Bannerlord 1.7.2 - Personal review

Users who are viewing this thread

Alphα

Section Moderator
Hi all!

It's been a while since I posted here. I've been waiting quite some time in order to let the developers polish the game before getting my hands back on it. I must say, it's nicely coming along. I'm really enjoying it, it has been a blast to start a fresh new campaign and to be honest, it has been very addictive ahah.
Almost all the features are here. Nonetheless I still have few comments to bring on, I hope these will help in a way.

My state of the game:
I'm currently playing Vanilla Bannerlord Campaign, version 1.7.1. I turned on realistic difficulty. No cheat codes here. However I'm still able to load a save. Around 40+ play hours.

01.PNG
02.PNG
  • Day 1600+
  • Character lvl25
  • 800K Gold remaining
  • Got my own kingdom
    • 4 clans
    • 2 Cities
    • 2-3 Castles
  • Party size : 403
  • Renown: 7300+
  • Few Companions
  • Clan Tier 6 (max)

Let's start about the issues I've encountered.

• Sieges: some siege are still a bit broken. AI stuck at the bottom of the ladders. Defenders AI not staying onto the walls to block ennemies on the sides, mostly where the ladders are setup.
  • Main Campaign mission is broken. At my state, having an imperial kingdom, I'm forced to be in a perpetual conflict with 3 other major kingdoms as (Vlandia, Aserai and Sturgia). It seems that the peace notification is broken. It keeps popping out before it instantly disappears. So we can't offer peace and we do have to struggle with so many wars in the meantime, which increase the difficulty by a lot.
    unknown.png
  • I know it's not a real issue, but the new formation system is not really optimal. We should be able to separate units into bespoke groups like we did before.
  • Some in game formations are not working properly. Loose or scatter formation can make my units closer to each other sometime and I've been unable to make my ranged fellas shoot.
  • My daily party wage window seems broken or lacking information. The previous one was way better. At least as an overwiew you should show all category incomes in the same window.

Some thoughts:

• Would be amazing to have more informations concerning the perks of the companions before hiring them. So far it has been a bit random for me, except some hint in their names or stories.
  • Can we re-introduce the banquet / tournament system? So that we can gather lords at the same place to be able to increase our relations or at least talk to some of them and avoid us to search for so long.
  • As a king we need the feature to give individual orders to the lords / heroes as (attack / defend / go / stay to this place, join X army, follow me, find lord etc..)
  • As a castle / city owner I would have expected to be able to talk to my prisoners. So far you just can't which is unrealistic.
  • Prisoners are escaping too fast, even if my dungeon is level 3 or so. I feel like it's useless to keep them into settlements.
  • We need to be able to recruit prisonners way much faster, this feature it has been useless for me so far, even with the 50% perks.
  • Pregnancy feature is way too random. We need some explanation on that. Would be great to have the opportunity to have more wife or at least got babies from another woman.
  • I feel like my character leveling takes way too long. Mostly about XP. Learning rates and perks sems alright.
  • Thinking on adding features to manage villages as we do for castle and towns would add some more gameplay
  • Why not using harbour as different settlement ? Implementing feature to use and manage them could be awesome.
  • Main quest feels still too boring to do. Add it some life.
  • Relations are too easy to get with your clans. Make it a bit harder, for example if they do not have any fiefs their relation towards you decrease much faster.
  • Mercenaries are a bit random, I don't know how much they will cost before hiring them.
  • At the start of the game I get the opportunity to enroll my brother which was too OP in the party. Maybe lower his level and skills at the beginning ?

I might add more bullet points later,
I hope this helps. Keep the hard work @TaleWorlds

Best regards,
Alphα

Could you please post this in the right forum section so the devs can take care of it:

nvm that, after more many months I came back here just to see some post describing the state of the game, this post was Ace. Game's basically on the same page as it was on late 2020.
Slow progress, lack of objectives, lack of basic Warband features, clunky UI, crooked siege AI. Don't need to read more, don't have to scout the forums to find the info I was looking for. It was great having this post here.

I always come and check this sort of info so I know if I want to download it and try again or not. In 2 years, not even once I felt like doing so, but I give that I didn't uninstall it until spring (northern hemisphere spring) 2021 if I'm not mistaken, yet I wasn't playing, hence why I decided to delete the game and wait. Seems I'll be waiting more, with some luck by the end of this year we might get something worthy, either through more significant updates or through some wild mod that fixes the game.

Can we re-introduce the banquet / tournament system? So that we can gather lords at the same place to be able to increase our relations or at least talk to some of them and avoid us to search for so long.
This!! #BringBackFeasts

Modders have shown it is possible:
As a castle / city owner I would have expected to be able to talk to my prisoners. So far you just can't which is unrealistic.
Talking to prisoners was added in 1.7.2 beta, and it's good! You can even convert enemy clan leaders while they are your prisoner, or talk to prisoners you didn't capture yourself.
Prisoners are escaping too fast, even if my dungeon is level 3 or so. I feel like it's useless to keep them into settlements.
The base daily escape chance is 3.75% from dungeons in towns/castles you own. You can reduce that 3.75 by 25% with the Prison Architect perk, by 20% with the Sweet Talker perk, and by 50% with the Mounted Patrols perk. Making it very unlikely for prisoners to escape.

You can also make it impossible for prisoners to escape a moving party with the Fleet Footed perk (-30% escape chance), Mounted Patrols (-50% escape chance), and Keen Sight (-50% escape chance).
At the start of the game I get the opportunity to enroll my brother which was too OP in the party. Maybe lower his level and skills at the beginning ?
No thanks, I think the brother being strong is good as it gives you a reason to play the main quest. Otherwise you're doing all these difficult quests for very little benefit.

This!! #BringBackFeasts

Modders have shown it is possible:

Talking to prisoners was added in 1.7.2 beta, and it's good! You can even convert enemy clan leaders while they are your prisoner, or talk to prisoners you didn't capture yourself.

The base daily escape chance is 3.75% from dungeons in towns/castles you own. You can reduce that 3.75 by 25% with the Prison Architect perk, by 20% with the Sweet Talker perk, and by 50% with the Mounted Patrols perk. Making it very unlikely for prisoners to escape.

You can also make it impossible for prisoners to escape a moving party with the Fleet Footed perk (-30% escape chance), Mounted Patrols (-50% escape chance), and Keen Sight (-50% escape chance).

No thanks, I think the brother being strong is good as it gives you a reason to play the main quest. Otherwise you're doing all these difficult quests for very little benefit.

Cheers! Thanks for the additional information mate.

Back
Top Bottom