Need More Info Bannerlord Broke My Laptop?

Users who are viewing this thread

I am almost certain that this game has destroyed my computer and I'm just utterly shocked didn't think it was possible.
My specs are.
- I7-8550 @1.99ghz
- GTX 1050
- 8 gb RAM

I normally play Pubg and CSGO regularly with no issues prior to bannerlord. Stable frames 60+ on PUBG minimum settings.

After downloading and playing the game for the first 3 days, the performance of the game (bannerlord) continuously got worse and worse to a point where it was unplayable even when I put all the settings down to a minimum. I stopped, began resuming normal use of my computer and this slow performance was exactly the same no matter i do.... Browsing the web is significantly slower, playing pubg does not work anymore, CSGO runs between 10fps-100fps, usually hanging around the 20-50fps mark. WHAT THE FK HAPPENED? I was so worried I full factory wipe/reset my laptop and was hoping this would fix the issue. However as soon as i reset it, web browsing was still an issue with noticeable lag compared to prior me playing bannerlord. What is going on, have i just ruined my $2000 2 year old Acer Nitro?? what kind of computer cannot run CSGO smoothly on bare minimum settings....

I am almost certain that this game has destroyed my computer and I'm just utterly shocked didn't think it was possible.
My specs are.
- I7-8550 @1.99ghz
- GTX 1050
- 8 gb RAM

I normally play Pubg and CSGO regularly with no issues prior to bannerlord. Stable frames 60+ on PUBG minimum settings.

After downloading and playing the game for the first 3 days, the performance of the game (bannerlord) continuously got worse and worse to a point where it was unplayable even when I put all the settings down to a minimum. I stopped, began resuming normal use of my computer and this slow performance was exactly the same no matter i do.... Browsing the web is significantly slower, playing pubg does not work anymore, CSGO runs between 10fps-100fps, usually hanging around the 20-50fps mark. WHAT THE FK HAPPENED? I was so worried I full factory wipe/reset my laptop and was hoping this would fix the issue. However as soon as i reset it, web browsing was still an issue with noticeable lag compared to prior me playing bannerlord. What is going on, have i just ruined my $2000 2 year old Acer Nitro?? what kind of computer cannot run CSGO smoothly on bare minimum settings....
Its like blaming new car air purifier for breaking down car's engine. You must have messed up something from your end like installed something wrong.

Its like blaming new car air purifier for breaking down car's engine. You must have messed up something from your end like installed something wrong.

Installed what wrong? Im just brainstorming as to what happened to my computer. and the only thing I did between it running fine and not fine was download and binge playing bannerlord. Ive fully wiped and factory reset it so im assuming, maybe the game was poorly optimised and has absoultly shattered my hardware despite me having required specifications, which is just ****ing ****. Ive got a decently expensive computer that is now possibly worthless, ill probably take it to a tech shop to have a professional opinion. Would have to be the biggest coincidence for it not to be related to bannerlord in some way

Installed what wrong? Im just brainstorming as to what happened to my computer. and the only thing I did between it running fine and not fine was download and binge playing bannerlord. Ive fully wiped and factory reset it so im assuming, maybe the game was poorly optimised and has absoultly shattered my hardware despite me having required specifications, which is just ****ing ****. Ive got a decently expensive computer that is now possibly worthless, ill probably take it to a tech shop to have a professional opinion.
A game cant shatter hardware its not that easy so stop being silly.
Check your thermals first i guess your cpu or gpu must be throttling

A game cant shatter hardware its not that easy so stop being silly.
Check your thermals first i guess your cpu or gpu must be throttling

lol ive got no idea whats going on, all I know is I had a laptop that could run PUBG which is far more intensive than bannerlord, and do things at a fast pace. And after doing nothing but playing bannerlord for 3 days, my Laptop now is a slow piece of **** that cant start pubg, or run Csgo at stable FPS even on minimum settings..... It cant even browse the web without lag, and ive factory reset it and its still the exact same story. How can I be throttled on CSGO and also just simply browsing the web? I don't really know how to check thermals too well, but ive downloaded msi afterburner before and after factory resetting my computer and things seemed fine both times...

If you believe theres no way bannerlords could have done this to my system, i just want to know what has caused my computer to die in 3 days... how is it possible that my computer has lost that much proformance?

lol ive got no idea whats going on, all I know is I had a laptop that could run PUBG which is far more intensive than bannerlord, and do things at a fast pace. And after doing nothing but playing bannerlord for 3 days, my Laptop now is a slow piece of **** that cant start pubg, or run Csgo at stable FPS even on minimum settings..... It cant even browse the web without lag, and ive factory reset it and its still the exact same story. How can I be throttled on CSGO and also just simply browsing the web? I don't really know how to check thermals too well, but ive downloaded msi afterburner before and after factory resetting my computer and things seemed fine both times
I will suggest giving your laptop to technician since even after factory reset means there is a hardware problem...hope it turns out good for you

My specs are.
- I7-8550 @1.99ghz
- GTX 1050
- 8 gb RAM

Hey I got quit a similar problem with the same settings. The more I've played the more the performances kept getting worst until 2 days ago it made my computer crash and now it wont turn on again.

Do I have to be scared, cause I barely had money to buy bannerlord, and now you guys are saying it can destroy a laptop. That is some serious ****. I mean i have like 40 hours, but mostly MP and not with a lot of brakes. And to be honest i didn't relly notice that it is braking my laptop. Similiar specs as the OP. I don't know though how it all works, so maybe someone that knows this stuff can tell us exactly if that's even a possibility, because i think that laptops must have some mechanisms to not let the game destroy the hardware, but as i said i dont really know much about computers.

My almost 5 years old laptop with similar specs as yours. It can still clock-in 100 hours of this game's game-play. With the latest beta version, not a single crash or hang, and no overheating (I am living in a tropical country with temperature averaging more than 28 degree Celsius).

By the way, my settings for this game is everything on the highest @ 1920x1080, 30fps. Ya, I'm an old-school gamer, 30fps is still comfortable for my old pair of eyes to react.

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom