thougt that is the way it was intented).
So to get to OP's post and why i am saying this is, the devs actually have 0 ****ing clue how to balance things out and yet again hope the modders do all the work as usual. This entire click parade OP is talking about is real and completely unnecessary, and no excuse from the devs could be good enough for me. Why is there no "Smith all" button. What is up with that Stamina thing tho? I can swing my sword while running around in a full metal armor all day long, but the moment i smelt 2 swords i am all out of breathe? Which i have to repeat hundreds and hundreds of times till i can make a sword that is worth 60 denars.
God the hype i had several years for the game wear pretty quickly off. And at this point i am not touching the game anymore till they released the Mod tools and hope that, yet again, the Community gives us the game that TW talked about for years.

Well you just need to get yourself the Kegel-Mouse clicker (now for men too), solves all your boring clicking problems and makes clicking fun again and can even save your you marriage or cause embarrassing trips to the ED. !

I want to level my character in a normal way
If you mean sweet fat juicy exp from killing fat juicy high tier troops and opening that beautiful perfect warband char screen and significantly improving you character to your liking, then yeah I miss it too. But for now I would say the BL system is not made for leveling into the 20s, the carrot is gone and your're just pushing the donkey by then. If you tried to level trade or smithing you're doing yourself no favors ATM.

I do think M&B is a meant to be a hands-on game though and no matter what they add you're gonna have to be clicking through the battles and slugging around the map managing vassals. They've said many times when demoing the game that it is never meant to tun into a god-game but always have that rpg feeling no matter how powerful you are.

TLDR: EXECUTE LORDS it's the most satisfying click you'l ever click

Ya you missed the point again. Its about spending 80% of the time making unnecessary clicks. Clicking is fine, and you HAVE to click, so theres really no advantage to being a dunce here.

The fact remains, there is a lot of unnecessary clicking that's definitely not intended in this game, and it is due to poor design (that includes upgrading troops, and adding things to barters etc, it could take a really really long time to do all these things, and there is no advantage to wasting your time doing it.)

It doesn't make sense for the game to have to (BY ITS OWN DESIGN) force the player to abandon certain aspects, because it becomes retardedly tedious.

Also, on your TLDR -> I have executed DOZENS of lords, I SHOULDNT HAVE TO CLICK EACH ONE INDIVIDUALLY, AND I SHOULDNT HAVE TO CLICK THE LORDS NAME, TO CLICK THE EXECUTE BUTTON TO CONFIRM.
Clicking execute, and then confirm is enough.
Who TF thought it was a good idea for each unit click to bring down a slider bar? Why not integrate it already, ffs man.

PS: I dont need to level my character more, but it would be to my advantage to do so. Therefore, I want to do it.
There is no such thing as "BL system not made for lvling into 20's" -> Do you know why? Poor, lazy, unfettered design. Wheres the oversight? I have a hard time believing this is the product they brought after 10 years. It doesn't make sense.

I don't know about you, but my early game is never longer than 30 minutes, which is ridiculous short, my mid game gets pretty much skipped aswell. Its like me, starting a new character, do the usual stuff, boom... endgame, from there on it is nothing more than grinding fiefs and battling a ridiculous stupid AI that makes even Total Wars AI look like some sort of grandmaster chess player. I am playing always with Realistic Settings and it is still way to easy. Not because the values are off or anything like that. Its just that the AI is too stupid and every single aspect in the game can be cheesed (I Cheesed several times on accident because i legit thougt that is the way it was intented).
So to get to OP's post and why i am saying this is, the devs actually have 0 ****ing clue how to balance things out and yet again hope the modders do all the work as usual. This entire click parade OP is talking about is real and completely unnecessary, and no excuse from the devs could be good enough for me. Why is there no "Smith all" button. What is up with that Stamina thing tho? I can swing my sword while running around in a full metal armor all day long, but the moment i smelt 2 swords i am all out of breathe? Which i have to repeat hundreds and hundreds of times till i can make a sword that is worth 60 denars.
God the hype i had several years for the game wear pretty quickly off. And at this point i am not touching the game anymore till they released the Mod tools and hope that, yet again, the Community gives us the game that TW talked about for years.

Well said man. I'm right there with you.

You know post like this isn't helpful. The OP made a very valid point here.The fact of the matter is there is a lot of unnecessary clicking to do very common things.For example:

1. Why do I have to click into the arena first then check for a tournament?Just show us a tournament menu if there is one.

2. Why is the recruit all button inside another menu? Most of the time we recruit all peasants. Just give us the option in the town menu.

3. Why do we have to open a looter/bandit dialogue menu first before opening another attack menu? Just open one menu then give us the option to talk to the looter. There is a mod for this called fast_dialogue

4. Why do we not have keyboard shortcuts for menus and dialogue? Has TW not played the 10000 RPG games out there? Every single good one I know has this. Baldurs Gate, Knights of the old Republic, Divinity Original sin 2, Dragon age, Planescape, Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, etc.

I don't know why the UI is like this, but please TW if you need some ideas play more other games. There are some games that do UI very well, for example Anno 1800. Endless Space 2.

Have a look how Anno 1800 do trading routes here, it is very good:

Great management UI from Endless Space 2:

Honestly the only clicking problem I have is when I'm trying to buy things in bulk but can only do x5 things at a time, other than that I really have no issue. Sounds like yall have weak fingers

this game got old about 10 hours in total, unfortunately i couldn't refund after that so i'm stuck with this and hoping but probably going to be disappointed that it will eventually look and play better and i din't just waste 50 bucks on a warband expansion
If only it was a Warband expansion. If it was, we'd have been playing THAT game 3 or 4 years ago and today we'd be speculating about Bannerlord 2.

Please show me, without mods, how you are not spending your entire, mid -> late game

I spend mine clicking not stop to execute basic features like;

upgrading troops
recruiting prisoners
TRADE
selling lots of items
barters.

Its actually ridiculous. I know it is so ridiculous in fact based on this; I have 100 hours in game. It took me 99.5 hours to get to 120 LVL trade. The last 0.5H I got to LVL 125 -> HOW? A mod, for autotrading, that takes off 99.9% of the time and effort spent trading (which should be included in the game, because if the prices are all in your head, you grinded the early part and learned and unlocked the perks, you should no longer have to repeatedly be a monkey about this IE buying, click, scrolling, selling, you are literally grinding to grind - for no reason other than poor design).

THE GRIND, should not come from clicking, but from doing. I spent more time trying to grind, than actually grinding!!!!!!! HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!?!?!?
****. Fix the UI already.
Least it is not only drag and drop trading like Warband. Still have carpal tunnel from that game.

Please show me, without mods, how you are not spending your entire, mid -> late game

upgrading troops
recruiting prisoners
TRADE
selling lots of items
barters.

Its actually ridiculous. I know it is so ridiculous in fact based on this; I have 100 hours in game. It took me 99.5 hours to get to 120 LVL trade. The last 0.5H I got to LVL 125 -> HOW? A mod, for autotrading, that takes off 99.9% of the time and effort spent trading (which should be included in the game, because if the prices are all in your head, you grinded the early part and learned and unlocked the perks, you should no longer have to repeatedly be a monkey about this IE buying, click, scrolling, selling, you are literally grinding to grind - for no reason other than poor design).

THE GRIND, should not come from clicking, but from doing. I spent more time trying to grind, than actually grinding!!!!!!! HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!?!?!?
****. Fix the UI already.
you god damn right. RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT YOU RIGHT

For upgrading troops is a simple mod that 99,99% will get added in somewhere in the future, trading is something for the early to maybe beginning of midgame if your fiefs don't generate the tax income for the infinite money stream. OR you dont fight a lot so dont get 10k per decent battle and have to run around calradia as a lil biatch selling 3 jewelry and 10 silver ore at another place halfway across the continent. There are a lot of points to improve I will give you that but for the rest, its just weehhhhhhhweehhhhhhh wehhhhh like the ****ton of babies my ingame wife shoots out of her belly.
Jewelry? Amateur.

The real money in Calradia, outside of looting of course, is in large scale bulk goods. Which do you make more money off, 21 Jewelry at 400 or 400 Fish at 21? The answer, as they say, might surprise you.

upgrading troops

Very very few battles will require you to upgrade more than a handful of units at any given time

recruiting prisoners
Entirely optional

I see you haven't found the trade slider yet.

selling lots of items

I see you haven't found the "sell all unprotected items" button yet

Still have yet to bother with this, other than to give a few gifts, which again, is a lot easier once you learn how to use the slider.

hahahah +1. Wtf, for 60 denars!!!

Back
Top Bottom