SP - Economy Banditry based on prosperity (lack of) and Refugee villagers

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it would make sense to have the banditry in the area (chance of hideouts and bandit spawns) be related to the prosperity of nearby settlements, the more prosperity means less people in need, and less crime, it doesn't really make sense to see so many looters spawning near a town with 10k+ prosperity where so many job opportunities exist.

Also when a village is raided about 30% of the villagers should escape to nearby villages increasing their hearth size and towns/castles becoming militia, the villager groups would be visible in the map and can be intercepted if you are feeling specially sadistic. A few days after the village was raided a big group of looters representing about 30% of the initial population (or smaller groups of 5~10% each) would pop up and start being annoyances near the village ruins. (we assume the last 40% died in the raid)

I'd tie it also to food prices. Nothing pushes people to stealing as much as the fear of starvation.

And also relations between the lord and notables of his fief. Higher relations - less banditry. That will mostly hit newly conquered lands, where lords didn't manage to establish their rule and cooperate with local population.

I'd tie it also to food prices. Nothing pushes people to stealing as much as the fear of starvation.

And also relations between the lord and notables of his fief. Higher relations - less banditry. That will mostly hit newly conquered lands, where lords didn't manage to establish their rule and cooperate with local population.
Oh yeah that would also make sense. Right now recently taken fiefs are too good, they should be harder to manage for the first year, specially if the culture is different.

Ave you ever tried to destroy all the listed partied in a bandit hideout?
I haven't succeeded yet. Some seem to rove far away.
The fact all bandits share some banners doesn't help.

Well ... actually that the bandits are formed by pockets of poverty there can be.
But that devastate the area where they were born a little less.

At the most they should have the base near the city / village from which they were formed and should attack villages distant from their own, or those of factions other than the one from which they originated.
With a scale of priorities in this sense:
1) caravans of other factions
2) villages of other factions
3) distant villages same faction
4) distant caravans of the same faction

All by establishing their attack frequency, so that at least one of the four conditions occurs and that after an attack or after reaching the desired number of attacks, they return to the base, rest a few days, sell part of the loot and then start again the cycle all over again.

Security value for now seems to be 100 almost all the time for me, maybe some more depth will be added to it, and that value will influence bandit spawn and other "criminal stuff"...
For now it looks like bandits are spawn around everywhere, in war-depraved regions it is more noticeable, maybe primarily because nobody cleans them up?

Back
Top Bottom