Bandit spawn rate issue

Users who are viewing this thread

LeoWubs

Recruit
So I was just curious if it's possible to reduce bandit spawn rate. I just fought a 100+ worth of forest bandits and it barely dented them.
unknown.png

You can improve security in your own lands, but that's not going to help your caravans if some AI lord doesn't care.

That's exactly my problem, a town that I own isn't getting enough food anymore due to caravans being stopped around Vlandia and Epicrotea. I actually started counting how many bandits I encountered and just Vlandia alone I encountered 587 Forest bandits, some 100 sea raiders and Looters. I haven't even gotten to Epicrotea yet but it looked even worse than Vlandia did. Constant messages of AI lords getting captured by bandits from both the Northern and Western Empire.

What version is this? Go clear their hideouts and eventually there will be less, sometimes areas get neglected so long that massive amount end up together.

In 1.5.8 beat I haven't found any roaming bandits yet and it's like day 80 :sad:

So I was just curious if it's possible to reduce bandit spawn rate. I just fought a 100+ worth of forest bandits and it barely dented them.
unknown.png
I want to fight more bandits actually... but not little parties like that, that are barely worth chasing... They should merge together more often in my opinion, so you can destroy them for good and also have good battles and an easier time dealing with what this is. Bandit heroes maybe unite them, come onn

That's exactly my problem, a town that I own isn't getting enough food anymore due to caravans being stopped around Vlandia and Epicrotea. I actually started counting how many bandits I encountered and just Vlandia alone I encountered 587 Forest bandits, some 100 sea raiders and Looters. I haven't even gotten to Epicrotea yet but it looked even worse than Vlandia did. Constant messages of AI lords getting captured by bandits from both the Northern and Western Empire.
now imagine if those bandits united into bigger parties... that would be so fun to fight...
Honestly I don't even know why they show the very small parties... the 1's, the 2's... they should remain more "hidden" until they regroup. Fighting a forest bandit 1 on 1 is barely a "battle"...

now imagine if those bandits united into bigger parties... that would be so fun to fight...
Honestly I don't even know why they show the very small parties... the 1's, the 2's... they should remain more "hidden" until they regroup. Fighting a forest bandit 1 on 1 is barely a "battle"...
This 100%

It was often asked, don´t know why this suggestion gets also ignored.

I actually am playing fully vanilla. No mods and this is on beta 1.5.8. And they do become an issue. I saved a caravan from 7 groups of forest bandits all attacking one caravan. When I joined that battle there were 116 forest bandits lol

If I were to guess I would say it's because those large groups of bandits don't have a party leader and take a huge hit to party speed, so they become a non-issue and that kind of defeats their purpose. I doubt TW wants that to happen.
A group of 13 looters/whatever bandits isn´t also an issue after the first 30 minutes. They´ll flee from you and chasing them isn´t worth it.

But a group of 67 is a least worth a battle/chase.

Of course it should be balanced, they shouldn´t form large parties in the very (!) early game but after the mid game.

HAH - Wtf. I have the same problem. But with Sea Raiders. They just spawned like a ****ton of hideouts and are roaming around destroying everything. It was fun at first. But they are neverending :razz:

WTF-2.jpg

WTF.jpg

It just makes it needlessly tedious cause you have to chase them down and they will usually all run different directions so you can't even vacuum multiple groups into one blob. Plus 40+ Forest bandits will wreck any caravan they catch. I'd say cap the amount of parties that can spawn out of hideouts but make the individual parties larger and led by their respective bosses so it doesn't just look like a random mob without a head running about.

I remember suggesting and hearing other people suggest that that bandit parties of less than 10 men (rising to 20 towards late game) should merge together. This isn't a complex thing like getting proper AI fighting bandits or patrols or anything. Just a basic check: if party is below 10 men, try merge with nearest other bandit party of same type. Failing that, go back to hideout and merge there.

@LeoWubs can you send your save file to [email protected] let me examine why that much bandits spawned in your playthrough.

Also your money seem 18m in 1085. 35k influence. Did you make some cheats?

Also @Ariakan i can examine yours too if you send.

Its normal each hideout has 10-15 parties around more than this number can be related with a problem. Maybe there can be 1-2 more infested hideouts in that area Ariakan but i see 1 in screenshot.

Last edited:
Its normal each hideout has 10-15 parties around more than this number can be related with a problem. Maybe there can be 1-2 more infested hideouts in that area Ariakan but i see 1 in screenshot.
Aren´t 10-15 parties a lot for one hideout? I thought it would be something around 5 parties each hideout?

At least I would prefer 5 parties with 20+ bandits instead of 10-15 parties with <10 troops as it seems to be right now?

EDIT:

In the early game a lot of small <10 bandit parties are fine, but after the mid game they get annoying and fewer parties with larger numbers are better, in my opinion. But of course we need to see the big picture, I´m not sure at all how they affect all the caravans and stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom