Banned for 10years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure I even did anything wrong.... but 10years is abit long for what cursing?

Well, what did you say? Given the state of the game right now, I have to believe that your situation was personally looked into by someone with some sort of authority. I HIGHLY doubt that you've been banned for dropping a mere "Fbomb"...

If I had to guess based purely upon my MP experience thus far, the chances are high that you're probably some sort of the deus vult/white supremacist trash that infests this game. If not, I hope it get sorted out quickly. If so, I applaud TW for taking steps to remove degenerate filth from their product.

This is actually pretty good, I've seen so much racist trolling in the ingame chat and didn't think TW had any ability to do anything about it (I guess the OP didn't think so either, heh), hopefully people will think about what they say before blurting it out now.

There is nothing you could have said that should prohibit you from playing multiplayer for 10 years in a game you paid for.
He likely said something hateful and racist. He is not banned from playing the singleplayer, but Taleworlds wont tolerate it anymore in multiplayer. I don't think they are proactive enough about it as you need to personally report people to forum mods with evidence, but i don't mind doing it if it cleans up the community.

He likely said something hateful and racist. He is not banned from playing the singleplayer, but Taleworlds wont tolerate it anymore in multiplayer. I don't think they are proactive enough about it as you need to personally report people to forum mods with evidence, but i don't mind doing it if it cleans up the community.
There is this thing people say: "The punishment should fit the crime". I don't know what OP said but right now i am imagining that he said the most hateful and hurtful thing he could have said to me ,and i do not think the punishment fits the crime. My feelings are hurt but i am not going to care tommorow. OP however has lost from 10 to 40 dollars depending on how much he values playing multiplayer.

I think the worst possible punishment for saying something bad would be to disable your communications so you can't write/say anything. More casually it should be day, week or month long bans.

There is this thing people say: "The punishment should fit the crime". I don't know what OP said but right now i am imagining that he said the most hateful and hurtful thing he could have said to me ,and i do not think the punishment fits the crime. My feelings are hurt but i am not going to care tommorow. OP however has lost from 10 to 40 dollars depending on how much he values playing multiplayer.

I think the worst possible punishment for saying something bad would be to disable your communications so you can't write/say anything. More casually it should be day, week or month long bans.

If you pay for a membership to a gym, and then walk in and start cursing at everyone including the owner, you are very likely do get banned for life from that gym, despite the fact that you paid for it. As other's have said in OP's case, he still can play single player so... there is that. Of course this is pure speculation since we don't know what he did.

Also, obnoxious behavior makes the game less enjoyable for the other players. They paid their money too. Where do you draw the line? Well luckily it's not up to us, it's up to the moderators.

I find it very weird to ban someone for life due to what happens in chat, without any warning, without any proper policy written by TW for BL MP. Should players have to worry about being mistakenly banned because someone else share our Steam alias? I don't know of any other game studio using such drastic means for toxic chat, because they got better mechanics in place (read the list of suggestions in my signature).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom