Banned / Kick / Problem player list

Users who are viewing this thread

Daegoth said:
Nate said:
As a Warband Beta admin, I'm requesting for two improvements to the current kick/ban system. I'm bringing it up because your PM to Mahud mentioned improvements to the banning system, so I was hoping I could get my two cents in before the next patch in case you find it useful.

It would be helpful if we could set the ban times rather than having them always be permanent. When deciding between a kick or a ban for the dedicated troublemakers, I feel like I'm choosing between a slap on the wrist and the electric chair. The system hasn't been too problematic, as the beta has kept the number of players limited and therefore manageable, but I believe this will become a more important issue when the game is released.

Another feature I would like implemented is 'kick/ban reasons.' For example, if a player was kicked for team killing excessively, he would receive a message written by the admin describing the reason(s) for the kick, and the kick message would display in the text window for all the players on the server. Oftentimes, I do not kick troublemakers because I don't have a way to tell them why they were kicked, such as when I'm dead and they're alive. Kick/ban reasons would help remedy that. The displaying of the kick/ban message in the text window for all players would also help inform players which kind of behaviors are not permitted on official servers.

Thanks for your time,

Nate

Sorry for the late response, we are very busy in these days. Unfortunately we think that banning system is enough for people to manage a game server. Game master always has an unban option.

Cem

true, + we can probably make mod an admin mod.
I'll look into that. (tommorrow, first I have an appointment with my bed)

edit;

I already checked it before, you can let the server check whether someone is an admin, so I suppose - I havent checked this part yet - that you can let the server recognize if someone in the chat says; !warn FrisianDude, do not intentionally teamkill or kick/ban.
After that it should check whether the player who said that is an admin, if so it should do a message like auto balance saying "FrisianDude, do not intentionally teamkill or kick/ban."
The first and last thing is possible AFAIk, the checking for !warn I am unsure though.
edit2;
If it works it could also be used to tell living players something when an admin is dead. for example:
!warn You are both running the other way, try coming back to central ruin.
(So people don't have to wait watching those 2 guys trying to find eachother.

14:47:59 - Mr_Smokey started a poll to ban player nK_Halcyon.

Smokey's ID is 255630

in case you were following it, this is the player who temp banned Halcyon. If you see mr smokey, have a word with him explaining what the ban poll is for.

I banned someone for repeatedly opening the gate while being a defender. I + players in the game have warned him (and others) aplenty.

For how much trash talk he said against me after kicking him, I was about to. But then he finally shut up after being given an ultimatum. (Or he continued to bash me in his team chat, which I couldn't see. I'll have to check the logs.)

you gotta give us a little more to go on. Part of these logs serve as records in case a dispute occurs. The name "Black" would be a perfectly acceptable name in warband

I can't remember the first one!  The server logs will bear me out.  I didn't plan to do anything, because he complied and changed his name from "A_Black_Man" after the second warning, but he began spamming chat with inanities and insults, so I lost patience and banned him.

ok sounds good. I'll post some of the log excerpts, including any other aliases he uses, here so we have them on record for the future.

its not that I doubt you scipio, its just that having a record here really helps you in the long run in case someone rightfully banned cries "ADM1N AB00SE!"

Back
Top Bottom