Version number
e1.5.7
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-03-04_00.58.49_350b6211b1cd885418ccbbddbc3d5cdf
Summary: I have installed Bannerlord on PC (on a computer that I've played before about launch times, but with a formatted Windows which is same edition) and whenever I try to start a campaign, it crashes with "application faced a problem native" error. I use no mods, custom battles work without any issue, have no save games to try to load. But cannot start campaign in any way. Tried each and every single step in https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/crash-checklist.431690/ but no use. Even fresh reinstall did not fix my issue. Could you please check what may be wrong? Would be much appreciated.
How to Reproduce: Well, nothing in particular. Start a native "New Campaign".
Scene Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video): -
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 Mobile
GPU Driver Version: 461.72
CPU: Intel i7 6700 HQ
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
Motherboard: ASUSTeK GL502VS
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 240 GB SSD (system) + 1 GB HDD (game files)

I have played this game on this computer which had the same operating system before without any issues for 37 hours during version 0.x.x times. Well, I have reinstalled Windows since then but reinstalled the same edition, Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit. So implying that even though Windows and game builds are not exactly the same today, I had no issues with playing the game on this computer and Windows edition beforehand.

Have you ever used mods in this game version?

Go to "C:\Users\[your user]\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" and right click "Game Saves" and select Properties.
Go to the "Security" Tab and under the section labeled "Group or Username", check if your user is on it.
If it is, select it, and look to the section below it and see if "Allow" is checked by all of the permissions except "Special Permissions"

Last edited:
Have you ever used mods in this game version?

Go to "C:\Users\[your user]\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" and right click "Game Saves" and select Properties.
Go to the "Security" Tab and under the section labeled "Group or Username", check if your user is on it.
If it is, select it, and look to the section below it and see if "Allow" is checked by all of the permissions except "Special Permissions"
I have never used mods in Bannerlord yet. As for the suggestion, there was no issue with it but thanks for the suggestion.

We are aware of this crash. Developers are working towards a fix but we can't give an estimate. Thanks for reporting.
I see, it is a really interesting bug then. Hopefully it would get fixed soon. Thanks for the clarification and information. ^^

Can you guys try a clean install and try to reproduce the issue again?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Back
Top Bottom