Banned for 10years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty into the idea of having chat filters and less hate speech but 10 years? Jesus Christ lol

I find it very weird to ban someone for life due to what happens in chat, without any warning, without any proper policy written by TW for BL MP...

"I'm sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that spout my anti-semitic rhetoric on Taleworlds product"

If OP was indeed banned for toxic chat offences, then I'm loving the direction they're going.

Short of a game ban, it would also be fantastic to see bans on a players ability to even post in chat. Perhaps random characters taking place of actual text. Imagining some 16 year old desperately trying, but failing to "trigger snowflakes" in game chat until he finally looks up at the pepe flag on his wall and whispers "what have I done..." brings a smile to my face.

"I'm sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that spout my anti-semitic rhetoric on Taleworlds product"

If OP was indeed banned for toxic chat offences, then I'm loving the direction they're going.

Short of a game ban, it would also be fantastic to see bans on a players ability to even post in chat. Perhaps random characters taking place of actual text. Imagining some 16 year old desperately trying, but failing to "trigger snowflakes" in game chat until he finally looks up at the pepe flag on his wall and whispers "what have I done..." brings a smile to my face.
I'm not against any punishment or counter-measurements, but I oppose irrational, totalitarian behavior which is similar to those of certain countries; you'd understand that if you actually read my suggestion since you missed the main point in my comment and assume a lot in your own. Your ''quote'' doesn't make any sense. In an actual court system there are various degrees in punishment and there are laws to begin with. There aren't any major games out there which permanently bans their players for toxic chat, there are those that uses other counter-measures, at most CS:GO can issue a temporary game ban for repeated offenses. However, I'll not start an discussion about MNB being Habbohotel where you need to protect kids from pedophiles or mean words.

It's not a surprising decision from TW though. Taking extreme actions without any explanation or details, that is.

I am pretty sure they did it with a very good reason. Since the OP did not provide any details, I would suggest we all return to actual helpful criticism and focus on the game. I used to ban a lot of players back when I was admin on Battlegrounds server, mostly for inappropriate behavior or trash talk, so it is nothing new.
Again, if the OP believes he was banned for no reason and his defense was denied by the staff, then he could show us his proof. If he has none, I think this topic has no reason to continue. It is pointless and brings negativity for no reason.

EDIT: Inappropriate behavior can also mean in-game actions that break the other player's experience. There were many reports lately of people that broke the experience of others by doing such. Please take that into consideration.

Again, if the OP believes he was banned for no reason and his defense was denied by the staff, then he could show us his proof. If he has none, I think this topic has no reason to continue.
Sorry for asking, but how exactly do you show proof, unless we record ourselves playing 24/7 in preparation of a potential case being built about us? Also I'd like to get an answer to my first post about how TW know they ban the right guy from previously only looking at screenshots or videos of offenders since several players can go under the very same alias?

I am pretty sure they did it with a very good reason. Since the OP did not provide any details, I would suggest we all return to actual helpful criticism and focus on the game. I used to ban a lot of players back when I was admin on Battlegrounds server, mostly for inappropriate behavior or trash talk, so it is nothing new.
Again, if the OP believes he was banned for no reason and his defense was denied by the staff, then he could show us his proof. If he has none, I think this topic has no reason to continue. It is pointless and brings negativity for no reason.
The debate isn't really about whether he did something or not. It is whether a 10 year ban is appropriate punishment for saying something bad.

Sorry for asking, but how exactly do you show proof, unless we record ourselves playing 24/7 in preparation of a potential case being built about us? Also I'd like to get an answer to my first post about how TW know they ban the right guy from previously only looking at screenshots or videos of offenders since several players can go under the very same alias?
Every multiplayer game connected to steam or whatnot has a database with specific details (for Bannerlord, you do noticed your stats are recorded, K/D/A). There, possibly, a history of your chat messages can be saved too. So yes, you can be checked by steam id, or IP or what not.

@OperatorAndrew: If whatever he said or did was nasty, he could get a 10 year ban. We banned people for life on Battlegrounds. What you do or say on a platform that has rules is your responsibility. If I go and spit an old man in the face for no reason, I will receive backlash from the people around and probably get arrested or sued. Everywhere in life rules apply, including gaming. And if I was a community manager (admin), I would rather ban a man that make 10 people leave then have those people leave because of a man (of course, if the reason is trolling/trash-talk/inappropriate behavior)

Considering there are no details, this is all just hypothetical. We don't know what happened. But to add to the hypothetical and moreso to drive home an opinion on the chat thing, I find a punishment of 10 years rather draconian for a chat offense. Now trolling in game or whatnot I could see depending on the frequency and severity of what they were doing, IE Glitching maps repeatedly, actively sabotaging his team in matches, things like that. But I don't see the reason, if it was a chat offense, to impose such a punishment when the game has a mute system built into it. Find whatever someone is typing in chat abhorrent? Mute, that simple. I would also think the game could benefit from a Chat filter for the obvious go to words that people will use.

UPDATE: 5'week ban

Still no clarity on what was the inappropriate behavior was.
Cant claim evidence of innocence I admit to regularly curse an rarely make off color remarks. If it was in my gameplay then this is even worse cause I'll be doin it again without clarity of what is the infraction was. I can understand the reasons behind the ban, but being an early access game we dont have the finished product, and they probbly dont have chat revoke functions or filters yet. But 5 weeks this is the kinda stuff Kafka dreamt up. I wouldnt have a problem with a 7-14day ban, boom lesson learned dont use chat function to taunt, or vent frustrations. But bein banned longer then the game has even been released for a first offender is bad territory.

Still no clarity on what was the inappropriate behavior was.
Cant claim evidence of innocence I admit to regularly curse an rarely make off color remarks. If it was in my gameplay then this is even worse cause I'll be doin it again without clarity of what is the infraction was. I can understand the reasons behind the ban, but being an early access game we dont have the finished product, and they probbly dont have chat revoke functions or filters yet. But 5 weeks this is the kinda stuff Kafka dreamt up. I wouldnt have a problem with a 7-14day ban, boom lesson learned dont use chat function to taunt, or vent frustrations. But bein banned longer then the game has even been released for a first offender is bad territory.

Well, curiously, you wouldn't happen to be playing on Oceanic servers would you? It seems there are issues with admin actions and admins enforcing certain government propaganda on such servers. Which I think is a problem if the servers are not housed within said country of a certain Government.

Well, curiously, you wouldn't happen to be playing on Oceanic servers would you? It seems there are issues with admin actions and admins enforcing certain government propaganda on such servers. Which I think is a problem if the servers are not housed within said country of a certain Government.

Several times cause they were the only servers with the new maps, but I cant recall making any pandemic remarks, doubtful that was the cause.

I'm sorry who made you the Ban Czar? 10 years no game does that for toxic comments, 1 week, a month, 6 months thats it unless it's bad bad.
Oceana servers are having a rough time due to unjust bans for dumb ****. Taiwan as a name who bans for that? Totalitarian hail CCP huh.

Still no clarity on what was the inappropriate behavior was...

Well golly gee willikers, that's frustrating! I bet if you thought REALLY hard about it and really tried to remember, you would figure it out. Not buying the playing dumb routine you're putting on, bud.

While I'm having a pretty hard time enjoying this game thus far, the absence of any amount of toxic players does make it better. See you in 5 weeks!

Lmao the CM comes and tell you its not a bug means you officially got cucked.

I'm sorry who made you the Ban Czar? 10 years no game does that for toxic comments, 1 week, a month, 6 months thats it unless it's bad bad.
Oceana servers are having a rough time due to unjust bans for dumb ****. Taiwan as a name who bans for that? Totalitarian hail CCP huh.

Who made me the Czar? Nobody yet, unfortunately. I'm not terribly familiar with what is going on with Oceana servers, so I cant speak to that. OP stated in his initial posts that is was on NA servers.

I am more concerned that there are people in here that are quick to the trigger with this pro-censorship witch hunt behavior over mere words/sounds. Makes it creepy to know these people are among us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom