Bannerlord campaign day 3328

Users who are viewing this thread

RozBritanicus

Sergeant
I am as stated day 3328 every faction leader as died apart from King Caladog who is 80. I join the Battanians stuck with them from the start and after i formed the dragon Banner i cemented that tie buy telling Caladog and staying withe faction. The world economy is mostly stable and the only remaining fations are ( Aserai =they are very strong own all original territories and some of Vlandia) ( Battania =they strong owning all original territories plus a nice chunk of the western empire territories ) ( Khuzaits are weak only owning 2 cities and 1 castle but holding out) ( Northern empire Strong equal to Battania is power they have lost territories but taken some of Southern Empires) ( Southern empire the strong over all faction own the most territories they have beaten the Khuzaits almost to submission and held of the Aserai ) ( Sturgia are reduce to nothing but raider gangs 1 maybe 2 clans left no cities and no castles and all clan members are very young all older members are dead) ( Vlandia are weak only owning one city and like Sturgia only have weak clan members) ( Western Empire are gone a dead faction no clan members). My Clan the fen McKlass my starting character as died of at the age of 64 of natural causes but a few year before that the Conspiracy and united Empire started. I left everything to the last few days to complete the dragon banner and didn't bother to try and stop the conspiracy . The only way to stop the steam rolling of Battania as the Empire were sending 2000 to 3500 stack armies over and over and its was never ending war was to execute captives ( not a tactic i like it feels very cheesy and there is no real down side the right npc's still love me) after around 40 executions The northern empire is as above. At this point is when my starting character as died and i am playing as his son. So this is the state of the game after 3328 days The economy is pretty stable all remaining factions are at fighting strength ( i have had to cheese execution to stay in the game) . Once the conspiracy as started there is no peace and every time is take a castle or city my AI friends are dumb and travel to far away to defend our new city/castle. So i personally am suffering war fatigue i am fed up of fighting and i have to beat the empire into submission . I just send troops into battle now . this is the the end . ( 40k reference ) Because in the grim dark future of bannerlord there is only WAR.

lol yes i am waiting in cities with time on fast. I am doing it just to see how things pan out. But for me this is my first campaign since 1.6 as 1.7 just had so much lag i couldn't play it. This is the longest campaign i have played full stop. The Battanians have without me finished of the northern empire by accident they attack two cities at the same time and the faction crumbled . Leaving only the southern Empire how as now got what was left of the Northern Empire. So there really powerful. But i am not executing now. I have started questing to get my relationship back. So i can get soldiers outside my normal area's. But i don't think i will play it much now . I have won really. Looking forward to the next update.

Yeah late game is an endless war after such long time at least with the strongest faction being the enemy of all. It becomes a game worthy of the title "total war" . But I must say that I don't know what other obstacles they should give you in the late game. A "your wife killed you, because of intrigue. Because of that a new clan becomes the new King of your faction. The new King ordered you Clan to ged rid of half of your fiefs." is a rage quit for me even it is "?! immersive?! ".:lol:

Yeah late game is an endless war after such long time at least with the strongest faction being the enemy of all. It becomes a game worthy of the title "total war" . But I must say that I don't know what other obstacles they should give you in the late game. A "your wife killed you, because of intrigue. Because of that a new clan becomes the new King of your faction. The new King ordered you Clan to ged rid of half of your fiefs." is a rage quit for me even it is "?! immersive?! ".:lol:
Yes indeed, no game can keep fresh and interesting for ever and just setting your progress back would be infuriating without systems and warnings in place that give you an opportunity to prevent this. But there are some things that could spice things up late game.
- slightly shorter years so you are sooner having to play with your heir, with other skills and relationships.
- invasion force, requiring different tactics
- introducing firearms😳( controversial)
- more kingdom management
- designing troop tree as a king

i remember that one of the first screen shots of bannerlord had a full building tree just for a village. there was a mill, some fields, a silo or something and now when i see what you can build it makes me sooo sad.
i tried to find it via google but seems to be deleted everywhere. if only every town, village and caslte would have his own building options/tree you would have some more interaction with the world and would feel something more, yeah, i completed something good.

I do believe intrigue was going to be feature but when using console commands and you pick an npc and kill them a text pop up Say the name of the npc "was murdered" . So its something they are holding back or started to do and could work out how to do it. One thing i can say about Bannerlord i am going to learn how to mod it and add this stuff myself. I did with Rome total war spent 2 years learning and got good at it too.

i remember that one of the first screen shots of bannerlord had a full building tree just for a village. there was a mill, some fields, a silo or something and now when i see what you can build it makes me sooo sad.
i tried to find it via google but seems to be deleted everywhere. if only every town, village and caslte would have his own building options/tree you would have some more interaction with the world and would feel something more, yeah, i completed something good.
In Warband there were Indeed improvements to do in villages, as those you named. There was even a watchtower to be advertised of upcoming raids. I remember that, yes.

I think there is more to add to town management and add such features for villages. Might be a mean to add interest even past mid-game, more sophisticated improvements - and deeper diplomacy would also be an valuable addition for sure.

In Warband there were Indeed improvements to do in villages, as those you named. There was even a watchtower to be advertised of upcoming raids. I remember that, yes.

I think there is more to add to town management and add such features for villages. Might be a mean to add interest even past mid-game, more sophisticated improvements - and deeper diplomacy would also be an valuable addition for sure.
Those were dropped in favor of the system we have now. Taleworlds said that the ability to build fortifications in villages made it impossible to balance the game properly, so any hopes of town management will be for modders to do.

The village improvements in Warband were for improving stats alone there were no visual changes and I always felt they were underwhelming. The other big issue is they took far far too long even with engineering at 10+ and imho it wasn't practical to do in more than 1-2 villages anyway because of the time to build. It was an underwhelming system that was poorly thought out but I guess that's Taleworlds forte. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom