Bannerlord Beta Stream/Clips

Users who are viewing this thread

FBohler said:
Sick skills dood, good luck with your exams, after that keep 'em coming!
Thanks!

Caius_III said:
Nice videos LeRoux :*, hard to see with my GTX 660 Ti ( Yeeee boi ) but, on your setup, **** that snow map looks gorgeous. Goed gespeelt.
<3

I've uploaded some highlights of a comp game I played. Was alot of fun!

Yeah same thing, how do you feel the combat now? Also please make a vid on the new map, im really eager to see it
ty for your videos!

So how is the new patch affecting your gameplay?
In most videos you are using the bow on very short distances and slighty moving back once the enemy comes close. But archers should be slower now. So does that change anything for you?
Yeah same thing, how do you feel the combat now? Also please make a vid on the new map, im really eager to see it
ty for your videos!
Well, I haven't been able of playing too much the last week, but from what little I've played I'd say overall the combat is a bit better.

The movement speed for archers doesn't really affect me as I do back of a little bit, but I don't really kite that much. When an opponent is coming in for melee, usually I just fight them so I can't really tell if the running away issue is solved from an archer's pov. When I play inf I do feel the low tier archers are still very fast, but it's doable in terms of kiting and running away.

The biggest change is the shield bash. Gotta say I don't really notice the cooldown too much, but the extra frames are great. Gives you a chance to react to an opponent doing a bash but bashing still has its uses. There's probably still some small things to tweak about the bash, but it's a world of diffference so I really like that change. Additionally, the feinting noises got a bit better so that's a big thing since I really missed that form Warband. Still needs some work and fine tuning too, but we're getting there.

I still have three major concerns (not going to go into detail on the minor concerns I have here): Swing arcs, spears and movement speed.
So movement speed... I don't mean archers running away or kiting, that's an issue that I feel has been addressed this patch. I just think there's a big discrepancy between the different movement speeds of all the classes. Obviously Warband also had differences in movement speed between the different classes and factions, but they don't appear as extreme to me as they do in Bannerlord. I can't quite put my finger on it, so I haven't mentioned it too much, but to me it feels like it's still so easy to just spin around opponents. There's not alot of structure in the fights. It makes it very hard to teamplay and properly support teammates.

I've talked about spears in my videos, afaik the issues haven't been solved completely yet, which is a real shame. I think that still needs alot of work because currently it's just no fun to play against spears.

Lastly, and I think this is the most fundamental issue I have with the game right now, the swing arcs. So to keep it simple, to me it seems as if the arc your sword/axe takes on horizontal attacks is enormous, especially the 1handed right swing. It doesn't seem to accurately allign with the range you think your weapon should have visually. The swing arcs are, I think, also involved in the issue where you're capable of cancelling swings but the attack visually goes through your opponents, even though I think the main issue with that is the animation blending. Same goes for the movement issue, I haven't figured out quite what I think the issue is.

And yes, I will try to take a look at the new map. I'm working on another video, hopefully I find some time to finish it over the next few days!

Well this has turned into quite a lengthy post... TLDR: Combat is getting better, addressing archer speed was a good call but personally I don't think it hits me that hard as I try not to run away too much :lol: There are still some big issues to fix, but we're getting closer!

Last edited:
That was a great read, I hope TW is paying attention to your comments and videos. Im happy they're addresing issues, maybe spears and mov speed are the next patch, we'll see, they are clearly taking their time which is good too

That was a great read, I hope TW is paying attention to your comments and videos. Im happy they're addresing issues, maybe spears and mov speed are the next patch, we'll see, they are clearly taking their time which is good too
Yeah. It's TW, they might not be the fastest but to me it's clear they do care alot about the game in the same way they did with Warband and the original M&B. As long as progress (in the right, subjective, direction) is made, I can't fault them for taking some time and considering what to do when it comes to the game they've all been working on for years.

? ? ?

?

Hurts my eyes. :lol:

It's been a while since I've posted a video. Frankly I've been busy and the little time I spend gaming I wanted to play different games because some of the flaws that really annoy me haven't been changed and it's making me tilt. :lol:

But here we are, after my hiatus I did enjoy playing a few games with my friends. This video is basically all the visual changes that came with the new patch + some small skirmish clips to show you what they look like in game.

Hello everyone, it's been a while since my last video but here's the first part of my LP.
It's the very first LP ever for me, so bear with me at the start. Struggling a little with what to do and stuff but overall really enjoying myself.
If there's enough interesent, I'm planning on continuing this. Already got the next parts ready, just have to process and upload them!

I added the next parts of the let's play, we're up to 5 now! I'm going to take another small break from Bannerlord, maybe a week or two since I'm not enjoying the game enough. And I don't want to make videos just to put out videos if I'm not enjoying it.

Since some of you might like to know, I think the MP game modes are a bit stale, the lack of matchmaking doesn't help either. For the SP... I'm just not feeling it, although the big fights are cool, I think that's the kind of hype that'll die down quite quickly for me. The rest of the world map seems rather empty and repetitive. Obviously it's early access so all of those things can change, but that's all the more reason for me to take it easy and not force myself to play the game or I'll burn out on it completely.

Back
Top Bottom