Bannerlord Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Why?  Dont you think it is a lot easier to work on connection or whatever first layer problem they find with a small group insteado a lot?
More so, imagine how flooded of angry whiners the forums will be if an error ocurred and they cant connect to the Betaserver. 

No.  First a small selected grioup,  then,  getting it bigger and bigger with the time.

dev.Floyd said:
Why?  Dont you think it is a lot easier to work on connection or whatever first layer problem they find with a small group insteado a lot?
More so, imagine how flooded of angry whiners the forums will be if an error ocurred and they cant connect to the Betaserver. 

No.  First a small selected grioup,  then,  getting it bigger and bigger with the time.
I absolutely support that statement as long as I'm the part of the group.

Testing a game isn't as simple as just playing it and testing games is an actual career path. Letting 500 people play your game and then shout on the forums is probably a bad idea if you actually want to find bugs. Recent 'open betas' by big studios have ruined public perception about what testing is like.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
Testing a game isn't as simple as just playing it and testing games is an actual career path. Letting 500 people play your game and then shout on the forums is probably a bad idea if you actually want to find bugs. Recent 'open betas' by big studios have ruined public perception about what testing is like.
This.

It is already hard enough to work with professional testers. Now imagine the close group of 'amateur's (familial people close to the devs themselves) which can quite easily amass over 500 people - imagine all of them reporting stuff at the same time, with no pattern, only logging into the forums and creating a bug thread...
Now imagine 500 people from the internet doing it.

They are likely testing out the functionality, balancing and maps. Once they figure that out in a few weeks, they will probably open it up to a large (relatively large, 500-1000) people in order to test out performance/lag.

[SOTR] Roy said:
They are likely testing out the functionality, balancing and maps. Once they figure that out in a few weeks, they will probably open it up to a large (relatively large, 500-1000) people in order to test out performance/lag.

This.

[SOTR] Roy said:
I would guess that it's the other way around, actually. Broadening your tester pool just beyond your team of devs will help you find major stability issues and crashes caused by drivers, operating systems/versions, or hardware, but doesn't give you the breadth of knowledge or extensive amassing of data that you would want when making balancing decisions. However, for server-side performance you would be correct. That won't be load tested until they invite more people. For now, they can fix glaring client issues before putting it in the hands of more people, and then patch up any holes in their infrastructure & support systems when they become apparent during load testing.

I disagree on the balancing part. Having only a few people fight can more easily determine how well the unit loadouts are balanced as you can directly see results, whereas when there are hundreds of people there are far too many variables to get good results. You can’t really tell if the sturgian or vlandian infantry is better when 5 archers and 2 cavalry on both side is trying to hit the other during the duel.

In my opinion, I'd prefer they do an "internal family" test first. It always ruins the game when testing and it's so broken that you can't actually test it. I'd prefer they knock those bugs out and let us find the small balancing bugs.

Back
Top Bottom