Resolved Bannelord Latest Version 1.5.6 Won't Open

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.6.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Uhm i am trying to play bannerlord after quite a long time so i updated the game and launched it through steam but the launcher won't show up only the cursor changes and after 5-7 seconds it closes and steam shows the status as "not running" and gives the button to launch again. I have Deleted all my mods, reinstalled the game, Deleted the Documents folder, Verified Integrity of files but to no avail. I just want to play some multiplayer but i can't since the launcher won't show up.

Edit :- I tried to launch the game through the directory (i.e. via Bannerlord.exe in the the win64_shipping folder) and it launched and can play it without problems i hope this helps.
Edit 2 :- Singleplayer works fine so far but i cannot play multiplayer which is a bummer as i want to play multiplayer :/

Last edited:
Hi! Did you remove the mods by following the instructions in this article? If you did, could you please follow the steps here to solve your possible crash and launching problems? Please let me know if the problem persists. Thanks in advance.

Hi! Did you remove the mods by following the instructions in this article? If you did, could you please follow the steps here to solve your possible crash and launching problems? Please let me know if the problem persists. Thanks in advance.
Yes i removed the mods according to instruction, after removing the mods i even did a reinstall. The Game is working fine when i launch the game through Bannerlord.exe or Bannerlord_BE.exe the game runs fine both single and multiplayer. The Only thing which is crashing is the launcher itself. The launcher when run just changes the cursor for 10 seconds before auto-closing it self no matter how you launch it (i.e Through steam or through the win64_shipping folder).

Game is crashing on Multiplayer Launching
Try deleting the contents of the folder below and try again.
"Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Data\Native"
Greetings, I think you quite misunderstood the issue Single player and Multiplayer are both working when launching the game through bannerlord_BE.exe inside the Wind64_shipping folder. It the launcher which is crashing

IF you can't launch the game, the safest bet is the clean install. But you can try to remove the mods.
Especially check this message:
Even after the new hotfix for the launcher crashing, my launcher was still crashing, after removing the files i had from "fixed launcher" everything was back to normal, it's working fine now, if u want to give a try, delete this files

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

IF you can't launch the game, the safest bet is the clean install. But you can try to remove the mods.
Especially check this message:

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.
I have already performed a clean install after removing the mods and removed the documents folder as u can see from my first post.

I can assure i can launch the game through D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
but i cannot i launch the launcher itself through steam

Back
Top Bottom