Banned for 10years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made my day, hahahaha.
Like banning someone for an avatar of a Chinese politician in a computer game is not an act of political argument...:lol:

Same things happened on Taiwan gamer forum but the mods fixed it soon and now they allow the political discussion but only in this case.

Man, good i don`t like Winnie the Pooh because i heard that he is banned there as well. :lol:
Some gudelines could be very usefull, not many people may know that Winnie is banned there...

Well, what did you say? Given the state of the game right now, I have to believe that your situation was personally looked into by someone with some sort of authority. I HIGHLY doubt that you've been banned for dropping a mere "Fbomb"...

If I had to guess based purely upon my MP experience thus far, the chances are high that you're probably some sort of the deus vult/white supremacist trash that infests this game. If not, I hope it get sorted out quickly. If so, I applaud TW for taking steps to remove degenerate filth from their product.
Deus vult/ white supremacist trash eh? Mate can't you leave your political ideologies on the doorstep and just play the game and enjoy it? Like your political viewpoint doesn't add anything to the game or this forum and neither does my ideologies so just put that stuff away and just play the game.

Deus vult/ white supremacist trash eh? Mate can't you leave your political ideologies on the doorstep and just play the game and enjoy it? Like your political viewpoint doesn't add anything to the game or this forum and neither does my ideologies so just put that stuff away and just play the game.
Instead of replying to posts from page 1 I recommend you read the entirety of this thread before. Page 4 has something of interest:
Moderation had to shut two threads down, because the amount of xenophobia and racist language was becoming an issue. There's also not a lot we can actively discuss and these threads derail into political arguments quite quickly, which would be fine it this was not the on-topic section of a video game.

Good, ban them I say. Tired of the chat in game being dominated by 15yr olds being racist and hateful. You go into games to do that and get banned, don't go complaining.

Good, ban them I say. Tired of the chat in game being dominated by 15yr olds being racist and hateful. You go into games to do that and get banned, don't go complaining.
There is a difference between getting banned for hateful speech and getting banned for "hateful speech that will cause chaos in the great people's republic of china".

China should always have had a different masterserver in the first place honestly.

There is a difference between getting banned for hateful speech and getting banned for "hateful speech that will cause chaos in the great people's republic of china".

China should always have had a different masterserver in the first place honestly.
When you isolate China, that's what you are thinking. In another thread, I found that you feel uneasy about the trollers. Maybe it's just that they're not targeting the Chinese? This is as strange as some whites' discrimination against blacks. These behaviors are annoying everywhere. All we need to do is just play the game and not fight over pointless, annoying behavior. This is just a game, it ain't necessarily so. Those admins' permissions should have TW supervision, too. It should have detailed rules.

When you isolate China, that's what you are thinking. In another thread, I found that you feel uneasy about the trollers. Maybe it's just that they're not targeting the Chinese? This is as strange as some whites' discrimination against blacks. These behaviors are annoying everywhere. All we need to do is just play the game and not fight over pointless, annoying behavior. This is just a game, it ain't necessarily so. Those admins' permissions should have TW supervision, too. It should have detailed rules.
There’s proof above of someone being reported and banned for a having a profile picture of the Chinese Leader. This is censorship to the extreme and if it is happening on EU servers then it’s probably breaking a lot of laws surrounding freedom of speech and expression. It’s not racism against China it’s backlash over Chineses moderators acting like their government.
Disclaimer those screenshots posted above I don’t know if they’re forged or not but I’m leaning towards the latter

Can we have a detailed list of who or what platform/forum etc can ban users globally from login the multiplayer?
The only people I know of who have that authority are Callum and some other devs, and I would say with absolute certainty that they are not responsible for a 10-year ban for a Winnie the Pooh avatar or some other nonsense. The longest ban issued by Callum that I know about was 10 days, for the use of a racial slur in chat.

I'd say to be cautious about claims that an outsourced Chinese community forum has the ability to ban people from the master server, but--considering what we have seen--I'm not discounting the possibility. Hopefully this is sorted out soon, and some oversight is put in place to prevent this happening again in the future. That said, if server-specific bans and game admin tools were implemented then it wouldn't be a huge problem as we could remove the need for global login bans almost entirely.

That said, if server-specific bans and game admin tools were implemented then it wouldn't be a huge problem as we could remove the need for global login bans almost entirely.

Thank you for this sentence. Now I'm at peace.
Horror was the thought to be globally banned 'cause somebody somewhere decided I'm politically incorrect.

I'd jus like improvements made to either chat filters or banning functions, it took me a week & thread of 800views to even get attention of addressing what was the running joke "my kids will love to play it in 10years." The game is amazing wait was def worth it, my campaign hero is lvl17 with 560days. Yet is salted I just ran campaign to practice fightn multiplayer. But over the course of around 60-70hrs multiplayer if you read only my text I agree complete jackass. I dont believe I could of offended anybody for a lifetime ban let alone 5 weeks, but whats offensive to me isnt to others. I see constant hate against my own country and beliefs, I translate it back into a 2k:d ratio rarely need to use words. I'd just like to get back to choppn and lancing if that takes 5weeks, terrible. But I've waited this long already and if is the only letdown great just dont let it happen to others. :party:

These bans were reported to us as having to do with using cheats. We are currently looking into this issue and as of yesterday, we have reduced the duration to one week as a temporary measure. We hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

I am so glad to hearing from you. Could you kindly explain to us the state of server administration? Could Chinese ban foreign users permanently?
Thank you for responding.

These bans were reported to us as having to do with using cheats.

I hope thats your attempt at a joke Callum cause if I was banned for woopn ass... This is a entire new dimension of how badass JohnMeade is, I cant even run any programs but M&B on this PC cause its 10years old and extreamly stressed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom