- Fixed a crash that occurred when clicking on a militia or caravan's portrait in the settlement overlay menu.
- Fixed a crash that occurred while unlocking perks.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the main hero spoke with a disbanding party.
- Fixed a crash that occurred while executing prisoners.
- Fixed a crash that occurred in conversation with Radagos while “Rescue Your Family” quest was active.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when dead notables still had caravans.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when changing the culture of a character during character creation.
- Fixed a crash that occurred by crafting pieces that were missing from game files.
- Fixed a crash that occurred due to the “Beast Whisperer” perk when the game tried to give a mount to a party.
- Fixed a rendering crash that occurred when you entered a hideout.
- Fixed two crashes that occurred after the player cleared an alley.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a companion was solving the "Help With Outlaws" issue.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash after a player got a fief by bartering.
- Did a refactor to make the ItemRoster system faster and more stable.
- Reduced spikes during tableau generation for characters in UI.
- Performance improvements for crafting dagger pieces.
- Performance improvements for Vlandia village houses.
- Performance improvements for Khuzait houses.
- Minor text updates.
- Turkish localization updates.
- 14 new villages were added.
- 26 new battle terrains were added.
- Added new Sturgia Light Armour.
- Added new Highland Scale Over Mail Armour.
- Added some variety to existing shoulder armour pieces.
- Added new flax plantation and vineyard models for the campaign map.
- Various weapon improvements and fixed some bugs on weapons.
- Fixed direction issues on some seax knives.
- Fixed Bearded Axe’s handle issue.
- Training Ground (Tutorial Scene): Fixed a tree coming out of a house.
- Missing texture issue fixed for the dungeon in Revyl.
- Northern Light Harness skinning problems fixed.
- Various village improvements, fixed some bugs in villages.
- Visual improvements for Battania arena models.
- Fixed incorrect snow rendering on the outer mesh of the world map.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player's companions to play villager animations.
- Changed village lore to match new locations and changed the production of some villages.
- Fixed a bug that spawned the main hero in an unplayable area after heir selection.
- Fixed a minor campaign camera issue in which the camera got stuck on high terrain when moving to a location automatically.
- Settlement Nameplate Events
- Whenever a player gets in the viewing range of a settlement, they can see if there is a tournament or an issue available in that settlement without visiting it.
- Menu Shortcuts
- Now players can use shortcuts to take actions in the panel they're currently in. For example, Change tabs with Q-E(LB-RB), Take/Dismiss all with Z-C(LT-RT), Recruit all with Z(LT) etc.
- The game menu on the campaign map is now hideable. It will auto-open if there are any changes in the game menu.
- Removed "need to be in the same party" requirement for the character developer. You’ll now be able to grant perks to clan members without moving them to your party.
- Added a new option in “Gameplay Options” to control which order type to use (Radial or Bar).
- Saved game categories will now be sorted by their most recent save time. The most recently saved category will be on top.
- Personal kill feed skull will now show up white (instead of red) if the hit agent is unconscious.
- Added "Time of Day" selection to Custom Battle screen.
- Added equipment icons to custom battle heroes so players can examine them before the battle.
- Scoreboard after the battle (rewards section) now also lists lords that have fallen in the battle.
- Added variation to troops' types and faces in map conversation. No more same-face looters.
- Center time image (on map bar) has been turned into a button that resets the camera to a default position on click.
- Added colour to equipment in character portraits in the settlement overlay and used the correct equipment. These overlays will now vary more and be more colourful.
- Hovering over a hero's health on the party screen now gives detailed info about their health.
- Players can now “Copy and Paste” their weapon designs in Crafting with CTRL+C and CTRL+V.
- Added detail to the load game caution popup to convey which modules are new, which modules are missing and which modules' versions are different.
- Added error popup to the “Save/Load” screen that displays if the load action is unsuccessful.
- Changed "Talk" and "Quick Talk" to "Visit" and "Talk" in the character popup.
- Quick talk button is now disabled during the tutorial stage.
- Settlement Nameplate Events
- Fixed a bug that caused lords in map conversations to smirk easily and in illogical situations (wounded).
- Fixed a bug in tournaments that caused killfeed to show wrong colours for player's and their team's kills.
- Fixed a bug that caused duplicate heroes to show up in the clan encyclopedia page.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash on barter Auto-Offer.
- Fixed a bug that displayed wrong values for the "Casualties Inflicted" column in Kingdom Diplomacy tab.
- Fixed a bug that caused the close popup button to not be clickable in Inventory item preview.
- Fixed a bug that caused banners of enemies in the clan encyclopedia page to show up incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that caused texts in the escape menu not to be localized after language changes.
- Fixed a bug that caused modifiers for items to be removed on party screen resets.
- Fixed a bug that caused prisoner heroes to not be transferable.
- Fixed a bug that caused wrong wounded troop values to be shown in settlement tooltips.
- Fixed a bug that caused "gold change" text to disappear after a dialogue in the party screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the settlement overlay banner to not change on settlement owner change while the player is in town.
- Fixed a bug that caused conversation partners to show up in the wrong equipment in quick talk.
- Fixed a bug that caused localization of the tutorial panels and training field objectives to not change after a language change.
- Fixed a bug that caused localization of the settlement nameplate names to not change after a language change.
- Fixed a bug that caused beards of some 21-year-old heroes to disappear from their portraits.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect weapon tier values to be shown for multiple piece weapons.
- Fixed a bug that caused bandit cultures to be shown on the hero list page filters.
- Fixed a bug that caused wrong disabled reason text to be shown in the crafting screen.
- Made further changes on the head armours that some troops are using for readability and coherence purposes.
- The Highland Plaid Dress is now The Highland Peasant Dress. The Highland Peasant Dress is now The Highland Plaid Dress.
- Fixed a bug that caused the display of the deserting troops count to be wrong.
- Fixed a bug that caused encyclopedia text to be wrong for dead female empire characters.
- Fixed showing wrong companion names for clan roles in dialogues with our companions.
Battles and Sieges
- Photo Mode Implementation
- Photo mode functionality and interface was added to the singleplayer.
- Improved accuracy with ranged weapons while mounted.
- Target locking is implemented. Players can now lock their camera to an enemy with the middle mouse key by default.
- Base bow values have been changed to tune both the AI behaviour and the player experience.
- Fixed weapon skill-related damage being reported as perk related damage in combat.
- Mounted units can now get a morale penalty due to casualties within their own formation.
- Fixed a bug which prevented reloading of crossbows while mounted. This could have happened when the player was holding the movement buttons (while attempting a reload) or when the horse was standing still.
- A two-way dependency caused the position calculation to constantly change, causing formation AI defending a position to endlessly fidget about. This has been fixed.
Character Development System
- Added weapon knockdown mechanics. "Show of Strength" perk from the two-handed tree and "Hard Knock" perk from the polearm tree should now work properly.
- Added two-handed arrow deflection mechanics. "Arrow Deflection" perk from the two-handed tree should now let heroes deflect arrows and bolts while blocking with a two-handed sword.
- Added 9 combat-related roguery perks.
- Added 1 combat-related stewardship perks.
- Added 5 combat-related medicine perks.
- Added 6 different perk effects related to prisoner recruitment update which are now available to all NPC lords alongside the player.
- Added missing Veterinarian primary effect
- 30% chance per day to recover a lame horse.
- Changed Fortitude Tonic primary effect
- Increase the hitpoints of other heroes in your party by 10.
- Updated Veterans' Respect perk secondary effect
- You are able to convert bandits into regular troops.
- Hostile actions against caravans and villagers (Force them to give supplies, taking them prisoner, attacking them) now give Roguery experience.
- Recruiting bandits now gives Roguery experience.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to lose most of his/her weight after the first day of the game.
- Fixed various community reported perk problems.
Clan and Party
- A new feature named "Emissary System" has been added to the game. With this feature, when a companion or family member is left in a town or a castle, the main hero will gain relation with the nobles and notables in that town or castle with a success chance. This chance increases with the "Charm" skill. Additionally, when the companion or the family member gains relation, he/she will also gain some experience according to the importance of the hero whose relation was improved with (importance level: kingdom leader > clan leader > notable).
- The prisoner recruitment process has been changed completely.
- Each troop has required "conformity" value to be generated by the party, to be recruited. This value is based on troop tier, so that higher tier troops will be harder to recruit. Owner party will generate conformity per hour for a random troop. Higher Leadership level will generate more conformity.
- Recruiting bandits carries a culture penalty.
- NPC lords can now recruit prisoners.
- Marrying off clan members is now possible.
- From now on, family members can be used for issues' alternative solutions.
- Fixed a bug that caused companions to teleport when they were left in a settlement.
- Changed the “Price of Loyalty” perk effect to be seen when the perk belongs to the Quartermaster of the party as well.
- Fixed a bug that caused heroes to heal immediately.
- Fixed a bug that prevented children of Calradia from spawning when they became 18 years old.
- Fixed a bug that didn't allow the player to pick his/her child as their heir and also didn't allow children to have a party after becoming 18 years old.
- Fixed a bug that made the player’s family members stuck in the player’s settlements as prisoners.
- Fixed the “party speed not getting updated” bug after leaving an army.
Kingdoms and Diplomacy
- Rebellion feature added.
- Loyalty and security is affected by many things. A town being recently captured, starvation, mismatch of ruling clans culture and settlements culture, raided villages, governor skill perks, a strong garrison, kingdom policies etc.
- If Loyalty of a town drops below 25, Town starts to generate more militia. This militia represents armed and angry people of the settlement, thus as loyalty drops further less of them will join the defence in case of a siege.
- Once the growing militia feels stronger than the garrison, and if loyalty is below 15, rebellion occurs.
- The new rebellion clan will try to defend themselves while trying to establish their legitimacy. In 30 days time, they will form a legitimate clan and can start initiating diplomacy to join existing kingdoms.
- Rebellion clans are always on bad terms with their oppressor's.
- If the settlement owner's culture and settlement's culture are the same, the rebellion clan will have a bad relation with all the factions that share that culture.
- If the settlement owner’s culture and settlement’s culture are different, the rebellion clan will have a bad relation with all the factions that share the owner’s culture but will have a good relation with all the factions that share the settlement’s culture.
- Done a major work on keeping all kingdoms on the campaign map for a longer time. Now kingdoms make more comebacks even though they lost several towns. The map is now also more balanced during the late game and usually, all kingdoms have several towns.
- There was money inflation in the game, the money of all kingdoms was always increasing. This has been fixed.
- Players were making a profit when they declared war and made peace afterwards. This has been fixed. Kingdoms now usually want money for making peace with a weak player/player kingdom. Additionally, if the player breaks truce now his clan's aggressiveness increases and it will be a bit harder / more expensive to make new peace. The player now also loses relation with the rival king if he breaks the truce.
- Ensured all clans have at least one fief and that medium-tier clans have enough income.
- Ensured that each clan has two more adults than the number of parties for their tier (nP + 2).
- Players will get relation and renown bonuses after donating enemy prisoners to settlements.
- Ensured minor faction nobles have weapon skills.
- Ensured only kingdoms are shown in the kingdom diplomacy screen.
- Fixed a bug that led to AI clans to propose decisions even if they didn’t have enough influence.
- Fixed a bug that prevented minor faction heroes and notables from having traits and skills.
- Fixed a bug that caused some prisoners to not be released after peace declarations.
- Familial relations of the clan Fen Caernacht have been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that caused eliminated clans to retain settlement ownership.
Economy and Trade
- Reduced the weight of Long padded robe, Layered Robe and Highland Cloth.
- Fixed the bug caused by the perk effect on barter.
- Added console commands to unlock all crafting pieces and add crafting materials.
- Fixed the issue of crafted items appearing as a tournament prize.
Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)
- The number of notables was constantly decreasing. This has been fixed. The number of notables in towns and villages is now also related to the prosperity value of town and hearth value of village.
- Fixed the wrong display of gold earned in arena practise fights.
- Fixed the cinematic camera being spawned inside the player character during hideout cinematic transition.
- Fixed a bug that let towns have tournaments during a siege.
- Fixed the penalty miscalculation of the mounted training course.
- Barbers are now visible while pressing the "ALT" key in towns.
- Fixed a few issues related to getting renown and relation after helping villages in raid map events.
- Fixed a bug that caused NPC's to walk fast in civilian scenes.
Quests & Issues
- Main storyline quest "Destroy Raiders" has been implemented.
- Two new conspiracy quests named "Disrupt Supply Lines" and "Conspiracy Base of Operations" added to the game.
- Added a new quest - Village needs tools.
- Fixed a bug that failed the "Escort Caravan Quest" when the main hero helped the caravan.
- Headman Needs Grain
- Quest reward removed.
- Amount of requested goods increased.
- Increased relation bonus/reward given upon completion.
- "Borrowed Troops" are removed from the player's party if "Train Troops for X" quest fails with a timeout. When "Train Troops for X" is resolved, all "Borrowed Troops" turn into regular troops.
- "Needs to Deliver Herd" issue duration is increased to 30 days.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to get 20 success relation reward in the quest "Needs grain seeds".
- “Escort merchant caravan” quest did not fail when their gold or goods were taken. This has been fixed.
- "Merchant Needs Help with Bandits" quest is changed to work with all kinds of bandits.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Escort Caravan” quest to spawn a party with 0 troops.
- Fixed a bug that caused a temporary menu background to appear while waiting for the “Rival gang” quest.
- Players can no longer sell “Company of trouble” quest troops to family members.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Draught animal” quest to be incompletable.
- Fixed a bug related to the “Captured by Bounty Hunters” quest companion solution skill requirements.
- Fixed a bug that caused trained troops in the quest to stay in our party even if we send them to the quest giver.
- Fixed failing of “Escort Merchant Caravan” quest when the player traded with the caravan he was escorting..
- Did a refactor related to issue effects (will not affect gameplay).
- Fixed a bug that caused some quests to give relation with the quest giver twice.
- Fixed the bug that caused lame horses to block the “Lord Needs Horses” quest from completion.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Art of the Trade” quest dialogue to override other quests’ dialogue.
Conversations & Encounters
- Board games: you can now forfeit on enemies’ turn.
- Fixed a bug that set the main hero's relation to 100 with Tevea village's headman.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ransom broker's initial dialogue to disappear.
- Fixed a bug that caused some dialogues to be overridden by “Art of the Trade” quest dialogue.
- Fixed a bug that caused friendly NPCs to refuse to give a quest and treat the player like an enemy.
- Mercenary Guards are now classified as ranged units.
- “Custom Battle Heroes” is further refined for different weaponry and play styles.
- Harami units now require regular horses instead of war horses to upgrade.
- Our brother and sister no longer have purebloods. They now use regular horses.
- Fixed a template error causing some Sturgian lords to fight barefooted.
- The Imperial Crown no longer hides hair parts when worn.
- Changed Vlandian Footman's stats to improve his athleticism.
- Fixed a template error that caused steppe bandits to spawn with longbows.
- Improved the camera angle of the encyclopedia troop icons.
- Baravenos Encirclement
- Readjusted spawns for the last flags.
- Added some better cover for the attacker trebuchet.
- Many physics improvements (some ramps and planks would stop cavalry dead in their tracks).
- Improved terrain for low graphic settings.
- Adjusted the physics of some of the screens so that you can shoot through some parts.
- Moved some of the wall paintings to enable better callouts for alleyways.
- Physics improvements to ramps.
- Tsagaan Castle
- Positions, where players got stuck, are eliminated. Some of the high grounds are now also unreachable in order to have a balance between ranged and non-ranged troops.
Server & Network
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a player was reported in the lobby.
- Fixed a crash that occurred on the badge screen.
- Fixed a crash that happened between round transitions.
- Fixed a crash that happened when the battle was over.
- An unhandled exception in a column arrangement due to a case that happened when taking control of a friendly agent after dying was fixed.
- Online status of clan members can now be seen in the lobby roster.
- Added explanatory hints to recent game icons.
- Various minor tweaks and fixes.
- Visual bug in the multiplayer armour screen has been fixed.
- “Suggest to party” UI did not change when the player became the party leader. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed a crash which occurred when the game was closing.
- Fixed a crash which occurred after clicking the “Apply options” button.
- Fixed a crash which occurred during replay, equipment was calling an AI update code which led to a crash.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when quickly clearing the mounts of dead riders.
- Fixing a bug in the texture streaming system that should reduce texture popping.
- Improved flora fade in-out at far distances.
- Improved compression quality of the UI assets.
- Moved "ui_debug_mode" to user_config so that players can now use the hot reload function of the Gauntlet XMLs.
- Toggle UI command can also be given with CTRL + ALT + F10 shortcut (cheats need to be enabled).
- Added "DependentVersion" value to DependedModules in SubModules. If the DependentVersion is not the same as the currently installed version, a warning will be shown in the launcher before starting the game.
- Merlon text will not be shown anymore when looking at it.
- Added a warning message for out-of-date graphics drivers.
- The initial loading screen is now black instead of white.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to be stuck in loading.
- The loading time of scenes and battles has been improved.
- Both GPU and CPU memory usage has been reduced.
- Improved terrain rendering performance.
- Fixed various CPU memory leaks.
- Optimizations have been made for scripted objects in missions.
- Shield mechanic changes
- Increased the block cone for opposite direction blocks (weapon blocks to the opposite direction of an attack, will make more sense in regards to the weapon position and be ever so slightly easier).
- Made it slightly easier to hit around shields when they are in the wrong direction AND the user is rotated away. (Before you would be stopped by thin air too often, trying to hit around shields).
- For more details check this forum post.
- Agents with ranged weapons normally approach the enemy until they see them when they are given the charging order. When they weren't shooting due to a friend blocking their way, they didn't approach and stood in place despite being told to charge, now they do and also do minor sideway movements to increase the chance of seeing past their friends.
- Agent speed limits were decreased drastically while moving in formation, this proved a bit too much and was increased in some arrangement types closer to their previous value.
- The AI targeting system ignored a value while evaluating the player's point. This has been fixed.
- Combat animations are now disallowed while dismounting in order to prevent various animation problems.
- Players are now allowed to press the Crouch/Dismount key at high speeds to automatically dismount from their mounts by slowing down first.
- Decreased the time for cavalry AI to increase its distance between the enemy in order to charge back again, to a certain value.
- Fixed a bug in passive attacks such as couched lance and braced spear in which the opposite direction or the weapon was able to give damage to the enemy.
- Console command line execution output will no longer be limited by an internal limit.
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Modding Kit now has a "Beta" version which can be enabled in the same way you enable "Beta" for our base game. IMPORTANT: The base game version must match with the modding kit version in order to work properly. For example, if you have your base game on the latest Beta, then you must also switch the modding kit to the latest beta. You can enable beta by right-clicking on Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Modding Kit in your Steam library -> Properties -> BETAS -> Select the beta from the dropdown menu.
- Added 3 skeletons (human, horse, camel) which you can find in the "ROOT/modding_resources/skeletons" folder.
- Textures are now correctly shown when a new module is used with the base game.
- Debug modes like “show albedo/normals” etc. have been enabled.
- "Terrain layers faulty render when entered as mission" has been fixed.
- GI probe editing UX has been improved.
- Fixed a visual bug which caused path barriers to be non-transparent.
- Fixed auto-reload of module related XML files.
Beta Hotfix (25/12/2020)
- Fixed a crash that occurred while loading the launcher. (Also in the main hotfix.)
- Fixed a multiplayer crash that occurred when a player joined a Captain game when the new round had already started.
- Fixed a multiplayer server crash that occurred when a player died.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the UI update was called before the UI was properly created.
- Fixed a bug that caused the multiplayer server and clients to crash.
- Fixed the scene names on the loading screens.
- Fixed a crash that occurred while loading the launcher.
- Fixed a crash that occurred while loading the launcher. (Also in the main hotfix.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred on the Badge screen in the Multiplayer Lobby.
- Fixed a crash that occurred after heir selection if the spouse was selected as the heir and they were in a fugitive state.
- Fixed a crash caused by corrupted save files because of some unfinished raids.
- Fixed an issue where mercenary soldiers cost more than the shown amount.
- Added the quest givers name in Landlord Needs Manual Labor quest dialogues.
- Fixed a crash that occurred while the Lady's Knight Out quest was active and the quest giver left her settlement.
- Fixed an issue with newly added keyboard and controller keys not using the default keys.
- Reflective Friendly Fire damage has been added to Custom Siege servers. 10% to Friend and 30% to Self. Please note that, if you are playing as defenders you will be damaged if you hit your team's siege weaponry, castle gates and doors.
- Added the missing Loading Screen images for these maps: Ebereth Hillfort (Captain), Cliffs of Akkalat (Captain), Xauna - Winter (Skirmish), Castle of Fen Altai - Winter (Siege), Nord Town - Winter (TDM).