Banned for 6 weeks for teamkilling??

Users who are viewing this thread

For the past two weeks I've had issues with logging into multiplayer. It would just say "Can't log in" and I couldn't play with my friends. I would try daily to log in and post regularly on this forum looking for any assistance.
Then today I try to log in and it's telling me that I'm banned until December 25, for "teamkilling". Merry Christmas!!!!!
How is this reasonable? I never intentionally killed anyone on my team and if I did it was either by mistake (Since I play skirmish) or done in pregame warm up. And how do you decide to make a 6 week ban? That's completely uncalled for and a really easy way to lose the player base. I've enjoyed playing this game since the days of warband and even before multiplayer. But I have to say I'm beyond disappointed now. I urge you to reconsider my 6 week ban for unintentional teamkilling whilst playing skirmish.

We don't normally give 6 weeks of punishments. I checked the logs and did indeed see some reports for Team Killing and Team Hits but they were not so excessive that needed a 6 week-long ban. Disabled the ban.

We are reviewing all the reports by hand and sometimes we might do mistakes like selecting weeks over hours etc. So sorry about that.

Also, locked the other topic you created in the wrong section, moved this one to the general board.

This isn't the first time this happened, if the system really is this unintuitive that you can accidentally ban people for 6 weeks instead of 6 days then something needs to be fixed.

Do you have a confirmation message or even an extra confirmation if it is over a week?

People are getting bans without knowing what they did wrong and when they did it wrong. Which is just ridiculous.

Automatic ban system in combination with vote system should be great. So if someone teamhits a certain amount give teammates the option to vote him out.

Thanks for looking into my complaint and reversing the decision to ban me, I really do appreciate it. I love this game, in fact it's one of my favorites, so i really enjoy playing it as well as interacting with the community. I never knew that you could be banned for team killing, I admit sometimes I don't distinguish between friend or foe in the warmup time of skirmishes or in the brief moments after a round is won. I'll be more mindful of that in future.

Back
Top Bottom