Banned / Kick / Problem player list

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe if we post an in game screen shot of the problem player it would be harder for them to fool us ? (just an idea, it might be a bad one)

Well yes but the person could always make a completely new character with different name and look, rendering the screenshot pointless  :wink:

Yay for a working subforum for us  :cool: Good idea on the list of changes on the servers to keep track, really useful. Styo pointed out that we should make a public list of the admins in the game, someone could do this, perhaps Archonsod? Perhaps just put in our usernames (Forum & Warband)" and 'region' "(US/EU)".

sadnhappy said:
Yay for a working subforum for us  :cool: Good idea on the list of changes on the servers to keep track, really useful. Styo pointed out that we should make a public list of the admins in the game, someone could do this, perhaps Archonsod? Perhaps just put in our usernames (Forum & Warband)" and 'region' "(US/EU)".

Yes, this. I wouldn't mind knowing, myself.

okiN said:
sadnhappy said:

Actually now would it be better if the public knew or didnt know?

Like do you know what i mean? Lets say we make a sticky saying Bob, phill, and roger are admins. Now when a player goes in the server and sees any of them, he wont glitch on purpose until they left. As if he didnt who is an admin and who isnt he would go ahead and glitch on purpose not knowing there is an admin in the server...you know?

Any thoughts?

Styo said:
okiN said:
sadnhappy said:

Like do you know what i mean? Lets say we make a sticky saying Bob, phill, and roger are admins. Now when a player goes in the server and sees any of them, he wont glitch on purpose until they left. As if he didnt who is an admin and who isnt he would go ahead and glitch on purpose not knowing there is an admin in the server...you know?

Any thoughts?

Now that I really think about it. I totally agree. I think it would be more beneficial if we/they/anyone did not publicly released who is an admin and who isn't. This could potentially save us all from alot of annoying problems.

1) Name duplication. If an admin signs off, someone can then just take their name and pretend they are the admin. Maybe demand things on the "or else ill ban" basis, or whatever. And people would probably not want to risk it knowing said person is an admin for real.

2) Bi-polar disorder. Exactly like styo said. If joe-bob is a general asshat, but somehow just always "happens" to be nice if he knows admins/mods/devs are around.

Styo said:
okiN said:
sadnhappy said:

Any thoughts?

Here's my thought on that: I think that if we really are active (Which is one of the reasons that we were chosen), there would be enough of us online troughout the day, especially when it's the busiest time in our respectful GMT time  :smile: And hey, what keeps us from disguising ourselves? Should we ever get a report of a person who's 'cheating' and acting badly, couldn't we just make up another name and character to see it for ourselves? Thus the catalyst in the questions would keep doing shenannigans, not knowing that there is infact an admin online on the server. In fact we could do this ('anonymous' playing) from time to time to see if this thing which you pointed out, actually happens.  :wink:

sadnhappy said:
Styo said:
okiN said:
sadnhappy said:

Any thoughts?

Here's my thought on that: I think that if we really are active (Which is one of the reasons that we were chosen), there would be enough of us online troughout the day, especially when it's the busiest time in our respectful GMT time  :smile: And hey, what keeps us from disguising ourselves? Should we ever get a report of a person who's 'cheating' and acting badly, couldn't we just make up another name and character to see it for ourselves? Thus the catalyst in the questions would keep doing shenannigans, not knowing that there is infact an admin online on the server. In fact we could do this ('anonymous' playing) from time to time to see if this thing which you pointed out, actually happens.  :wink:

*facepalm* you make an interesting point. What keeps us from playing the same game. And in this way, people on the forums can PM any of us for people to watch out for.

That's what I'd worry about. On the other hand knowing who the admins are makes it easier if people want to report problematic players or similar. Of course, we can always just list the forum name and leave the warband name out, that would still give people a means of talking to us via the board and leave it up to us whether we want to be recognisable on the servers.

Ninja'd :lol:

I'll start a new thread if people want to post their location/availability/warband name here.

Styo said:
okiN said:
sadnhappy said:

Any thoughts?

Personally I would prefer we had tagged toons and optional non-tagged ones. Sure you can go undercover at will, but it's good that the community sees we are policing the game.

Archonsod said:
That's what I'd worry about. On the other hand knowing who the admins are makes it easier if people want to report problematic players or similar. Of course, we can always just list the forum name and leave the warband name out, that would still give people a means of talking to us via the board and leave it up to us whether we want to be recognisable on the servers.

Ninja'd :lol:

I'll start a new thread if people want to post their location/availability/warband name here.

Whoops sorry. While the discussion was going on here I was making one.  :lol:

Archonsod said:
You can always add an ADM tag. You can keep multiple profiles, so you could set up one non-admin and one admin profile and just switch between them as needed.

Agreed, but I think my worry is anyone can add an ADM tag....

Should we just make a poll about the subject between us concerned? Just to end this discussion and move onto things that really matter, the stuff that we are supposed to do.  :smile:

I'm all for publishing everything, from forum name to game name to region.

Warning - while you were reading 11 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
o_O (Had dinner :razz:)

just log in with different chars like arch said.
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom