Resolved Banner Editor Not Giving An Option To Change Background Color

Users who are viewing this thread

tasteofitaly

Recruit
So when I first started the game, I had my banner background black and the sigil color gold. I ended up joining the Khuzait as a vassal and my banner changed to match their colors. But after completing the Dragon banner questline, I decided to form a non-emperial kingdom. To do this, I had to leave the Khuzaits. After doing that, I tried to change my banner back to the same color scheme I had before, since now I was my own kingdom, but the banner editor doesn't even give me an option for picking a background color(see image below). So now my banner is stuck on the khuzait color. I can change the sigil color, but not the background.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, is there a way to fix it?

sayj6U0.png

I've also been having this problem and just managed to find something that's a workaround, for me at least.

Install the kingdom color changer mod and override your player faction colour. I had to use a dll unblocker to get the game to not crash.

Once you're in the game with the override, the banner editor will let you change your background colour. Set the banner to whatever you want, save the game, then reload without the mod. The colour should have been changed properly.

I know this was a long time ago, but I just had the same problem, and figured out that you have to change the banner before you create your new kingdom, as the option is missing afterwards. So I leave kingdom, then change banner, then create kingdom and speak to Arzagos

I've been informed that this is not a bug but an intended choice.
Towards those in QA: Is there a tutorial somewhere or a warning that would inform us these are choices we have to make before we start crossing the Rubicon? Some of these "choices" need to be addressed before stumbling across the answer to our problems. It is frustrating to discover this AFTER playing for hundreds of hours and realizing that we've made a mistake because the instructions were not available.

It would be acceptable if my clan had reverted to my chosen colours after I left the Western Empire and created a kingdom but it didn't.

I now have the choice to either play my Kingdom with the same colour as the Western Empire or try to find some way of changing code or something.

If anyone has a solution or a working mod I'd appreciate it.

It would be acceptable if my clan had reverted to my chosen colours after I left the Western Empire and created a kingdom but it didn't.
It seems like a bug by itself. My banners always had reverted to my chosen colours after I had left any faction, so I have tried to reproduce your issue out of curiosity.
I was succesful in that, and I have found what causes this bug - if you change something in your banner while being in a faction, it won't get back to its previous design/state, but if you never touch it while being in a faction, then this bug won't occur.

I have also found another bug with banner colours - if you are independent clan and have switched background and sigil colours compared to factions' banners, then after joining a faction you can pick same colour for banner's sigil as banner's background colour of your faction, so you have your whole banner in one color (there is very small difference between sigil and background, but it's basically the same colour).
(Edit: For example for Vlandia there is still visible colour difference, but for Sturgia it is almost impossible to spot.)

@MArdA TaleWorlds, please let me know if I need to make new bug report(s) for both of the bugs above, or this post alone is just fine for this purpose. If needed, I can also provide more info or video here in regard of these bugs.

Last edited:
That makes sense.

I resolved my issue by leaving (and thus dissolving) my Kingdom, changing my Colours, and then remaking the kingdom.

A bit of a ridiculous contorted method to simply change a colour but I guess that's 'Working as intended'.

Another point would be that this is the first time I've made a kingdom since it was changed to 'Ask a governor'. I didn't have a clue how to do it. The quest says talk to Istina but when you ask her about it she just tells you about which imperial faction you should join. I'm sure there's a reason for the change but would help if the game didn't lead you to a dead end.

The bug that CptMuppet is referring to is not that Kingdom colours cannot be changed.

When you leave a kingdom, if you have at any point changed your emblem while a member of that kingdom then it seems that you will not revert back to your original chosen banner colours. You will retain the colours of the kingdom you have just left. This happened to me and it is what CptMuppet reproduced.

Thank Gods i found this and a workaround for this issue. This certainly is a bug cause i was a merc and when i left my colours didnt change back to the original colour one time and i didnt catch on till i made a kingdom. My version of the workaround was to load just before i made the kingdom. Joined a faction, left right away then it allowed me to fix my clans banner. I was bout to lose it and throw the campaign away after a week into this one only cause i refused to have the colours i didnt want as my personal kingdom one.

I've been informed again that this is not a bug but an intended design choice. Players can't change the banner when they are the ruler of a kingdom. And the suggestion to change this was rejected internally sadly.
Rejected? For what reason? Lazyness? Too much choises for a player to enjoy his/her game?

I started the game with one castle (Cultured start mod's choise?), and so my kingdom existed when the game started.
And I have to play with this brown colour flag field. And my team-colored armors as brown.
SUX.
Stupid decision from the developers.

Back
Top Bottom