Bannerlord BattleRoyale Idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rungsted93

Sergeant at Arms
First of all someone else suggested this in a thread which gave me the idea to create a proper plan of how this would work and play while being original and offer a fresh take on the genre.

-100 Players
Taleworlds proved with Warband that they could easily do 100+ players working in multiplayer so having 100 players spread out across the map should be fine, could be adjusted both up and down depending on balance though.

-The map
So the map would be diverse perhaps even with different biomes and lots of camps, small villages, bandit hideouts and so forth. A larger city or two as well as a few castles could also make it as these POI all add to the next point.

-The gameplay
So first of all you could go two ways with 1 being having a selected loadout from the start or 2 finding weapons and armors around the map. However where BL's battleroyale would stand out is through their bots/ai. Because all the POI would have small bands of recruits for the players with around 4-6 units of different variety/quality and any POI can only be recruited by 1 player once. It was stated Bannerlord could run up to 800 bots which would be the upper limit here, so if someone looted every POI they would have 800 bots (Which would never happen). When another player is killed by another player or his bots, the remaining ones (if any is still alive) from the dead player would switch over the victor. So you can take over bots by destroying your opponents players and grab their men. Keep in mind this work for FFA, if duo or teamplay/squads were added you could do so remaining bots would go to alive allies upon death.

-Optional
So here's a few thoughts that could be cool but wouldn't be necesarry: Have some castles around the map perhaps 4-10 which would have NPC enemies defending them (Just 20-30 but better equipped). Taking these would grant big bonusses to your men being either horses for all your men, good armors and so forth and perhaps 2 groups of new high quality NPC's to your army to make up for the losses you get for taking it.

-The circle
I still haven't thought of a proper way to make the playable area smaller by time but some ideas are a huge forestfire, storm or siege weapons attacking you.

If you've got any suggestions or comments let me hear them, i'm not saying my idea is the 100% optimal way to go. But I thought it was worth sharing with you guys :smile: Also potentially if the modding in Bannerlord allows it, it could perhaps be made as a mod instead of an official "mode".

I mean id definitely try it out if someone made it but the Battle Royale fad is getting really annoying at this point. It would probably not be something that keeps players interested in it long term.

There is already a Battle Royale thread here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,375901.0.html

Use the search function please in the future.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom