SP Native Banner Command - Native Voice Control

Users who are viewing this thread

WJz9FND.png

Download Here

Command your troops using your voice without the need for an external program running in the background.

Also requires BannerLib

=====================================================
How To Use

• When in battle, press and hold Q to give commands to your troops. Most of the commands can be said in exactly the same way as your character says them when you are manually issuing the commands. If you want to see exactly what phrases work, or wish to add your own alternate phrases, see Information Section 1 below.
  • This mod uses BannerLib for adding a new hotkey which can be changed in the in-game keybindings menu.
  • Commands can be prefaced by choosing multiple units e.g. "Infantry, Archers, Form a Line" or "Cavalry, Horse Archers, Charge"
  • Unlike vanilla you can tell mounted units to dismount or mount without being forced to toggle back and forth. (This is something that those 3rd party voice macros can't achieve.) This also works with "fire at will / hold fire" as well as delegating command.

=========================================================
Installation
=========================================================

1. Extract to "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\"
2. Enable in the launcher

Information

1. Adding more phrases for commands

Command variations can be added or changed by editing the SpeechRules.XML file located within the BannerCommand/bin/Win64_Shipping_Client/ folder.
Example
Code:
<rule id="charge" scope="private">
    <one-of>
        <item>charge</item>
        <item>charge the enemy</item>
    </one-of>
</rule>

In the example above that is taken from the SpeechRules.xml file, you can add a new item such as in Example 2
Example 2
Code:
<rule id="charge" scope="private">
    <one-of>
        <item>charge</item>
        <item>charge the enemy</item>
        <item>destroy</item>
    </one-of>
</rule>

Some rules may only currently have a single item such as in Example 3
Example 3
Code:
<rule id="retreat" scope="private">
    <item>retreat</item>
</rule>

To give these commands more options, just surround the existing item with <one-of> </one-of> and add a new entry such as in Example 4
Example 4
Code:
<rule id="retreat" scope="private">
    <one-of>
        <item>retreat</item>
        <item>run away like cowards</item>
    </one-of>
</rule>

2. Adjusting for other languages
If you are not a native english speaker and wish to translate the commands to use your native tongue, you can edit the top of the SpeechRules.XML to use your native language code which can be found HERE.

Troubleshooting
The game can't detect my voice.

1. Try opening the BannerCommand.xml file and setting UsePTT to false and see if the voice detected icon appears on your hud when you're attempting to give commands.
  2. If you have an MSI motherboard and use the Nahimic Utility, turn it off as it tends to interfere with the audio stack and prevents many programs that use speech recognition from working.
  3. Run Windows Speech Recognition and see if it works. If not then there may be some sort of configuration issue. There should be many resources online for getting this working.

Last edited:
So I'm curious about the workflow here in-game.. I press 1 for Infantry, then I press (and hold?) Q and then say "Charge". Then I press 2 for Archers, then I press (and hold?) Q and then say "Loose Formation", etc?

Bioxx, some commands like "infantry form a shield wall" are recognized but not carried out. To further explain, a little text pops up and says "command (blank) recognized" but troops don't follow the command.

Back
Top Bottom