Banditry a little too uncontrollable, Militia as potential fix

Users who are viewing this thread

Good evening,

Okay so, from playing this game for a fair bit, I notice that starting from day 300 or so, bandit parties start to get out of hand...

Bandit lairs remain pretty much permanent unless if the player interferes, which, I am not sure about you, but I have better things to do than chase bandits and destroy the lairs every single day. That being said, Towns, Castles and even villages have militias. Militias currently are only useful during sieges, with village militia being practically useless (Yes they provide a "defence" when the village gets raided but like what will 20 peasants do against a professional army).

That being said, what if you can instruct the militia to let say patrol around their respective Towns, Castles and villages? This would help deal with the banditry, especially around Towns and Castles. An offset to this is that any deployed militia group needs to be paid from your own pocket. So if you have 30 guys patrolling, it will cost you like 200-300 denars per day. Or maybe the place where the patrol comes from has reduced prosperity growth since some of the labour force is out patrolling or something to provide a negative to the positive.

The idea behind this is to have some way of deterring bandit parties from attacking your villagers. Historically speaking, when bandits would raid and pillage villages and the landscape, the lord would usually send out a detachment to deal with those bandits. Something similar would be nice in this game. It will also allow for greater immersion in the game, it adds one additional thing you need to worry about when having territory. So maybe then even the garrisons could be instructed to do the patrolling? Kind of like what the diplomacy mod in Warband added, patrols that can provide security in some areas.

Anyways thank you for reading!

Warband had manhunters to take care of looter problems can suggest implementing same system to hunt them down

Although manhunters were good, they were not in big enough numbers. They were good early on but they became a moderate-rare occurrence mid-late game when bandit parties were more numerous and stronger

Although manhunters were good, they were not in big enough numbers. They were good early on but they became a moderate-rare occurrence mid-late game when bandit parties were more numerous and stronger
Thats fine, the 100 man looter parties are for the lords and the player. Its the little 5 man parties that run amuck and clog up the map that are the problem and manhunter parties would easily solve that.

In addition, something has to be done with hideouts respawning almost immediately after I destroy them. Another issue is different types of hideouts can spawn in the same area, as a result we have 2-3 hideouts in one area which in turn causes serious bandit infestation and adding looters into the mix we get everything covered in red parties.
Please consider editing spawn time for a hideout of the same type in the same area after destruction of previous one. Limiting number of hideouts per unit of territory/allowing lords or militia parties destroy hideouts themselves after certain amount of time.

In addition, something has to be done with hideouts respawning almost immediately after I destroy them. Another issue is different types of hideouts can spawn in the same area, as a result we have 2-3 hideouts in one area which in turn causes serious bandit infestation and adding looters into the mix we get everything covered in red parties.
Please consider editing spawn time for a hideout of the same type in the same area after destruction of previous one. Limiting number of hideouts per unit of territory/allowing lords or militia parties destroy hideouts themselves after certain amount of time.

+1

Warband had manhunters to take care of looter problems can suggest implementing same system to hunt them down

Will probably be modded in sooner than it's implemented, but very good idea. We already have minor factions, so this time there's potential for a manhunting minor to be added and its lore expanded.

I have noticed the big parties of bandits to. And have also noticed lords hounding looters down alot. The problem is (in my opinion) that hideouts arent beeing destroyed by the AI. Only the player can do that. Thus looters dont stop beeing spawned.

99% of the map in my game has a completly ****ed economy because peasants cant take a 5 meter walk without beeing jumped by bandits and looters xD

Back
Top Bottom