Bannerlord 2: Authentic African Face

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys, with the upcoming release of Bannerlord 2 I got myself into the beta character creation to forge a worthy face for my soon to exist belligerent hero. I wanted to make him look as similar to me as possible, hence the goal of an African look. This was not easy...

So for anyone whom is also looking to give one of their characters a similar appearance I just wanted to provide a decent reference which should make the process easier for you. I deliberately did not select any facial hair for all but the last image so you could see the face clearly and judge whether its to your liking. This is not a retarded face - 100% as accurate as I could do it given the (much improved relative to warband) but still somewhat restrictive character creation sliders. I need some short/long afro hairstyles, TW please I'm beggi - ahem. His cranium/temples looks a bit too large but I set temple size to minimum already so that cant be helped. Adding a hairstyle pretty much solves that issue anyway. If you want to see the sliders go to the post on imgur by clicking the link below. See you on the battlefield!

EDIT: A helpful user @lockefeer has enlightened me on how to directly paste my character settings here, so all you need to do is copy the text below then go to the Character customization/edit screen in game and press CTR+V:

<BodyProperties version="4" age="25" weight="0.5" build="0.6" key="002D5C0FC0B403002E801214480582AE10CF85378E790C033EFFB8E9840773C001B976130BC771120000000000000000000000000000000000000000017C2042" />

link to Imgur:
In armour:

kC4D3O8.png

Last edited:
That looks good man, accurate. If you want to share your character with others, just CTRL + C in character edit screen and paste it here. To apply it just copy the text and and CTRL + V in the edit screen. This way you can store different characters in notepad for future use.

The Face looks really good. We deffently need much more Hairstyles in general.

That looks good man, accurate. If you want to share your character with others, just CTRL + C in character edit screen and paste it here. To apply it just copy the text and and CTRL + V in the edit screen. This way you can store different characters in notepad for future use.

That is good trick to know.

Nice. Also need real asian looks. Khuziats are more from the northern region.
Your method would be good for my Zande Warriors.

I agree with you on this, it's not easy to create an African look, we've chatted with the facegen artist and will try to improve on this part.
However we already have short and long afro hair models:

BKcIUqa.jpg

HKUwICw.jpg

6p8vKJQ.jpg
1ndS1Qm.jpg

fr1p6HL.jpg

I agree with you on this, it's not easy to create an African look, we've chatted with the facegen artist and will try to improve on this part.

BKcIUqa.jpg

HKUwICw.jpg

6p8vKJQ.jpg
1ndS1Qm.jpg

fr1p6HL.jpg
We also need some asian skin types I can make my character look asian a bit but it would better with proper skins

No eyes don't look asian enough even when I max out monolit raise eyebrows etc
Yeah. The current asians are more mongol/nomatic type. Main factions that people want to replicate are the Chinese dynasties, Japan, and southeast asian countries. A fb post already showed a group working on Vietnamese historical mods.

BKcIUqa.jpg

HKUwICw.jpg

6p8vKJQ.jpg
1ndS1Qm.jpg
O
fr1p6HL.jpg
OMG a dev commented on my thread, that's so cool. *Bows respectfully*

Thanks for taking notice of the thread and responding Alieser. I have full confidence that the facegen artist and everyone else contributing to the feature will be able to enhance customisation even further. Also wanna re-emphasize how much of an improvement this is from warband really, well done!

You are correct about hairstyles, let me refine what I meant. I would like some shorter (even shorter than the top image you shared) more 'compact' afro hairstyles' as well as a few *more* longer braid/cornrow types I recall there is currently 1 available but it would be nice for more variations to be added. The beard is nice, as my character ages I may switch to it.

Thanks again! :grin:

Last edited:
Thank you friend. I have included my character code/text in my opening post now. I never knew about it at all, makes things much easier for everyone. cheers for the advice.

Last edited:
OMG a dev commented on my thread, that's so cool. *Bows respectfully*

Thanks for taking notice of the thread and responding Alieser. I have full confidence that the facegen artist and everyone else contributing to the feature will be able to enhance customisation even further. Also wanna reemphasize how much of an improvement this is from warband really, well done!

You are correct about hairstyles, let me refine what I meant. I would like some shorter (even shorter than the top image you shared) more 'compact' afro hairstyles' as well as a few *more* longer braid/cornrow types I recall there is currently 1 available but it would be nice for more variations to be added. The beard is nice, as my character ages I may switch to it.

Thanks again! :grin:
It would increase flexibility if one can use a slider for hair and bread length.

The Face looks really good. We deffently need much more Hairstyles in general.

That is good trick to know.
I appreciate it man. Regarding your second point, Indeed more would be nice. I wouldnt put it past TW to add a few more over the course of EA or maybe in a bundle all at once - either way I'm anticipating they aren't quite done yet.

Last edited:
He looks like the Isaac from Castlevania series ^^
Glad you like it. I had to look up the character - I see what you mean. Totally a coincidence though. I was analysing faces online, and my own face too but to be honest, not much of my face is conveyed. Not that I'm bothered as I was still able to created something authentic which fits my vision.

Glad you like it. I had to look up the character - I see what you mean. Totally a coincidence though. I was analysing faces online, and my own face too but to be honest, not much of my face is conveyed. Not that I'm bothered as I was still able to created something authentic which fits my vision.
Nice job dude, you rock!

Back
Top Bottom