Bannerlord... A Few Things Lost While Somethings Gained.

Users who are viewing this thread

So your a troll from Steam with nothing useful to add but Silly Youtube videos. No comment on current game status or how much has been left out of Bannerlord.

I bet your a moderator on Steam because you're a major troll, why do you bother with threads if your unwilling to participate in conversation yet troll it for argument's sake.

I came here to talk about the game, what's it's gained and what's now missing but the trolls from the Steam network decided to use this platform to continue there little troll habits instead of talk about the Game. Your ban happy little trolls from steam stay out of my posts.

So your a troll from Steam with nothing useful to add but Silly Youtube videos. No comment on current game status or how much has been left out of Bannerlord.

I bet your a moderator on Steam because you're a major troll, why do you bother with threads if your unwilling to participate in conversation yet troll it for argument's sake.

I came here to talk about the game, what's it's gained and what's now missing but the trolls from the Steam network decided to use this platform to continue there little troll habits instead of talk about the Game. Your ban happy little trolls from steam stay out of my posts.
you're*

As you can see by the little icon thing under my name, I spent quite a bit of time on these forums - not steam ones, those are a cesspool.

I posted that video because you not only thought it necessary to post multiple screen filling rants but to also NOT care at all about formatting or making them readable. Now, sometimes the length might be needed to explain something in detail, but in most cases you should be able to make your point in a more concise way.

Lastly, in case you actually believe I'm defending this game, here's the Bannerlord ID I picked for Multiplayer:
fN3210x.png

I've argued about this game plenty, and I'd do so more, but not in threads that are just textwall after textwall.

Well if your going to point out some grammar errors well then your missing the point of my thread.
It's not that i hate Bannerlord it just has some differences compared to the older games.

I'm getting more used to the new layout of bannerlord, i have found some details are in different areas of the game now like (relationship status) is on the portrait of characters when you look at them in keeps, but certain things lack about the newer game, getting married there is no longer a ceremony with all friends being at the hall, something from older worlds i liked.

This game just doesn't give me a page with a full run down on character status which i expected on the Encyclopedia page or at the very least more detail in the party page.

Where is the player kills listed now? i figured they would of made a separate page of captured & killed enemies over your lifetime for the encyclopedia. Renown is now a tier level thing required for more companions & family members. The old game did list the number of kills your character had.

Please learn to dissect your paragraph, there's more than a few things lost, diplomacy in Bannerlord is nonexistent, kingdom management is non existent or lackluster, the game really needed ministers for running your own kingdom, treasury, patrols, policies and much more they add.

But that's all minor things when compared with full conversion mods, something tells me Bannerlord is never getting any, just more difficult to make them due to the graphically advanced engine and lack of proper tools.

If we are to compare Bannerlord against Warband with mods like Clash of Kings, Brytenwalda, The Last Days of The Third Age, Gekokujo, it can go home and pack right now, it doesn't stand a chance with it's nexus mods.

Warband is still the best they have made and it's a complete game which is a rare delicacy these days, Bannerlord offers improvements in inventory, interface and the character progression system (when it works) but this is all nothing compared to mods that offers new worlds and settings within Warband.

With a few more years of development Bannerlord could be truly amazing, and therein lies the problem, it won't get the time it needs to complete and without complete modding tools the game has no future.

Please learn to dissect your paragraph, there's more than a few things lost, diplomacy in Bannerlord is nonexistent, kingdom management is non existent or lackluster, the game really needed ministers for running your own kingdom, treasury, patrols, policies and much more they add.

But that's all minor things when compared with full conversion mods, something tells me Bannerlord is never getting any, just more difficult to make them due to the graphically advanced engine and lack of proper tools.

If we are to compare Bannerlord against Warband with mods like Clash of Kings, Brytenwalda, The Last Days of The Third Age, Gekokujo, it can go home and pack right now, it doesn't stand a chance with it's nexus mods.

Warband is still the best they have made and it's a complete game which is a rare delicacy these days, Bannerlord offers improvements in inventory, interface and the character progression system (when it works) but this is all nothing compared to mods that offers new worlds and settings within Warband.

With a few more years of development Bannerlord could be truly amazing, and therein lies the problem, it won't get the time it needs to complete and without complete modding tools the game has no future.
The game for sure needs more time in the oven in development because it's missing so much older games offered.

The questing is boring now, they seem to make it so easy now.
herding for example in the original M&B a cow icon would pop on the map you then had to try and move it in the correct direction by sorta pushing the animals in the right direction across the map with the party which could prove to be problematic because you were likely to run into bandits moving wild cattle over long distances.
Then they changed it over the years from mods to the cattle auto followed you instead of herding the animals the right direction.
Bannerlord it's dumber still Cattle just sit in inventory, Horse's now add to carry compacity while other cattle just add weight to that compacity.

You used to have an inventory skill now it's more based on how many horse's you have spare in inventory rather then skill.

The new Tier System has slowed game pace down were the game had more freedom before, you were not restricted by tier level having companions you only required attribute & some skill for leadership.

Companions have no personality like older games which wasn't much anyway, they could of improved personalities in Bannerlord & quests related to them for loyalty bonus. The A.I for companions is the exact same from M&B 12 years ago, dumb as a door nob & weaker then a toffy coated apple.

While there has been some improvements in looks i see a backward step in core mechanics of the game which had built up so much over the years with world mods and the ideas implemented in some of those worlds. Warband is a solid game with a bulk of great world mods to back it.

I feel Bannerlord is still majorly under construction as they are constantly updating & changing the mechanics so much so at times it puts me off playing, it was also the reason i stopped creating mods way back with warband because they would break world mods with new code they changed core mechanics you had changed for a mod.

I would say Wedding Dance from the original M&B with censorship patch still has better gameplay then Bannerlord with it's fancy graphics and boring new system. Warband i would say one of the better worlds i have played is A WORLD OF ICE & FIRE... a Game of Throne's world mod for Warband that i highly recommend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom